Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    i just remembered i need a go farm from timber im out lol but thats a good point benggaul

Quote Originally Posted by Palmtree View Post
    You want logic ? How about that 1 tree in the herb garden that has apples and bananas laying under it on the same day...
    Magic. There is absolutely zero possible situations though when I, as a Commander having a ton of subordinates, would go and point trees by myself.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

TP > LM all the way.

I have an overabundance of mats, and it's just so easy to dump them for garrison resources. Also, if I need more of a mat, I have an auctioneer just to my left.
    Trading Post is a blessing.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The grind to get that auctioneer is bullshit tbh. I don't expect it to be easy, but killing over 2000 mobs and not seeing ONE piece is bullshit.

TP gives you access to AH, why demolish it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

When faced with this problem, I dumped the trading post. Not worth dumping resources into it when I can just to to arak or nagrand and spend 20 minutes every 4 days collecting a stack of lumber.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    TP gives you access to AH, why demolish it?
    Sure, for 60-70k worth of mats from the AH. I have yet to see a single piece drop for any of my toons. My hearth is still set to shrine, having to spend 15 seconds to get to an AH isn't a huge burden when I have a garrison hearthstone I can use to get right back.

The transformation item from the LM is really good btw, works in heroic dungeons too and gives me 500k hp. Shame its 80 timber per charge...

Deleted
    So I got rid of the LB and recruited scavanger immediately and since then my GR went up by a lot. I kind of regret not doing this sooner, missed on a lot of good followers by having LB.

So if you are in the same shoes, definitely consider having only LB or TP, not both. (if you have one or two scavangers)

Lumber Mill is so much manlier, though.
    #Commandojack4Dayz

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    TP can be used to trade unneeded rescources for mats, which you can sell for gold. Its really usefull.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Anyone who thinks replacing either of em once your Garrison is fully built is a good idea has no idea what they're talking about. You'll end up running out of resources sooner or later, and when you do, don't come back to forums to complain about "No Resource farming?".
    I have no problem with rescources, one of them is good enough.
    Hell, I don't even generate any rescources on my alts aside from daily rescources you get. LM is not worth my time.

TP is self sufficient, LM isn't

I will be taking out the lumber mill and keeping trading post since it gives me conveinant access to an auction house and draenor rep bonus, but I will misss the lumber mill since it always gives me apexis crystals too.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    TP3 with 21 orders limit is much better than LM, just fill it up when you get Black/True Iron Orders and you have 3 days of orders for virtually free

i'm running LM at the moment for the follower, but after that i'm back to TP all way

I started out with an LM & TP setup with the intention to replace the LM for Barn once I was past the resource bottle neck on building upgrades.

If I was to do it again, I never would have wasted time with the LM and just gone Inn from the get go. First 2-3 weeks I would have recruited Scavengers.....

Just two scavengers (with correct counters) laugh at both the TP and LM in terns of potential resource generation. Both scavengers run multiple missions a day that net 100-140 resources each, and now more frequently the ones I can send them both out on an get 390-800 return.

Neither TP or LM can come close to touching that type of Resource income.

When discussing TP vs LM, taking into account that neither are needed for resource generation, TP destroys LM since you can trade these hundreds of now useless resources for mats that are currently selling for inflated values.

Inn>>>>>>>>>TP>>LM

They do need to buff the drop rate on the Ashran auctioneer parts [universal language]. None showing up on the AH. All the other modules are pretty easy tbh

I'd prefer TP for ability to convert resources into crafting mats and as a dump for resource overstock (ore).
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Get rid of Lumbermill and use the Inn to recruit atleast 3 followers with Scavenger, that will be enough to sustain your garrison. after you get millhouse and the other things you want from the inn like aviannas feather, you can get rid of that also.

for people that are sitting on piles of garrison resources. i hope you are aware you can use those for bonus roll tokens right?

Quote Originally Posted by sagajin View Post
    for people that are sitting on piles of garrison resources. i hope you are aware you can use those for bonus roll tokens right?
    Yes, but you can also use gold/honor/crystals. Those have been much easier for me to get so far.
    I'll worry about excess GR when i near the cap.