Deleted

couple of boomkin questions

hey, sorry if these questions have been answered before, but i had a quick look and couldn't find the answers.

1. I know that DoTs obviously change dynamically depending on what procs we have, but does this include our balance cycle? So is it worth refreshing MF/SF at maximum eclipse, or will it dynamically update the damage anyway and only the instant damage would change?

2. Do wrath, starsurge and starfire have their bonuses altered when you start casting, or when the spell cast is finished? By this I mean if you start casting in an eclipse cycle, but finish as your cycle starts going back, does it take the damage from eclipse state or not?

Again sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I haven't found these specific answers yet. Cheers!

Our DoTs don't snapshot anything, so focus on keeping them up over hitting any specific point in the cycle. All direct damage bonuses are calculated when a spell fires, not when you begin casting. Only haste is calculated when the cast starts, for obvious reasons.

Deleted
    Assuming you're using euphoria (current single target spec of choice) you apply moonfire every 2 peaks of lunar, and sunfire everytime you peak solar.

If you weren't using euphoria you'd be applying lunar every peak and sunfire as you enter solar and as you peak solar.

Deleted
    1. yes & no, if you use BoP or StLF you should reapply dots at peak. You will also need to apply sunfire at the start of solar. If you use Euphoria you should aim to refresh your dots while you still have the buff on (solar/lunar peak). However the damage gain from this is so incredibly minor that realistically speaking you only aim to keep your dots up.

2. The amount of bonus damage granted by your eclipse is defined when the cast is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutk View Post
    1. yes & no, if you use BoP or StLF you should reapply dots at peak. You will also need to apply sunfire at the start of solar. If you use Euphoria you should aim to refresh your dots while you still have the buff on (solar/lunar peak). However the damage gain from this is so incredibly minor that realistically speaking you only aim to keep your dots up.

2. The amount of bonus damage granted by your eclipse is defined when the cast is finished.
    When the cast hits the target I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    When the cast hits the target I thought.
    Caster effects are calculated when the cast finishes. Target effects when it hits.