Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    You can kill a boss as many times per week as you like, but only loot it once per difficulty.
    Quoted for posterity.

So if I kill Boss A in 1st heroic run and did not loot him, will I be able to loot from Boss A in 2nd heroic run in same week?

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    So if I kill Boss A in 1st heroic and did not loot him, will I be able to loot from Boss A in 2nd heroic in same week?
    If you kill boss A then you receive loot.
    How it works is you get 0.2 loot per boss per week, so if you have 10 people each of them receive 0.2 pieces of loot resulting in 2 pieces of loot being dropped for the group.

Now lets say you go back and kill it again, 9 people haven't killed him this week so are eligible to 0.2 pieces each, however as you have killed them you are eligible to 0 pieces each. When the boss dies he drops 1.8 pieces (blizzard will supply 1 or 2 pieces), you however have not contributed your 0.2 chance to the boss so then you are not eligible for one of the 1.8 pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post
    If you kill boss A then you receive loot.
    How it works is you get 0.2 loot per boss per week, so if you have 10 people each of them receive 0.2 pieces of loot resulting in 2 pieces of loot being dropped for the group.

Now lets say you go back and kill it again, 9 people haven't killed him this week so are eligible to 0.2 pieces each, however as you have killed them you are eligible to 0 pieces each. When the boss dies he drops 1.8 pieces (blizzard will supply 1 or 2 pieces), you however have not contributed your 0.2 chance to the boss so then you are not eligible for one of the 1.8 pieces.
    I am not sure if that's how it works. with 10 man in raid 2 items will drop even if 9 have killed that boss if i remember right. That's how tops guilds used to gear their main. im not 100% sure im right but im 90% sure im not wrong.

So if I kill Boss A in 1st heroic run and did not loot him, will I be able to loot from Boss A in 2nd heroic run in same week?
    You got locked out of your 2nd heroic run's loot from Boss A by killing it in the 1st heroic run.
    You can't save your 'loot chance' by not looting.
    If it's on personal loot, you either do or do not get something the first time and won't be able to get anything the second time.
    If it's on masterloot, you may or may not have won something the first time, but you still won't be able to get anything the second time.
    It doesn't matter if you actually 'loot' the boss or receive an item the first time.

Bonus rolls are available regardless.

Deleted
    No. You get one chance per week, per difficulty to loot the boss. Once you see the boss die, that's your one and only chance that week to receive loot from that boss.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I am not sure if that's how it works. with 10 man in raid 2 items will drop even if 9 have killed that boss if i remember right. That's how tops guilds used to gear their main. im not 100% sure im right but im 90% sure im not wrong.
    a) Definitely not how it works. Farming Kargath Heroic with everyone except the lock-out holder being saved, we got 0 drops there consecutive kills.

b) This was a way to gear mains for a very, very short period of time before they patched in lockouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    a) Definitely not how it works. Farming Kargath Heroic with everyone except the lock-out holder being saved, we got 0 drops there consecutive kills.

b) This was a way to gear mains for a very, very short period of time before they patched in lockouts.
    I was talking about where top guilds used lets say 10 players, 5 on main and 5 on alts to boost main characters. So they would gear those 5 then people that were using alt characters would use main character and other 5 main that won't be getting any loot since they are saved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking about where top guilds used lets say 10 players, 5 on main and 5 on alts to boost main characters. So they would gear those 5 then people that were using alt characters would use main character and other 5 main that won't be getting any loot since they are saved.
    But then they only get 1 guaranteed item.

If 10 people are in a raid, and 5 are loot locked, they WON'T count when the boss drops loot, only the 5 people who aren't saved will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But then they only get 1 guaranteed item.

If 10 people are in a raid, and 5 are loot locked, they WON'T count when the boss drops loot, only the 5 people who aren't saved will.

Quick point of clarification, how about 5 mains with 5 fresh alts each time? Alts never (or very rarely) get loot and everything is funneled to mains for actual raid progression?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not how its done. The top guilds didn't use the same alts, because being loot locked would mean you got less loot for the mains. It would be 5 mains, with 10 or 15 or 20 alts/friends. Then it would be 5 different mains, with different alts/friends, and so on.

The one time it was possible to give people gear, even if they were saved, was back in DS LFR - and several top guilds got banned for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Quick point of clarification, how about 5 mains with 5 fresh alts each time? Alts never (or very rarely) get loot and everything is funneled to mains for actual raid progression?
    Exactly, this is what they do. Except they have a lot more than 5 alts/friends in each raid, to give their mains the best chances at gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Exactly, this is what they do. Except they have a lot more than 5 alts/friends in each raid, to give their mains the best chances at gear.
    So let's see mythic team is set at 20, if you gear up 5 at a time then 25 alts per 5 mains which you run through 4 times a week just to get the mythic team geared then the mythic team goes and raids on top of that.

That's quite a bit of raiding there...
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    So let's see mythic team is set at 20, if you gear up 5 at a time then 25 alts per 5 mains which you run through 4 times a week just to get the mythic team geared then the mythic team goes and raids on top of that.

That's quite a bit of raiding there...
    Its a lot of repetative raiding in that first week when those top guilds were gearing up for the Mythic race. Almost all of the top guilds were running at least 3-4 of those types of main/alt raids to get their mains geared up to race for world firsts. But overall that likely wasn't a huge amount of raid time in comparison to what they do during progression. Even with a bunch of alts/socials/friends, those kinds of players are going to clear normal/heroic Highmaul fairly quickly. Even running it 4+ times you're still not looking at a lot of hours in that week, outside of whatever time they chose to dedicate to practicing Mythic strats during those clears.