10+ Year Old Account

Brawler's Guild - Shadow Priest

So i've been fighting my way up to get the follower "Meatball", and when i reached him, it was like hitting a wall. Some encounters i found difficult, but this one was topping them all.

Have you managed to kill him? Any tips possibly? Much appreciated

Keep it simple for Meatball. Picking up orbs is all you need to do. Use feathers and spend the ENTIRE fight running around picking up the orbs. COP/Mindbender talents, MB/DP on cooldown, Spam SW:P in between as you run around. SW when hes below 20%.

Deleted
    That fight is ludicrous. I find it amusing that people fail at it. The truth dawns on you if you stop and consider the simple fact about its orbs: they heal!

i.e. just keep getting them, they heal you while they still buf you.

You only need to insta cast and throw a devouring once or twice.

I was facepalming so bad when I saw a mage avoiding orbs to not get hit once or twice by meatball, while just getting two of them would be an insta heal to full health.

has anyone beaten the last brawler fight as spriest? i cannot do the first phase fast enough, always takes me >1minute and then i just dont have the dps for ph2

he enrages after like 50 seconds. it's not a normal 2 minute enrage like the rest of the brawlers fights. pick up orbs for the first 30 seconds then blow PI and brawlers potion.

btw previous posters, dont give tips on this fight if you havent done it or did it at level 90.
    Last edited by adezero; 2014-12-02 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    he enrages after like 50 seconds. it's not a normal 2 minute enrage like the rest of the brawlers fights. pick up orbs for the first 30 seconds then blow PI and brawlers potion.

btw previous posters, dont give tips on this fight if you havent done it or did it at level 90.
    Speaking about someone in particular?

if your gear isnt great take the mind flay glyph and the PW:S glyph that heals for 20% as well as body and soul. do your normal rotation with dots, etc. save cds until 45 seconds. after meatball hits you a few times, use PW:S on yourself and run around and pick up orbs. with the mindflay buff and body and soul you will haul ass. even when PW:S isnt up, mindflay lets you move fast enough to pick up a shitload of orbs and heal yourself up. minimize movement unless you are picking up orbs. at 45 seconds i had about 50 stacks of the buff.. popped all CDs and nuked. got a last second devouring plague off at 60 seconds and dispersioned and it took care of the last 10 percent or so.

What I did: Glyph Levitate for the extra movement as well as "Glyph of Mind Blast" + Feathers. Spam SW:P and run around getting orbs untill 30-40 pop your stuff (preferably where you can get a few casts in) and then continue to get orbs / spam MB / SW:P and SW when you can do it. Just stay the heck away from him since he hits like a truck.

Kiting him too much will get you in trouble. I did too much of that the first two attempts only to not have enough orbs.

The single most important thing to know about this fight: the more damage you do to Meatball, the more orbs will spawn. Treat it like a game of guerrilla warfare: sit still letting him hit you a few times then body and soul away to refill health; rinse and repeat.

fairly easy at 100, just collect orbs while keeping dots on him and mb on cooldown. Once you get a decent stack, just blow him up. He's a fairly good follower as well.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Meatball is fairly simple for spriests IMHO, since we do an asston of damage at <20% hp, and that's when Meatball is likely to really give you trouble if he hits enrage.

We also have decent dps on the move, meaning that you can kite him fairly easily.

Cast your dots, drop your fiend, run around casting mind blast on cooldown (if you are COP). The more you hit him, the more orbs spawn, the more dps you do.

Now Big Badda Boom - if someone got tips for me, please share. I am completely stuck on that fight. My ilevel is 637 and I can't dps the bombs down in time before the fire rain starts.

I found him easy, the Nibble snake was the hardest. It was a 1 shot for me but Nibbleh took me about 10 :@

Just take the Mind Flay glyph, feather and Surge, keep dots on him to proc Surge, MB on 5 sec cd, run around til you have plenty of orbs and when he is in SW range drop the dots and finish him off.

Big Badda Boom however... surely it's impossible as SP?

I did Big Badda Boom in 640 gear about a week ago. It's a rough fight and I killed it right as the enrage was coming. I didn't have any external buffs though besides flask/food, so I'm sure with some Highmaul gear and/or buffs you can do it fairly easily.

I ran DS, Insanity, ToF. Just single target burn first, dot up the 3 mediums, forego VT after you have like 6+ mobs and just keep up SW: P on them and burn the bigger ones down. When it's mostly small mobs just mind sear and nothing else.

Some of the later fights have harder DPS requirements. Dark summoner took me like 10 tries at that ilvl, and I stopped at battletron after one wipe and haven't been back since, but he looked like a rough DPS check too, having 2.2million health with quite a bit of movement, and the enrage being 2 mins~ you need to do about 18k DPS give or take.

I'm more geared now though so I might go finish it up.
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2014-12-04 at 10:43 AM.