Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is this a decent Garrison setup?

Let me first state that I have not started WoD yet. I start tomorrow when I get home! I am going off solely what I have read. I mainly want to make gold, and will rely on raids for gearing purposes.

Small Buildings
    Alchemy
    Enchanter
    Medium Buildings
    Trading Post
    Lumber Mill

Large Buildings
    Bunker
    Barracks

Let me first start off by saying that there is no right or wrong setup. It all depends on what your going for. What are you going for?

i dont think trading post early is a wise decision. it eats up mats. Lumber mill is the more convenient resource generator.
    for the 2. medium there are options.
    I do recommend having a Barn, as it provides buffood and lateron savage blood, which is important and expensive for crafting.
    If you do dungeons often, and like doing some daily quests in there, in order to get some kind of battle pet or toy after like a month of doing daily dungeon quests, a inn is nice. But i personally prefer my barn.

Trading post is not upgradable to lvl 3 fast, you need to have like 10 k gold looted in Draenor, which while take a while. Its not any good stuff until you are a kind of player that wants to max out all possible reputations in the game, i dont see any other use for this building.

Trading post lets you essentially trade gold for GR, so if you're set on gold, that's the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Trading post is not upgradable to lvl 3 fast, you need to have like 10 k gold looted in Draenor, which while take a while. Its not any good stuff until you are a kind of player that wants to max out all possible reputations in the game, i dont see any other use for this building.
    Storehouse is the building which requires Got My Mind On My Draenor Money. To obtain level 3 Trading post plan, you need to get Savage Friends.

Trading post is better than lumber mill, 30 resources per a work order vs 20, you hardly need lvl3 trading post. On the days that you get the turn in for crafting mats you have tons of, just make sure you stack it up before it changes to the next day in case that day has something you don't have much of. Also, later on when you can spare resources you can get mats that you need.

Barn isnt too bad though, as food/bloods.

Rest is fine, can get 665 boe epics from salvage yard (small), but I'd imagine the price on them is gonna plummet very soon (and they are rare).

Deleted
    you do not need 2 GR producing buildings imo. (sure it can help rush the large buildings but you miss out on a lot of the fun)

id say get a inn if you like toys/pets/followers/dungeon quests, or a gladiator sanctum if you like pvp. in the long run the inn dailies give gold/GR/gear/craft mats/etc

a barn is a more functional and less fun building, if you haventstarted yet, savage blood from it will be dropping in price a lot in a month orso, and besides that it's only really usefull if you have tailoring or leatheworking.

a stable early on can be nice too since the dailies give quite some garrison resources and the pikcing up stuff while mounted is usefull in the questing phase, but largeb uildings are relatively xpensive to replace.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2014-12-02 at 03:10 AM.

As said above, there is no right and wrong with garrison buildings.

But I'd say you don't need a LM and a TP (though that setup is good to quickly build up a garrison then swap buildings), as they both do the same thing (pump out GR). If all you want to do is trade GR for mats and sell/craft-and-sell them then I see the logic of the setup. Personally I'd recommend changing out the LM for a cooler building :P

The Inn is amazing for fun and utility. I can't live without Aviana's Feather anymore! If you only care about money though I suggest a Barn. At the moment Savage Blood is 3k each on my server so I'd say the barn is going to be an amazing moneymaker for at least a while. Hide ain't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    Trading post is better than lumber mill, 30 resources per a work order vs 20, you hardly need lvl3 trading post.
    Requires mats which have real value though, whereas lumber mill just requires your time. Your call which is more valuable! Personally I prefer the TP as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Storehouse is the building which requires Got My Mind On My Draenor Money. To obtain level 3 Trading post plan, you need to get Savage Friends.
    Which may take even longer! :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i dont think trading post early is a wise decision. it eats up mats.
    It's really good if you only use it on days when it requires mats you have a buttload of.

Also, get some alts to level 91 and start up their garrisons. Free extra ore from the mines at the least. Load up the TP on ore day! Especially if you have storehouses so you can stock a lot of WOs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Reading your post saying you mainly care about making gold and will rely on raiding for upgrades.

With this, the only real buildings that will gerate gold is the Salvage yard,. get it to level 3 and then just be sure you putt all your followers (Don't level one past 95 and one past 99, keep 2 in that range and the rest to 100.) and yeah Salvage yard occasionally can net you gold. Everything else is really just personal preference
    Last edited by sarym13; 2014-12-02 at 06:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by desodangwe View Post
    i dont think trading post early is a wise decision. it eats up mats.
    useless mats

trading post ist awesome

Ger tavern, pick a guy with scavenger trait and 100+ resource on a 45 min mission, who needs lumber mill?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Why shouldn't we level a follower beyond 95 and one beyond 99? I'm still new to this whole garrison/follower thing. Heck I don't even know how to gear them up.

Quote Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
    Why shouldn't we level a follower beyond 95 and one beyond 99? I'm still new to this whole garrison/follower thing. Heck I don't even know how to gear them up.
    I have like 6 followers between 615-630 ilvl and i only get missions for 615-630 so all my 100s that don't have ilvl can't get anymore XP so it will benefit you if you have a 95 and a 99 so you procc some low missions aswell, i'm gonna get that now aswell

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Deleted
    Bunker is a waste of a slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should use a salvage yard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Let me first start off by saying that there is no right or wrong setup. It all depends on what your going for. What are you going for?
    ^This. Don't get caught up in the hype that if you don't use certain buildings you are doing it wrong. Look at the perks of each. See what appeals to what you want out of them and go for it.

Some have some clear advantages over others depending on what your focus is but short of you being a cutting edge raider, They aren't going to matter TOO much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Bunker is a waste of a slot.
    Starting to agree with you there. It gives sweet f#ck all follower upgrades compared to the Salvage Yard, the transmog gear (imo) looks retarded, and the "bonus quest upgrade" perk obviously has a very limited lifespan. Once you work out how to earn Seals, why keep it?

I see zero point in having a LM and a TP at the same time. I used to have both, and the GR generation was insane overkill.

I'm only using the LM now, and I'm still gaining GR even though I'm around 750 missions completed and only have 2 buildings left to upgrade. Why would you ever need more..?

You absolutely want the salvage yard as one of your small buildings. The rest looks OK, I would only keep either TP or LM though, but that is preference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I'm only using the LM now, and I'm still gaining GR even though I'm around 750 missions completed and only have 2 buildings left to upgrade. Why would you ever need more..?
    TP is better than LM, it gives access to Sha'tari rep and later it will have an AH, the LM will do nothing besides provide 30 GR, which the TP does too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't see it mentioned already but when you get to level 3 lumber mill, you can churn out 30 GR per work order by assigning Phylarch the Evergreen to it. I have him on two characters and he's never left the building since I got him. He isn't hard to get, either.

My characters have used both a trading post and lumber mill for resource generation as I was at the point of buying/placing/upgrading garrison and buildings. I may trade one of them at a later time for another building, but if I did it'd probably be more likely to be the lumber mill. I like the idea of having a fully functioning auction house in my garrison once I gather the parts.

As far as small buildings go, enchanting building is nice whether you have the profession or not...if you like being able to DE your soulbound gear instead of selling it.

I absolutely would not pass up the salvage yard though. The big salvage crates at level 3 give so much stuff and it's completely random, so you can get follower upgrades, upgrades for yourself, BoEs to sell, transmog gear, old greens and blues, Draenor mats, etc.

I personally am not a fan of the bunker/war mill. If you really want that free extra roll token every week, I suppose it'd be worth it but I find more value in having something like the stables and not having to dismount when I'm interacting with stuff.