Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What do you expect/hope for in 6.1 flying quest/w.e blizz makes it

im hoping for a solid ass quetline with some good difficult portions and a hefty gold/maybe mats cost

I'm hoping that it actually exists.

I imagine I'll be thoroughly finished with using 6.0 world content really so wouldn't care what they did. As much as I've enjoyed no flight there's probably no reason to hold back once the content is deemed irrelevant (IF the content is deemed irrelevant to many others), but a 'solid ass' quest chain would just be a pain on alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

i honestly dont care if we get it or not, it doesn't add anything to the game

and i was one of those guys who spent the first few days of TBC farming primal fires 24/7 in nagrand to make gold for epic flight training

its just....dont care...but i wont complain if they bring flying back...and i wont complain if they never bring it back, it just doesn't do anything for me

I was always in favour of flying until now, sure maybe at the end of the expansion pack open it up. However I hope they leave it alone until then. Draenor has clearly been designed with no flying in mind no point changing that. It's funny how WoD has rekindled my enthusiasm and encouraged me to remember the old days in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nofo View Post
    im hoping for a solid ass quetline with some good difficult portions and a hefty gold/maybe mats cost
    Quest??? Gold?? Mats? No way!

I expect Blizzard to give me flying FOR FREE along with a sinsere appology for delaying flying so long...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

its probably gonna be an automatic quest that you get to go learn flying at a trainer, just like when you hit lvl 20 or 60

Reason i post this is because of a blue post earlier that stated 6.1 flying i personally dont want flying makes up some of the vanilla i soooo miss. also makes the people that didnt go through vanilla get a taste i find it more fun having to find my way around rather then o hey let me just fly directly up

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm hoping that they take the opportunity to make it so that this level of flight training allows you to take some actions whilst flying. You can see they're playing with acting from mountback in Nagrand and with the Stables, seeing how it works out, and if they're going to put flying in, I'd like to see it actually involve gameplay, not just floating above content.

Ideally I'd see either every class or every category of flying mount get some abilities, maybe 5-6, specifically for flying. If this worked out, they could bring the design forwards into the next expansion, if not, they could abandon it in WoD. It's a good opportunity. Maybe they could leave all the current flyers in as "non-combat", and start adding new "combat flyer" mounts.

I also hope that they don't even try to mess with this until the last big content patch before the next expansion (not 7.0.X, but 6.2 or 6.3). I don't think a gold sink would be very interesting. All it does is punish players who don't have the 100s of K of gold that a number do. Something more interesting, like actually learning to fly a "combat flyer" might be more like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sp2danny View Post
    I'm hoping that it actually exists.
    I hope it does not.
    Dont want flying, no need to put it back in until the expansion is over imo. Game is much much better without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Dont want flying, no need to put it back in until the expansion is over imo. Game is much much better without it.
    This 10 letters
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I'm hoping it will actually exist. Right now we know nothing other than that they will see what "feedback" tells them about the whole thing. Real smart of a company to divide the playerbase by creating hyperbole around a feature we had for 8 fucking years without a problem.

Reason i post this is because of a blue post earlier that stated 6.1 flying i personally dont want flying makes up some of the vanilla i soooo miss. also makes the people that didnt go through vanilla get a taste i find it more fun having to find my way around rather then o hey let me just fly directly up
    Good for you.

Some of us have experienced being grounded and know what it's like, be it in old or new zones...no mystery to it AT ALL. Vanilla ain't coming back and quite frankly some of us wouldn't want a taste of it even if we could.

I expect to auto-learn it as I login

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    I hope it does not.
    In your opinion. I've had it since I started, the game is much MUCH better with it for me. You can keep going by the ground/braindead flightpaths if that's your cup of tea.

I must admit I'm very intrigued by the people that somehow find exploration in going someplace even after they've been there 100 times...

^^^^^ this guy is why there doesnt need to be flying hes been spoiled

10+ Year Old Account
    Has flying been confirmed or something? I thought they were still in the deciding phase, but lately, I've seen a lot of posts suggesting otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    May I ask why? Why should getting flying again be difficult and/or cost a lot?
    I ask, because the way I look at it now, it seems very elitist behaviour on your part, knowing you have the gear and the currency to meet the requirements and can't wait to gloat others that may not....
    Apart from that I fail to think of any reason why this would be fun....

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    May I ask why? Why should getting flying again be difficult and/or cost a lot?
    I ask, because the way I look at it now, it seems very elitist behaviour on your part, knowing you have the gear and the currency to meet the requirements and can't wait to gloat others that may not....
    Apart from that I fail to think of any reason why this would be fun....
    im broke but was hoping for a mix of those things im talking like just a couple kg with mats and im def not geared i think maybe my war has 630 IL thats all, like i said i personally would rather not have flying

Deleted
    I hope Blizzard never introduces flying to Draenor and never add it in future expansion packs either. It doesn't add anything good to the game.

At the end of the Legendary questline, you will get flying.

You have to defeat the last boss of the expansion 37 times on Mythic mode and nobody is allowed to die in any of the 37 attemps. But you only get to try it 36 times. Then you get flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass