Heroic Gug'rokk, All Melee Group

This fight was hard. REALLY hard. I've never wiped on a fight more than trying to down this guy with an all Melee group. Does anyone have a strategy for this type of setup to make it easier?

Here were the problems as I saw it:

-The constant movement and having to step away from the boss made melee DPS drop, so the boss wasn't dying as fast as he needed to. (watching this fight from numerous groups on YouTube seems to confirm that this fight is not friendly to melee dps)

-Killing the slags became problematic, since the floor increasingly filled with fire, and melee would be forced to chase the elemental through flames while suffering from flame buffet. This was a huge drain on healer mana, as they either had to heal through heavy damage many times, or spend a significant amount of time dispelling.

-Often abilities would come in patches that made it difficult for us. For instance, we would get flame buffet, followed by magma eruption, and then he would begin to cast Molten Blast before the tank had a chance to pull him out of the fire. It was difficult to move in and counter without taking near lethal damage, something the healer couldn't deal with while trying to keep the tank up.

Is this just one of those fights where this is going to be an issue? Other fights have been HARD with this setup (Rolltall wasn't easy, honestly, because melee have less time than ranged to move out of the boulder area, but we still one shot it), but this one we didn't drop until we threw out a melee guildie and brought in a ranged DPS. That was an option yesterday. My concern is the times when you're stuck with all melee in a PUG group.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can CC the slags. Also death grip works. I usually volunteer as the only DPS to switch to it as an UH DK at 635 iLvl, and I get it down easily in like 10 seconds, while it's slowed and whatnot. If I do have to run over fire briefly, AMS wins.

I've done him with all melee DPS before, and while its not pretty, its certainly possible.
    Fire spots on the ground only spawn where players stand, so making sure that the healer doesn't put it in the way of the DPS chasing the slags and the tank having a decent path to move the boss so old fire spots are no longer in the way help.

All melee is always a bit challenging, but I've yet to find an encounter that was impossible from that.

Deleted
    In CM it is bad, in heroic it should be NP.

you dont have to move out of melee range when the lavapools spawn you can sidestep with the boss..

In heroic you can even ignore the adds if your DPS and Heal is decent.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Maybe we'll make a couple of guild runs purposefully with all melee until we conquer this consistently. Our guild has had a LONG down time from running and raiding, it wouldn't hurt us to practice some tough coordination before we hit Highmaul.