BSOD on Monitor Swap?

So last few months I've been getting BSOD's roughly every 4th-5th time I transfer monitors. I have my usual monitors (a Dual Link DVI and a normal DVI) and my TV (HDMI) hooked up at all times and just disconnect the DVI and extend to HDMI whenever I'm watching a movie.

Also randomly BSOD's when doing things in the browser. Yet to have a single BSOD during any game.

I ran a system file checker a bit ago but looks like I've lost the text file, I'll run another today if it's needed, and post it here.

In terms of the BSOD itself it's a System Service Exception affecting win32.sys.

Hoping I don't have to fresh install but it's an option if it's absolutely needed.

Thanks!

It's possible the act of unplugging/replugging may have shifted the video card in its slot. Try reseating it in the motherboard. Just a thought.

For the BSOD, the stop code is valuable info.
    The

0x00000____ (buncha numbers/letters thing)
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I don't actually unplug the cables. I meant "disconnect" as in under Display --> Screen Resolution. Select one monitor to disconnect and extend to the other monitor instead.

Stop code is: 0x0000003B (0x00000000C0000005, 0xFFFF960002610F5

There were some others but I apparently didn't manage to capture the entire screen in the shitty picture I took with my camera. I'll write them down/get a better picture if it crashes again.

Edit: And yes, I've tried reseating my video card and ram, first thing I did to try and combat it. :/

What was the faulting module on the 0x03B BSOD? Was it still the win32.sys or something else?

I assume you've already tried driver sweeper to uninstall the existing video driver and installing the latest?

MSDN info on 0x03B

"This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code."
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Yep, it seemed to have started happening after grabbing a beta ATI driver, so I driver swept that and got the stable release, so likely it was just a coincidence.

Got an image of the bsod this time. Hopefully it caught all the info needed, my main monitor actually went kind of hazy this time for some reason (which you can notice a bit at the left of the image).

Hi there.

I had the exact same issue. Changing my video card from a 670 to a 970 didn't make a difference either.

After months of trying to debug the issue I just reinstalled the OS and the problem went away. Therefore I'm positive it's a software configuration issue somewhere in the registry.

I was also getting the same BSOD when alt-tabbing or closing fullscreen (not windowed) games.

Great, thanks for the info.

I knew I had to eventually reinstall the OS anyways (it's been a LONG time since I've fresh installed) since it's overdue just kind of wanted to put it off as long as possible. Something to do after raid on Thursday I guess. >_>