After 5 years of not playing

I just received my account from vanilla. Looked at the payment history, and guess what lol! Someone has been paying for that account since 2009. I'm guessing it was one of my parents credit card. I can't believe, no one noticed. 14.99X60 (5years in months) = $900. That's really unbelievable. Thought I'd share!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. Was someone playing on the account actively with nobody noticing? Or did you just leave the sub running for 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmox View Post
    I don't get it. Was someone playing on the account actively with nobody noticing? Or did you just leave the sub running for 5 years?
    If I understand it correctly, he stopped playing, but did not cancel the account. So it kept charging to his parent's credit card. Kinda sux for his parents...

good job
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttermaker View Post
    I just received my account from vanilla. Looked at the payment history, and guess what lol! Someone has been paying for that account since 2009. I'm guessing it was one of my parents credit card. I can't believe, no one noticed. 14.99X60 (5years in months) = $900. That's really unbelievable. Thought I'd share!
    I didn't think they made credit cards with expiries past 3 years. You sure you didn't have it hooked into your paypal or something?

Well, whenever you had to merge your account with a Bnet account. I stopped playing. I was very young back then, and had no idea about the Bnet merger. I just thought someone hacked my account since I couldn't log in. After about 3months or so of not playing, i made a brand new account instead of trying to recover the one, i stopped playing on. So basically, the account i stopped playing on, has been on a subscription since 2009, with no one playing on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats pretty funny, i had the same thing happen to me. Granted I just forgot I was paying for that account through another bank account of mine. But it was so fun to log onto that character for the first time in 7 years and see BWL/AQ40/Naxx40 gear on it and all the random shit from back then. Made me smile
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I didn't think they made credit cards with expiries past 3 years. You sure you didn't have it hooked into your paypal or something?
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I was about 13 or 14, and i would ask one of my parents for their card to renew my sub. I never made a paypal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aviditas View Post
    Thats pretty funny, i had the same thing happen to me. Granted I just forgot I was paying for that account through another bank account of mine. But it was so fun to log onto that character for the first time in 7 years and see BWL/AQ40/Naxx40 gear on it and all the random shit from back then. Made me smile
    Yeah, it was amazing to log on all my characters yesterday. Seeing all the cool items that were long removed. Not worth 900 bucks though haha

- - - Updated - - -

Atm, I'm on line for Blizzard Live Chat to see what i can do about this. Hopefully, i can get some time granted on my account for all the inactivity. Also, i really want to know who the owner of the card is.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Some of the credit card companies have an auto updater so that your subscriptions and automatic payments from a credit card don't lapse when they re-issue a new card due to an older one expiring. This is a relatively new(ish) practice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    If I understand it correctly, he stopped playing, but did not cancel the account. So it kept charging to his parent's credit card. Kinda sux for his parents...
    My Xbox live account was like that for years lol.

OT: Grats? lol. Laid out like that, WoW doesn't seem as expensive as people make it sound though. $900 over 5 years is nothing.

$900 over 5 years is nothing if you're actually playing the account. Not if the account is sitting in the dust. I wouldn't feel bad if it was my money, but since its my parents, I'm trying to see what i can do to get back some time.

I shouldn't say nothing. $900 can do a lot of things.
    Last edited by Nuttermaker; 2014-12-02 at 08:02 PM.