Unstable Magic breaking CC

When I first saw this happen I was in disbelief, so I didn't mark it down as being true. But after having it happen repeatedly, I'm certain now that Unstable Magic is breaking CC. If I'm in a group that wants CC but the tank doesn't pull the mobs far enough away, I have to just not attack at all if we want that CC to stick. Having a passive ability you have no control over (other than not picking it) break CC seems like an awful design choice in my eyes. Has this been happening for anyone else? Because I'd love to learn that this actually isn't the case.
    I could've sworn they changed Living Bomb to not break CC, but maybe I'm crazy. Haven't tried the new bombs yet, but if they don't break CC, I'll probably change to them (especially since they seem to be better DPS anyways). I feel like they keep introducing abilities to Mages that we don't have direct control over and can end up messing us up or cheating us out of damage (Mirror Image, Frozen Orb). I think Unstable Magic breaking CC is the most egregious so far, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're close enough for unstable magic to break CC then your tank is just stupid about positioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    Well, it is an AOE.
    AoE's break cc. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post
    Well, it is an AOE.
    AoE's break cc. :S
    It's not like I'm throwing down a blizzard on their heads, though. It's a proc that happens on single targets casts. As I said, I have no control over it unless I stop attacking or simply don't pick that talent. Which seems like a poor design choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    If they're close enough for unstable magic to break CC then your tank is just stupid about positioning.
    Well, I can't argue with that. It doesn't happen too often to be honest, but I feel like it should never be happening. Like even when I'm soloing, if there's two mobs next to each other I usually sheep one so I only have to fight one at a time. But if my first cast to aggro the unsheeped guy happens to get an Unstable Magic proc, there goes my CC.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    But if my first cast to aggro the unsheeped guy happens to get an Unstable Magic proc, there goes my CC.
    Pull with CS or Lance. Or spec either of the other two talents.