Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Assasin's Creed 5: Victory

http://kotaku.com/next-years-big-ass...ond-1665343788

Thoughts?

And yes, Ubisoft is now the Activision of the third person action-adventure game industry, spooling out the same recycled crap every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    And yes, Ubisoft is now the Activision of the third person action-adventure game industry, spooling out the same recycled crap every year.
    Now? They've been doing that with AC for a number of years now : P

Deleted
    Mhmm... i'm wondering how much graphics 'll improve... had to spent 1200€ so that AC unity could run normally with maxed settings

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had chance to play the first assassins creed yet, i really don't know why people like them. It takes all my will power just to play assassins creed 1 for more than 30minutes at a time :S

Quote Originally Posted by ripperslo View Post
    Mhmm... i'm wondering how much graphics 'll improve... had to spent 1200€ so that AC unity could run normally with maxed settings
    I legitimately feel sorry for you; "AC: Unity, a next-gen game for Xbone which looks exactly the same as AC3 on the 360, just 5 times more expensive!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Haven't had chance to play the first assassins creed yet, i really don't know why people like them. It takes all my will power just to play assassins creed 1 for more than 30minutes at a time :S
    Same here. Same how I feel about CoD too. Wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting timing going on here, revealing a new AC game called victory just after the launch of what can be considered a major failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even played the first one. One it doesn't like alt tabbing.

Two: It's very restrictive in terms of linerity.

Three: If TB's machine can have loads of issues on Unity..HOW THE FEL CAN MY WEAK ASS MACHINE DO IT.

Look I don't mind yearly releases too much but actually improving it needs to be done. Sadly Ubisoft is ....foolish in this regard.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They're milking the cow to death.

Thoughts?

As long as people buy it, they will continue to make them every year. Blame your fellow gamers for sub par games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Assassin's Creed is a game I wanted to be good so bad. I didn't like the first one, but I bought the second on hope alone. That wasn't that good either so I bought the third installment on the remaining hope I had left. Disappointed. Won't give Ubi another cent.

I love assassins, I played Splinter cell games and old Thief.
    I love historical fiction.

This game series though, just sucks.

Thoughts?

It's being made by Ubisoft Quebec. They haven't been doing jack diddly squat in a long while so it's safe to assume the game has been in the works for 4 years or more.

AC has been a yearly release ever since 2. Not sure what rock you have been under but AC1->AC2 was the only gap in games longer then a year.

Then a few posts down I see you claim ACU looks like AC3. Kay, credibility out the window. ACU is the best looking next gen game out there period. By far not the best running but the BEST LOOKING. It will maintain that title until Witcher 3 comes to claim it's crown in feb.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Assassin's Creed is a game I wanted to be good so bad. I didn't like the first one, but I bought the second on hope alone. That wasn't that good either so I bought the third installment on the remaining hope I had left. Disappointed. Won't give Ubi another cent.

I love assassins, I played Splinter cell games and old Thief.
    I love historical fiction.

This game series though, just sucks.
    Ugh, you're the problem not ubisoft. You buy game after game in a genre you probably don't even like. You buying the game tells the company it's popular.

Should've rented it for a few bucks, or you could've played a demo or something.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Ugh, you're the problem not ubisoft. You buy game after game in a genre you probably don't even like. You buying the game tells the company it's popular.

Should've rented it for a few bucks, or you could've played a demo or something.
    I bought the first three and never bought another. There are like 20 Assassin's Creed titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's being made by Ubisoft Quebec. They haven't been doing jack diddly squat in a long while so it's safe to assume the game has been in the works for 4 years or more.

AC has been a yearly release ever since 2. Not sure what rock you have been under but AC1->AC2 was the only gap in games longer then a year.

Then a few posts down I see you claim ACU looks like AC3. Kay, credibility out the window. ACU is the best looking next gen game out there period. By far not the best running but the BEST LOOKING. It will maintain that title until Witcher 3 comes to claim it's crown in feb.
    I agree with this. The game looks really good. Perhaps the OP is playing it on PC with graphics turned way down?

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with Unity is how it's a technological failure(Optimization) sure people qq about the combat but I like the fluid action. If we can dodge all the guards attacks and such. Make the AI compensated for that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm REALLY excited over this. This is such a great timeline, the game looks AMAZING in that screenshot

*places top hat on top of his hood*

Pursuers: "Where's he gone?! He must've gotten away."

*adjusts monocle*

Actually on topic, I really like the idea of it being set in that time period in London, I just hope it's not a broken mess.

This game will need to give some promises to the fans. Unity pretty much screwed them for future day 1 sales.

I will keep an open mind toward this game, but Ubi could at least give a longer separation between titles to better polish the game's performance and story.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Ubi could at least give a longer separation between titles to better polish the game's performance and story.
    Unity- Lead by Ubisoft Montreal
    Victory- Lead by Ubisoft Quebec

You are making it sound as if development started when Unity's ended. That is false, it has been in development for years.

I dunno why they haven't wrapped up this franchise.

AC1 was okay, repetitive, but okay.

AC2 was spectacular, I loved it to death. Brotherhood only increased the awesome. And Revelations was for me, the pinnacle of AC greatness....... just before the downfall.

AC3 was a snoozefest. Sure the graphics were pretty, the combat animations were a joy to behold, but the protagonist was terrible, the plot was boring as hell, the ending was horrible, the acting was wooden, and it just felt very unsatisfying. The sidemissions were boring too, and pointless. The spectacular apprentice system introduced in brotherhood and perfected in Revelations took several steps backward, and a lot more other bad stuff. Its one small fun aspect was the naval section, but with little variety, that too became tedious once the novelty wore off.

Honestly, the only thing I enjoyed out of this game was Haytham. HE should had been the protagonist. I had to fight hard no to swoon every time he was on screen. And he pulled the holy mother of all the plot twists in the first arc. Left me completely speechless and still for a good 10 minutes. Too bad you then start to control his unbelievably annoying son.

AC Black Flag was........ I don't even know what that was. IF they wanted to make a pirate's game, they should had made a pirate game, not try to shoehorn the assassin vs templar angle into it. It felt disjointed and forced. I loved all the sea elements, controling the ship, upgrading it, assaulting forts, robbing ships, all the pirate-like elements were amazing. But then all the AC shoehorned stuff broke the pace, and made it confusing or boring. The protagonist in the present was even worse than Desmond, which I must admit, is quite impressive.

Haven't tried Unity, but given all the bad stuff I've heard about it, I'm not very inclined to do it.

I'd feel more tempted to go back to the AC franchise if they started introducing some novelty into it. Let us have a female protagonist (Yes technically speaking, Liberation had one, but that game had its own share of problems) let us have some more interesting historical settings like feudal japan, or better yet: Ancient Egypt. Or the Roman Empire.

Frankly, Industrial france, colonial US, Victorian London, they all feel the same.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)