Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The new norm is that if you set a date for something in an online video game you are slapping a script kiddie target on your back.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Actually my subscription runs out on the 23rd and I'm done. So.
    And yet you still frequent here to insult the game? You're just so sick of it that you can't let it go. You are going to play right up until your sub runs out because then maybe you can find more to whine about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    I like how my server isn't even showing up in the list, haha. I'm just anxious because I want to try the world bosses!
    You wont be able to. There was a million people and the lag was so bad. I queued my entire spellbook and only got two off before it died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Not that they want to, but don't mind doing it. If this was a brand new company trying to make a name for itself they would always err on the side of preserving the experience for their experience. Blizzard attempts to save money at every turn, at the expense of THESE ISSUES of massive downtime and entire days of being locked out of gameplay. And for some reason people who pay to play this game willfully accept this

Got something of value to say?

And who are you? Nobody. Except a simpleton defending a games right to disappoint
    I mean, your conspiracy theories have as much value as my comment sooooooo.......

So uhmm this just happened

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Plot-twist: these attacks also show up even when the servers are working fine.

Pointing at a map with random blips and blings that normally also blip and bling isn't evidence of anything.
    It always shows minor attacks going off because guess what they are. There are clearly massive attacks going on and my in game experience tied exactly to how they were happening so...

Sargeras went down when the world boss that looks like a genesaur was at 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Xeen View Post
    It always shows minor attacks going off because guess what they are. There are clearly massive attacks going on and my in game experience tied exactly to how they were happening so...
    Correlation != causation.

Those are honeypots.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    So uhmm this just happened
    Looks more like Ferguson is being DDoS'd again.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Oh but it couldn't possibly be ddos attacks, and if I cant blame blizzard then you must be a fanboy, even though this follows the pattern of ddos attacks, you know, authentication problems, people in game getting locked up but can still chat in guild chat, setting a date for an important event day which brings the script kiddies running..... couldn't possibly be ddos attacks because I am too busy trying to blame blizzard cause I am addicted to hatin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post

Those are honeypots.
    I don't know 100% it is DDOS attacks nor does anyone crying about blizzard incompetence know it isn't.

They do correlate so it is my hunch that is the problem instead of rushing on the hate train band wagon.

Jesus christ, people with this Norse shit. Stop listening to jackass streamers and feeding into the hype.
    Last edited by Prag; 2014-12-03 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post

Those are honeypots.
    Agreed on this point. DDOS is just sending a ton of packets of data to a centralized point. So when millions of players are trying to log in at the same time what does it look like? O_o.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Not that they want to, but don't mind doing it. If this was a brand new company trying to make a name for itself they would always err on the side of preserving the experience for their experience. Blizzard attempts to save money at every turn, at the expense of THESE ISSUES of massive downtime and entire days of being locked out of gameplay. And for some reason people who pay to play this game willfully accept this
    Some of us don't mind if we can't play for a day or two, because WoW isn't the most important thing in our lives and because other than these few days of not being able to play we get months of playtime without issues.
    And also because some of us have outgrown the "I want everything now!" mentality and understand that problems can arise in every work environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    New raid implemented? I just assume that's a lost day.
    it was implemented over a month ago, they just were going to remove the door for it today

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    Obviously, the authentication servers are a completely different issue. Truth is, Blizzard is pretty closed-door about their systems and it's probably way over both of our heads, anyway.
    I doubt it.

If you seen the LFG documentary. I recommend it, simply because you invest so much time into the game. It gives some insights. One of them being, Blizzard is shortsighted. The AQ Gates is a prime example of them. Sure, Vanilla, 10 years ago, blah blah blah. Gyrocopters in MoP would like a word. Khadgar would like a word.

You can see over the years, how they started trying to break up the "pound" on the servers. That they learned from the TBC launch like separate starting zones.

So you can guarantee that Blizzard knows what's going to happen; when they have a 12 hour down time and they bring the servers up. So more than likely, something broke when they changed the code.

People can wear a tin foil hats, about Blizzard not being prepared and shit. It's just not really the case. They don't have real stress tests during beta, because it's still going to break. So why fix something if it's going to break again, almost guaranteed? So wait till it happens and fix it once.

Sometimes, though, you still can't fix it even if you try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Some of us don't mind if we can't play for a day or two, because WoW isn't the most important thing in our lives and because other than these few days of not being able to play we get months of playtime without issues.
    And also because some of us have outgrown the "I want everything now!" mentality and understand that problems can arise in every work environment.
    some of us do mind, like you do mind when people talk about your precious blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Xeen View Post
    I don't know 100% it is DDOS attacks nor does anyone crying about blizzard incompetence know it isn't.

They do correlate so it is my hunch that is the problem instead of rushing on the hate train band wagon.
    Except they don't, because the attacks that have been landing in Saint Louis have been going on in much higher volume for several days, where servers were perfectly stable.

The only "DDoS" happening isn't a DDoS at all - it's just more people logging in than Blizzard's hardware can handle. It really is that simple.

Deleted
    I think it's fine US gets a dose of blizzard. Was like that on EU the first 7-8 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    What a bunch of melodramatic children.

It's authentication issues not DDOS. Try reading their updates instead of whining because your simple brain needs instant gratification.
    I'm past authentication and still having problems, so your analysis seems demonstrably wrong, or at least 15 minutes out of date. I've been logged into battle.net, and logged into wow, I just can't retrieve a character list on high-pop realms, and can't log into characters on low-pop realms (it gets to 90% and freezes for several minutes before returning to the character list, sometimes saying "World Server down").