Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by InkarnateKT View Post
    Transition phase adds could definitely use a health tune. We didn't finish the second transition adds by the time the boss came back up. With 643 avg ilvl. Heres the log (10min+ fight) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yTnQg3kv2j6hRG8N#

Tectus we one shot with a bunch of people dead to mechanics, wasnt too hard on normal: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...hRG8N#fight=14
    Your dps is like 10k more the most of us. >.> 26k huh?
    As those mechanics really make keeping up at the end tough and we hit the enrage. Not to mention our ilvls are 13 lower then yours
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2014-12-03 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Your dps is like 10k more the most of us. >.> 26k huh?
    As those mechanics really make keeping up at the end tough and we hit the enrage. Not to mention our ilvls are 13 lower then yours
    Ya we are a semi serious mythic guild who have been farming itemlevel pretty heavily until now. Don't expect for more casual guilds to clear Normal mode first week, even though it was compared to flex. It will be progression. These difficulties don't line up completely, its an entirely new system.

In my mind casual guilds should just disregard Mythic. Pretend they just removed flex, and Normal and Heroic are the same as SoO, which is what it feels like with current ilvls - they just added Mythic above those two for super hardcore raiders.

Loved this fight, it's so chaotically fun.

My suggestion - Once you spawn two - focus one down and then lust to deal with the first set of 4 (this will be the only time you have 5 mobs up). Once you have dealt with the first set of 4, focus the other guy and just take it slow. Much less chaotic at that point.

Have your ranged move left when the mountain shit spawns
    Have individual players run left when the get the red fire shit

Sorry, can't remember the ability names at this moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    You wiped ten times and you expect to kill him?

I havent raided since TBC but are people epxecting a kill after that few amount of tries nowadays?
    The game is VERY VERY Different now from TBC, People are expecting it to be easy in this normal (old flex) mode, it's the 2nd lowest level of raiding, since it now goes LFR (free loot) Normal (next to free loot) Heroic (Normal difficulty) Mythic (Hardmodes) If Normal bosses are giving some groups this much trouble, can't imagine what heroic does to people's egos...
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Quote Originally Posted by InkarnateKT View Post
    Ya we are a semi serious mythic guild who have been farming itemlevel pretty heavily until now. Don't expect for more casual guilds to clear Normal mode first week, even though it was compared to flex. It will be progression. These difficulties don't line up completely, its an entirely new system.

In my mind casual guilds should just disregard Mythic. Pretend they just removed flex, and Normal and Heroic are the same as SoO, which is what it feels like with current ilvls - they just added Mythic above those two for super hardcore raiders.
    And what exactly do you find wrong with doing mythic? We plan on it. Like it or not. FYI we cleared flex.nm siege in less then 2 hours. We've gotten down most of throne when it was current as well as t 14. Sure we've never done the hardest difficult available be we play the game alot more seriously than an lfr hero. Lfr is a joke
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2014-12-03 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    And what exactly do you find wrong with doing mythic? We plan on it. Like it or not. FYI we cleared flex.nm siege in less then 2 hours. We've gotten down most of throne when it was current as well as t 14. Sure we've never done the hardest difficult available be we play the game alot more seriously than an lfr hero. Lfr is a joke
    Nothings wrong with it, just saying that guilds should progress Normal->Heroic->Mythic in my opinion.

Tectus is the camera boss. Man I don't even KNOW what to do with my camera on that damn fight. I just birds-eyed it, and the fight itself we rolled over, but... ugh, camera issues galore. Very unpleasant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Have u tried Brackenspore? It was the hardest of the first 4 on the beta
    My guild went at Tec for nearly an hour before deciding to just go do Brackenspore. I'd say Brackenspore is harder and to top it off it's around a 10min+ long fight. Tec is all mechanics. Our guild will be going back at Tec on Thursday and I suspect we'll kill it within a couple of attempts.

Slightly off-topic question: What boss did you guys have the most fun on? For us killing Brackenspore was the most rewarding, but I gotta say Kargath was the most fun despite how easy he was.
    Last edited by Kezyah; 2014-12-03 at 06:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Deleted

I havent raided since TBC but are people epxecting a kill after that few amount of tries nowadays?
    Yeah I know, it's ridiculous. I for one would love it if they kept raids out of beta and have a small group test it only and let us mortals wipe our way to success. I would LOVE the tears of the highend guilds as they cry when they cant kill bosses on release day.

3-shot with a mix of alts/mains/socials. I'd say it's mostly about getting used to the mechanics and every single person knowing what to do with the debuff, but the end part is really chaotic and I can understand that a lot of guilds will hit a wall here.

He feels like Horridon all over again.

We oneshot Kargath, twoshot Butcher and Bracken, then we wipe like 20 times to this fucker, and this is a heroic/few mythic team we're talking about. WE HIT ENRAGE. WE FUCKING HIT ENRAGE ON NORMAL.

He's definitely overtuned when an organized Heroic/Mythic group is having trouble with Normal (old Flex)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    He feels like Horridon all over again.

We oneshot Kargath, twoshot Butcher and Bracken, then we wipe like 20 times to this fucker, and this is a heroic/few mythic team we're talking about. WE HIT ENRAGE. WE FUCKING HIT ENRAGE ON NORMAL.

He's definitely overtuned when an organized Heroic/Mythic group is having trouble with Normal (old Flex)
    He's not really overtuned at all. Don't stand in shit, punch him till he dies. I'm guessing when you were hitting enrage you had a lot of people dead from failing at #1. We wiped once because we had a bad plan for dealing with purple smoke, then easily killed it on our second pull.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    He's not really overtuned at all. Don't stand in shit, punch him till he dies. I'm guessing when you were hitting enrage you had a lot of people dead from failing at #1. We wiped once because we had a bad plan for dealing with purple smoke, then easily killed it on our second pull.
    We did, but on our actual kill, we had 19/20 alive and we hit enrage AS he died.

Regardless, damage he deals and the amount of damage he needs to take is waaaaaaay overtuned for NORMAL is what I'm saying. Kargath hit like a wet noodle. Tectus was destroying.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Right so we're progressing on him now. When the main boss shatters into 2 shards, shouldn't those shards have less health than the previous big boss? The big boss has 15 mil, the shards have 16...

My guild killed him last night (I was away due to server issues). They said he wasn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Norelov View Post
    Yeah I know, it's ridiculous. I for one would love it if they kept raids out of beta and have a small group test it only and let us mortals wipe our way to success. I would LOVE the tears of the highend guilds as they cry when they cant kill bosses on release day.
    those tears wouldn't have been shed from high end guilds. They would adapt like they always do to down bosses. I know you don't like gearing that, as you probably have some weird issue in your mind about high-end guilds, but it's the truth. It would be the casuals shedding tears because now they don't have dbm telling "move away little girl" every time something bad happens and they keep wiping

Deleted
    Normal mode isn't supposed to 3shot people from standing in the red clouds. At his current state, Normal Tectus is harder than anything in Mythic SoO was, including Garrosh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cleared it today with our 636 geared raid on heroic without too many issues.

Its normal. People aren't prepared to wipe 300 times on normal. If they were, they would be doing mythic instead.

Deleted
    Was there a stealth nerf? We killed him (normal) at 8.29, and I thought the enrage was 8 minutes?