Subtlety As a Solo Spec

I have been using Combat for a very long time and while I do love it with the mass amount of AoE I can do, I am wondering lately how effective subtlety is as a solo spec. By that I don't mean dungeons that has a tank to keep the bosses back to me, but me out on my own in the world doing my own thing. Any insight would be appreciated. If I wanted to use daggers is assassination easier / more effective?

Your main cp builder is not usable unless you stun your target so there's that... It works fine with just hemo and BS during stun but you wont be as effective as combat/Mut

It's actually fairly good. Most mobs you can stun.
    If you go with a spec that has a good uptime and does not have to be the most viable for dungeons/pvp you should take the 5cp talent and get glyph of bla bla momentum that resets your buffs.
    I'm using this while leveling and it's basically badass.. After mage (max 99.. got bored) I went with Ret.. nice fast kills.. but my rogue.. oh oh my rogue.. everything dies in 2 seconds! The only downside is.. when unlucky with Crits, and a big HP pool Rare... well then i'm actually spamming a weak attack..
    Rest of the time.. sh*t just dies.. it's a very good spec and it's rock solid in raids. While combat will be the lesser spec in raiding or pvp.

Deleted
    It mostly depends on what do you mean by soloing. Doing some quests? Then it's ok since every quest mob dies to Ambush or Ambush+Evis. If it's soloing BC content like going to BT for the Warglaives, it's also good since you just run around doig FoK + CT.
    But if you plan on doing something more difficult like Lich King 25HM, in general killing bosses that don't die in 2-3 hits, then I'd definatelly go with Combat. Otherwise the positional requirements of Subtlety will make the experience a bit painful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles83 View Post
    While combat will be the lesser spec in raiding or pvp.
    Combat is by no means lesser spec for raiding, so far it's dominating 5 out of 7 boss fights in Highmaul.

Deleted
    Yeah the opening burst is very nice for single mobs, and hemo works decently as CP builder if needed.
    Bring a tank follower as body guard and you can backstab away all you like.. shame you cant ToT on them though.
    With a bodyguard you can also actually use Vanish on elites and stuff to go ham with Find Weakness, as the followers arent affected by vanish (on good and bad)

I leveled from 90-100 as subt, and am continuing to use for solo. Take Subterfuge, Cloak and Dagger, Internal Bleeding, MfD, glyph of Hemo and Sprint, Burst of Speed with Ambush glyph also solid. Keep SnD rolling, and Ambush the crap out of everything, using Dance and Evasion vs multiple target pulls, minibosses and vignettes, Kidney Shot also works as out of stealth opener since it triggers SV immediately and the DoT does a crap ton of dmg. Quite fun imo.