Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dark Simulacrum PvE Applications (WoD 6.1)

Wanted to compile a list, as someone suggested in the other Dark Sim thread (I've already learned a few new ones from reading through there). Post what you steal, and I'll add it here! Also let me know if any names are wrong -- going by memory for some of this.

-- Raids --

Blackrock Foundry

Iron Flame Binder
    • Lavaburst - Trash mobs in the area near the entrance. Moderate damage.

Highmaul

Bladespire Sorcerer
    • Molten Bomb - These are the ogres before Kargath. Seems like someone needs to get hit by the spell before you actually get it.

Night-Twisted Shadowsworn
    • Chaos Blast - Applies a damage-over-time effect.

Gorian Runemaster
    • Rune of Unmaking - Fairly low damage.

Oro
    • Radiating Poison - This is one of the enemies you have to kill to spawn Tectus. The debuff does moderate damage, but does not show up as one of your damage sources in the combat log.

-- Dungeons --

Auchindoun (You should glyph Dark Simulacrum here)

Sargerei Cleric
    • Void Shell - Not much good reason to let this cast, but possibly a useful defensive for your party.

Sargerei Arbiter
    • Arbiter's Hammer - Not recommended to let this cast, as it stuns your tank.

Sargerei Defender
    • Avenger's Shield - Not really worth stealing when fighting a Magus or Soulpriest at the same time.

Sargerei Magus
    • Arcane Bolt - This is the nuke spammed by the Magus when they are not casting Arcane Bomb. It does a decent amount of damage, but you should instead go for the Soulpriests.

Sargerei Soulpriest
    • Shadow Word: Pain - This does a LOT of damage. It's the only stealable spell they cast, with a 8-10 second cooldown.

Soulbinder Nyami
    • Mind Spike - Avoid stealing this, does much less damage than Shadow Word: Pain.
    • Shadow Word: Pain - Put DS on her while she is casting the first Mind Spike, and then interrupt it. You will get SW:P shortly thereafter. This does a LOT of damage, and you can steal it 3+ times if you have the glyph.

Cackling Pyromaniac
    • Felblast - This does a LOT of damage, but it is dangerous to let it cast because it can instant kill your party members.

Durag the Dominator
    • Shadow Bolt - Does a decent amount of damage. You should steal this because letting his imp cast Felblast is scary.

Zipteq
    • Felblast - This is the imp controlled by Durag. Again, does a lot of damage, but dangerous to let it cast.

Gul'kosh
    • Shadow Bolt - Does a decent amount of damage.
    • Unstable Affliction - This didn't seem to do too much damage, but maybe the best option.
    • Drain Life - Fairly low damage (and channelled).

Grom'tash the Destructor
    • Incinerate - This actually does quite a bit of damage, but the Immolate does twice as much.
    • Immolate - Does a lot of damage, he usually takes a while to cast it the first time, so you might only get one.

Teron'gor
    • Shadow Bolt - Decent damage.
    • Corruption - Probably the best steal during phase 1, usually seems to cast this after the second Shadow Bolt.
    • Drain Life - Low damage and channelled.

Teron'gor (Affliction)
    • Shadow Bolt - Decent damage, probably better to steal Agony if possible.

Teron'gor (Destruction)
    • Chaos Bolt - Yes it does a lot of damage, but probably better to steal Immolate and not let your group members die.
    • Immolate - Does a lot of damage.
    • Incinerate - Does decent damage.

Teron'gor (Demonology)
    • Doom - Does a LOT of damage.

Bloodmaul Slag Mines

Bloodmaul Ogre Mage
    • Lava Burst - Does decent damage.

Magma Lord
    • Fireball - This is the miniboss in the fire gauntlet. Does decent damage.

Calamity
    • Scorch - This is the fire elemental summoned by Forgemaster Gog'duh. Fairly high damage for a single nuke.

Bloodmaul Flamespeaker
    • Channel Flames - These are the casters before the final boss. You might need to stand in the fire for a tick in order to get the steal. Does a LOT of damage.

Gug'rokk
    • Molten Blast - Does a lot of damage and applies the buff to yourself. If you get 3 stacks, a barrage fires off. Make sure you have a dispel so the boss does not get 3 stacks of his own.

Grimrail Depot

Iron Docks

Ahro'ok Dugru
    • Blood Bolt - This is the female Orc caster in the Grimrail Enforcers encounter. Does moderate damage.

Shadowmoon Burial Grounds

Shadowmoon Bone-Mender
    • Shadow Bolt - Does good damage.
    • Shadow Word: Frailty - Instant cast DoT that does a LOT of damage. Probably best chance to get it after interrupting a Shadow Bolt.

Shadowmoon Enslaver
    • Rending Voidlash - Does a LOT of damage, but requires you to channel it.

Shadowmoon Exhumer
    • Void Bolt - Does good damage.

Monstrous Corpse Spider
    • Death Venom - Does a LOT of damage, but dangerous to let cast on party members.

Plagued Bat
    • Plague Spit - Does moderate damage, probably safer to steal than the spiders' casts.

Skyreach

Adept of the Dawn
    • Flash Heal - Not really worth stealing.

High Sage Viryx
    • Solar Burst - Does good damage.

The Everbloom (You should glyph Dark Simulacrum here)

Everbloom Tender
    • Enraged Growth - Cast this on yourself for a significant damage boost. Can alternatively be channelled on allies (or enemies) and stacks with itself if you have more than one DK. Rogues, for example, get a huge benefit from the attack speed.
    • Dancing Thorns - Does decent damage.

Earthshaper Telu
    • Bramble Patch - Does a LOT of damage, although it does not show up as one of your damage sources in the combat log.

Putrid Pyromancer
    • Dragon's Breath - Usually want to interrupt this if it's aimed at party members, but it's even more effective as an additional crowd control tool if you AMS or dodge it. It ticks for high damage as long as you channel it (don't try turning or it will cancel), but only seems to tick on mobs that are not already disoriented by its effect. For this reason, it does a LOT of damage to bosses (yes, you can and should use it on more than one boss).

Upper Blackrock Spire

Black Iron Dreadweaver
    • Shadow Bolt Volley - Reportedly cannot be stolen in Challenge Mode.
    • Shadow Bolt - Does a lot of damage, safer to grab this.

Black Iron Summoner
    • Fireball - Does a lot of damage. Supposedly their summoning spell can also be stolen, but creates an enemy even when you use it.
    • Frost Nova - Does a large amount of AoE damage. Looks to be better than Fireball at 3+ targets.

Black Iron Flame Reaver
    • Flame Shock - These are the shamans in the room before the final boss.
    Last edited by cashballer; 2015-04-22 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks for the list!

Bloodmaul Slag Mines

Channeled Flame off the adds on the final boss with take the main boss from 50-0 in about 15 seconds on Challenge Mode

PvP
    Ashran: lava burst from ogres in ring of conquest and from the middle fire boss. Seriously, with dark simulacrum sigil and glyph you can spam 200k lava bursts with NO GLOBAL COOLDOWN for 50 sec when using it on the boss!!!!!!

Going to add this to the Helpful threads sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Bloodmaul Slag Mines

Channeled Flame off the adds on the final boss with take the main boss from 50-0 in about 15 seconds on Challenge Mode
    Thought they took this out? I tried this the other day in CMs and it didn't work.

Thanks for this list btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Uspoonybard View Post
    Thought they took this out? I tried this the other day in CMs and it didn't work.

Thanks for this list btw!
    yeah DSing that hasn't worked for me in days

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Bloodmaul Slag Mines

Doesn't work on CM.

Very nice list, must remember to consult this thread when I get my DK ready for CMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Doesn't work on CM.
    It works, you need to stand in the Breath for a tick after you DS them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucillia View Post
    It works, you need to stand in the Breath for a tick after you DS them.
    ohhhh. So you have to take the damage? That makes more sense now.

confirming you need to stand in the channel flames of your dark sim target to pick it up in BMSM.

Highmaul: I didn't pay too much attention but the first caster adds give you some kind of living bomb ability. It ticked seperately on my recount like bramble patch does, and was doing over 50k. Doesn't really matter but it was fun to do

Some shadow spell from the pale adds immediately after kargath.

Gul'Kosh also has shadow bolts you can generally steal in auchindoun
    Gugg'rogs molten core buff also applies to you when you dark sim it, meaning if you get 3 off (someone can dispel his stacks or even you can if you glyph) you get a barrage off as well.
    Adds after first boss in auchindoun you can take both avengers shield and arbiters hammer. Latter isn't recommended for CM times.

UBRS - black iron summoner does a powerful fireball
    Everbloom - the tenders (not menders) have 2 spells you can take, most importantly on heroic you can take the enraged growth. If you apply it on yourself its INSTANT and awesome damage buff. If applied on a party member its channeled and meh. Be careful not to channel on the enemies (did this in CM by accident and christ it hurt). The leaf spell is consolation prize.

Shadowmoon burial grounds - You can also take an application of the bat dot, its pretty meh but does some upfront damage if you dont have any spiders in the pack (on the bridge)
    Rending voidlash - from enslavers, does a LOT of damage but you have to hold the channel to use it. not sure if this one is only really available to tank or if anyone can steal it.

Skyreach - you can take flash heals, i guess. not really worth it. Last boss has solar impact? or something. Worth taking. Nice solid damage spell.

I tried to take a shadow bolt volley in CM but it didn't appear to work? can anyone else confirm it works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I tried to take a shadow bolt volley in CM but it didn't appear to work? can anyone else confirm it works?
    I haven't done UBRS again yet to confirm that one. Added most of the other ones you listed.

Molten bomb from the first trash in highmaul.
    Only seems to work if I run through the fire after it's cast.
    70-80k dps dot , uncredited damage.
    Either use it on an ogre, or wait for his shield to drop before using it on vul'gor.
    Kerathane Main DK

anyone know why bramble patch doesnt show up on skada?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by NabsTheCracker View Post
    On recount is shows up as damage by "No One" and I didn't notice a ground effect when I used it.
    Pretty sure it just counts as an AoE effect, not an actual spell you have. Any way you have to just track damage dealt to them, not just by your players?
    Think it just becomes a dot
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

In Highmaul, you can dark sim Night-twisted Shadowsworn's Chaos Blast. It applies a DoT on your current target.

Auchindoun the Void Shell actually appears to be stealable - did a 170k shield on the each party member on heroic. Not a dps increase but sorta cool nonetheless.

Shadowmoon Bone-Menders have another ability (a DoT) that's stealable, and it does far more damage than Void Bolt - roughly ~500k.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Shadowmoon Bone-Menders have another ability (a DoT) that's stealable, and it does far more damage than Void Bolt - roughly ~500k.
    It's called Shadow Word: Frailty and it hits like truck.