Looking for Brackenspore Normal advice

Hi there.

I'm looking for some help with Brackenspore on normal difficulty, we ended our raid tonight after a couple of tries on him, having defeated Butcher and Kargath on the first tries and Tectus after 3-4 wipes. We were raiding with 18 people, 2 tanks, 4 healers and 12 dps. Healthy mix of 5 melee and 7 ranged.

Now I realise that normally it'd be a bit soon to come asking for help after just a couple of tries, but a problem that we can't see a solution too has quickly emerged. We're very getting overwhelmed by the moss about half way through the fight. I'm not sure what our flamethrowers could be doing better, they're both being careful never to overheat, but unless there's some trick we're missing then I'm not sure what to do.

On our best try we managed to get to 50% with more than half of the enrage left before we got completely overwhelmed. Everything was running smoothly until we ran out of space, utilising all the mushrooms, getting the adds down in a timely manner and no raid deaths.

Our DPS ranges from 16-21k or so. I'd love to link some logs but we didn't take any. I did stream our attempts so if anyone thinks that would be useful to see I'll give a VoD link, although I don't want to come across as trying to promote my stream.

Thanks in advance for any advice rendered.

EDIT: I misremembered our raid comp slightly, we lost a DPS to a DC half way through so we had 17 people, one fewer ranged dps than I originally said.
    Last edited by SpacedOut; 2014-12-03 at 11:58 PM.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Your dps needs to start clearing the moss as soon as the fight starts, and pretty much use it on cooldown. Towards the end of the fight it does get a little bit harder, since there will be moss everywhere, but at that point just focus on getting the moss closer to the boss, rather than the outskirts of the room.

Deleted
    I used one of the flamethrowers in my guild. In the end, there wasn't that much space left, but we could keep it at bay. There were some things we could have done better, which would have made the boss easier:
    - Use a runspeed-buff before activating the flamethrower. So you can cower more ground.
    - Begin early to remove the moss. It will spawn slowly at the edges, and you'll have to run around a lot. But if you remove a lot of it early, and then go back to the boss letting the flamethrower cool off, you'll have a much easier time later on.
    - Give the two people symbols on their heads, or assign certain sides of the boss to them. It happened twice, that we wanted to clear the same patch of moss at the same time.
    Can't think of anything else right now for the flamethrowers. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    I used one of the flamethrowers in my guild. In the end, there wasn't that much space left, but we could keep it at bay. There were some things we could have done better, which would have made the boss easier:
    - Use a runspeed-buff before activating the flamethrower. So you can cower more ground.
    - Begin early to remove the moss. It will spawn slowly at the edges, and you'll have to run around a lot. But if you remove a lot of it early, and then go back to the boss letting the flamethrower cool off, you'll have a much easier time later on.
    - Give the two people symbols on their heads, or assign certain sides of the boss to them. It happened twice, that we wanted to clear the same patch of moss at the same time.
    Can't think of anything else right now for the flamethrowers. Hope it helps.
    Thanks for the advice : )
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.