Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I met my closest friends playing WoW, i'd like to share my story and hear yours!

--SNIP--

The link above is a video I made talking about Real Life Friends vs. Online Friends, I do a bit of Machinima to speak about one of the first people I ever met on WoW, Renelea.

I'm not too sure where Renelea is right now, but she was the first friend I ever made. I remember I was in 6th grade and my Dad was telling me that I need to go out and meet some new people, but I decided to say fuck that and keep playing WoW. I met Renelea randomly through a BG, and I randomly whispered her after she chopped down like 4 Horde in AB Lumbermill. I sent a simple whisper, and from then on, we had played WoW for a whole year together. Time flies by when you're having fun, we would wait for each other to get on and we would just not talk to each other sometimes while we just run around the world as ghosts exploring everything. I felt like I had found the perfect friend. A year later, I went to ask Ren for her email or something, she ends up telling me that she has to go a boarding school because her Dad hates the fact that she doesn't have a lot of friends in real life. She said she'd be back in a month, but 5 years later i'm still waiting. In that time however, I met SO many amazing people and i'm so happy that a community like this exists!

I'm still hoping she'll find me somehow, but it's a shot in the dark. With that being said, i'd love to hear how you guys met your friends on WoW!
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-12-04 at 06:42 PM.

The GM wife of my old guild liked my Australian accent and flirted and sent me photos of her.
    Another girl I met on my server is engaged and begun to have feelings for me and wants to visit me soon.

That's my luck so far in game. (not even trolling).

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate stories like that OP... So much "what could have been" sadness!
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by coldfront View Post
    The GM wife of my old guild liked my Australian accent and flirted and sent me photos of her.
    Another girl I met on my server is engaged and begun to have feelings for me and wants to visit me soon.

That's my luck so far in game. (not even trolling).
    We got ourselves a player over here

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Oh man, I wish I could talk to her once more. I would tell her how much she means to me and i'd make sure she'd never forget that.

My sister met her now husband through wow, been together for 4 years, gota kid, they seem happy.

I met my bestfriend back in vanilla while leveling a gnome.. walked up to him and just starting talking with him.. 10 years later we're still talking on skype and raiding together. It's pretty cool. We've experienced every expansion together and have raided everything together. Our story is pretty long I mean.. all the things you could do in the span of 10 years is pretty lengthy. So ya.. 10 years we still talk.. game out and laugh and what not.

Congrats to everyone who has met a boyfriend or girlfriend though lol.

Pretty awesome!
    Last edited by Chat; 2014-12-04 at 04:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wounded Stapler View Post
    Oh man, I wish I could talk to her once more. I would tell her how much she means to me and i'd make sure she'd never forget that.
    She never told you anything like what boarding school it was or what city she lived in or anything that might even be a starting point to finding her?
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my good mates was my gm in bc, altho were live 10hrs drive apart he still comes down for bdays and stuff. He lived with me wen I was 16 and he was 24. Like an older bro lol
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Once time ago, i dated with a female nightelf druid that joined us as a pug, since she was also from my country.

Well, she didnt look like a night elf in the real life but, I have to admit that it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Damnit - the world that never was!
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Damnit - the world that never was!
    like DRAENOR!!!

quickly, go and search for a bronze drangon, maybe they can help you

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't meet my gf in WoW, but we certainly met because of WoW. A gaming buddy at school told me there was this cute girl that also played WoW that I just had to meet so he just threw me into an msn conversation with her. We've been together for 7 years now.

Have not had such luck, but congrats to those who have.

I have a pair of friends IRL who met each other in WoW and got married. So that's cool.

Deleted
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one here meeting their amazing friends. I met my best friend a few years back, she was looking for a guild on general which I could've easily ignored as I do all the time, instead I was being a random saint and helped her out. 5 years later and we're inseparable and is the closest person to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've made heaps of friends from wow. A few online friends from d2 all started playing at the same time, only 3 of us are left but all on different servers and mixed factions. The guild we were all in, still friends with a girl from there as well. I've met a lot of people in rerolls that I'm still friends with, and I'm currently playing with one person I met in a reroll 3 years ago and we've played together whenever both of us are playing since, along with some others who we met in a reroll earlier this year and have since xfered and faction changed together more than a couple times.

I don't distinguish a very big difference between online friends and RL friends. It's like, playing wow with online friends is the equivalent of going out for food or drinks with RL friends. And you have to manage your time so you can spend sufficient time with both.

Deleted
    Well, i could add stories about a shattered career and a lost family, which happened to a friend, who was severely addicted to World of Warcraft.

But i am sure that most of the readers of this thread are more interested in virtual love stories, so i just will not continue.

Still, never forget that there are people who found friends thru playing games as there are people who lost friends and family, and even their career because of playing games.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Well, i could add stories about a shattered career and a lost family, which happened to a friend, who was severely addicted to World of Warcraft.

But i am sure that most of the readers of this thread are more interested in virtual love stories, so i just will not continue.

Still, never forget that there are people who found friends thru playing games as there are people who lost friends and family, and even their career because of playing games.
    lol illest buzzkill

Deleted
    My story: Started playing -06, friendlist always empty. Played with few guys i knew from IRL but they unsubbed years ago. Though they were playing mainly pvp and i hate pvp so good riddance.

Deleted
    My Story: played early vanilla-early wrath, no friends, (i was 13/14 early wrath) my account got hacked so i quit, wow wasn't that important to me at this point in time.. didn't touch the game until 4.3 where i joined a 4.0.6 private server (shame on me, i also had no money as i was 16 at the time with no job) i played the game on a super low spec samsung netbook @13fps. in this server i met a guy who played a blood dk, due to it being a private server, blood dk's were severely broken and over powered. i was in complete awe, made a dk myself on said server, started chatting to him, we became super good friends for a couple months, before one day me him, and a girl we'd play with all somehow at the same time stopped playing. i spent a few months in college, got a new computer (high school for you Americans) downloaded that private server once again, logged into my character to find he'd left a guild message to us with his email telling us to get in touch, i got in touch. we started playing mists of pandaria together, and we've been good friends for around 3 years now, if he's not on i won't play, and the same goes to him. i've never had an argument with him ever, wow is a great place to meet friends, be that retail or private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Games are part of RL. What would you expect?