Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    I like the garrison as well. On my Monk (my Main), I hit all his Work Orders in the morning before I go to work. I clear out the Mine and the garden and turn in my Fishing Quest. I set all my Missions for the longer ones (assuming I have the Followers to do them). Then I'll pop over to my Warrior, hit his Blacksmithing and Engineering daily crafting stuff and only clear his Mine and/or Garden if I need the mats. Then I pop over to my Hunter and do my Inscription daily crafts.

When I get home I open all my X-Mas presents (Missions and usually quite a few Salvage Crates), do my Apexis daily and try and get in on a raid. If I can't get in on a raid I'll hop on my Warrior and work on leveling him. I'll check back on my Monk's Garrison after every few dungeons to keep the shorter missions rolling (more Salvage Crates).

I have factions to work on as well. Once LFR releases I'll be hitting that up to gather up some missing gear pieces.

Did the Goren Invasion last night and got Gold by quite a bit of excess points. Then I helped a friend do the Shadowmoon Invasion but only got Silver (missed it by like 14 points).

Lot's to do. If you consider the game a "chore", maybe MMO's aren't for you.
    This person here is correct. Especially on the X-Mas bit. That's my favourite thing when I come home in the evening right now.

I don't mind them, but I'm also not super dilligent about them. I have a lot of alts already but I only really "attend" to my Garrison on my two Alliance mains / Horde main and the one character I have dedicated to getting the Barracks 3 for me.

My problem with the Garrison is the medium buildings are too hard to choose from, while the majority of the Larges feel fundamentally useless outside of convenience or tricks. Bunker / Mage Tower maybe, Barracks if you really enjoy the bodyguard. Stables is do once and discard if you want longterm useful stuff and the Siege Tank from Gearworks 3 and the utterly random nature of the inventions makes it fall flat.

Meanwhile I'm stressed out because I can't have a Gladiator's Sanctum, Trading Post, and Inn on every character. I feel the sanctum is too mandatory on any character you want to PvP with. I hope if they do a Tier 4 garrison they add another medium, I think adding a 4th small or a 3rd large wouldn't really be that useful except if you must have every profession on every class.

[Edit]: Also I agree with whoever above said they stopped bothering with their mine. Brother, I've still got 5K+ Blackrock Ore and True Iron Ore, I don't even walk that way after my fishing daily is done.

Still like garrison. You can just ignore the parts which annoys you, like the mine. Missions are still great fun. This is at least much much better than MoP dailies.. I couldnt force myself doing them wich meant i never got the good recipes and didnt make any money...

Feels like I'm managing a stronghold. I'm cool with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I quit Cataclysm and didn't buy MoP because of Daily grinds. They were horrible, and made me feel like I didn't have any time to play.

I'm pretty happy with my Garrison. I spend 5-30 minutes there per day. Most days, because my stuff is L2 or L3, I don't need to either pick up, nor add to queues. If I had storehouse, I could visit once every 5-6 days. You don't need to mess with that stuff daily except at L1. It's just a lie to claim otherwise. I'm done with Stables already - didn't take long.

So I go in, mine and herb, set up missions (most of which are 4-10 hours, because L100, and not that many to choose from), pick up/reload anything vital, grab daily Apexis, and I'm done.

It's not remotely comparable to the level of "chore" that Dailies were in previous expansions. Plus it's cool, it's mine, I'm not in competition for anything, and I generally get a "calm place", something WoW was lacking. Win.

Deleted
    I like it. They give me gold and I got already 3 EPIX one from the raid mission (warforged i lvl 661) and 2x lvl 645 from invasion (1x weapon and belt) It's good stuff.

Once you have levled your follower and made them epic you only need to farm follower eq and level them. If you don't feel like doing missions all day just do the important once like the raid, seal and the items for legendary quest. Those are fairly rare and take 8+ hours to complete so you don't have to check everyday.

If you WANT to go further you can hunt for specific follower from inn like epic riding which reduces the mission time by 50%. This way you can do more missions for gold/exp and if you have a salvage yard for crates which contain follower gear and chance of 665 boe epix.

So in the end it's your CHOICE either just do the raid mission and hope you have all the counters so you get 100%. Or work towards it by hunting specifc follower leveling and gearing them up again so you ALWAYS get 100% success.

New Item -

BEACON OF TIME!
    On use, 24 hours will pass in your Garrison.

NEW ON THE BLIZ STORE! Only 10 Dollar!

(I'm not sure if I'm actually joking with this, or I'm secretly expecting it'll probably eventually happen. Garrisons seem to be built perfectly as a "Free to play" Phone App, all we're missing is the microtransations.)
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    "I have to do absolutely everything and I hate it" being said by people that also say "I don't want to actually be in a guild or do progress or raid beyond LFR". Yeah nah, doesn't work that way.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoj View Post

In WoD, almost every venue of character advancement is now gated behind artificial time limitations. Once finished with 5-man heroics, there's nothing left that you can actively work towards when you wish.

You are aware you are playing an MMO right? The whole point is to draw things out so you don't rush through and completely gear out your character finish out all the content before they make more. This is not a new concept either BTW. This "it takes time to do stuff" theme has been around before wow. Single player and console games are where the instant gratification comes from. In MMOs you get rewarded for sticking through the tedium. As for the reputation rewards, you all bitched it was unfair to gate real rewards behind reputations, now all I hear is reps are useless now because they only offer garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    New Item -

BEACON OF TIME!
    On use, 24 hours will pass in your Garrison.

NEW ON THE BLIZ STORE! Only 10 Dollar!

(I'm not sure if I'm actually joking with this, or I'm secretly expecting it'll probably eventually happen. Garrisons seem to be built perfectly as a "Free to play" Phone App, all we're missing is the microtransations.)
    No game play effecting items will be seen in the store. And frankly I can wait. I have a career and a family. I check my Garrison 2 times a day on log in and at log off. I Have other things going on in game that are more interesting than being an over the shoulder supervisor to my Garrison.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the immersion when i'm in my garrison

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    No game play effecting items will be seen in the store.
    Well it wouldn't effect gameplay, just speed up parts people don't want to spend a lot of time on - Like paying to skip questing. It's not helping you get world first on the final boss in Mythic, so it doesn't count as Pay2 win. (I'm pretty sure that that's the only thing people will eventually call Pay-to-Win in this game)
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    "I have to do absolutely everything and I hate it" being said by people that also say "I don't want to actually be in a guild or do progress or raid beyond LFR". Yeah nah, doesn't work that way.
    Sure it does, you just need the right friends.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    But yeah overall garrison are a complete failure.
    no its not
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    I despise Garrisons in the fact they made major cities almost irrelevant. Having trade chat and AH through ypur garrison is stupid, i have no need to ever go to Org. And when i Do (peak hours) there isnt a god damn soul there. I like the idea of garrisons but Blizzard goofed on this bullshit.

Also someone first page mentioned why do o have 20 niners and i still have to collect my own shit!?! Seriously? Call us General at lvl 3 garrison and i gotta mine my own shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda agree that it is more of a chore than anything, still I don't hate garrisons (yet).

I just wish that you as the commander could actually delegate some of the work.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm right there with you. Garrisons are nothing but a giant wait-fest. I've tried to make the best of it, but I really can't find the fun that people are finding in them. Maybe if it were available on a mobile device or something.

Deleted
    I'm still liking the garrison stuff, collecting followers is quite fun

I guess the mine isn't great, but that's mostly because the ores seem less useful

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well if it didn't exist I'd have no reason to log on... I'm geared past dungeons and the alliance raiding community is full of twats who ALREADY ask for highmaul curve to join a normal raid... I NEED these missions and that one daily and the profession buildings or I'd be bored out of my mind.

Damn it I need LFR already!
    Last edited by Aeula; 2014-12-05 at 02:24 PM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind them too much. I like the missions as they throw loot at me, and I like levelling/gearing Followers. However, the size and time to empty the Mine is ridiculous. I have lots of Alts, it's horrible to do. Herb Garden is less than a minute, no idea why the Mine can't be set in a similar way, especially given the amount of Workers/Guards down there.

It does however feel really gated. You only get GR/Work Orders from it over time. All of my 100's get to Level 3 and can't upgrade any Buildings to Level 3 because they don't have resources. Ah well.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

They could have made two type of garrison:
    * helps improving the character -> mandatory, players feel forced
    * does not help improving the character -> useless

Choice cna only be delivered in form of A or B, and if garrisons are A, then B should be the "path of the lonely wolf", with you sitting on a campfire alone, playing headhunter killquests and gettin the same bonus for doing other things in comparable time...

...until someone calculates that garrisons give you 0,5% more loot than being a campfire mercenary, and then you come back, and complain that youre forced ito garrisons because they are so much better and being a campfire mercenary is useless.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".