Will unstable magic ever be viable?

So im thoroughly enjoying my mage especially frost,ive tried and enjoyed most builds withing frost but none more so than unstable magic but i understand its just not viable and seems to lag behind others in its tier, im hoping blizz boost this ability somewhat but wonder if this will ever happen.
    Anyone else enjoy it and frustrated that its not really viable, or am i totally wrong here by thinking same?
    Maybe it is viable with fire and arcane?
    NOTE i havent hit highmaul yet so cant comment on how it fairs in a raid.

Deleted
    More haste and multistrike maybe then?

Deleted
    Yes, it will be. Working on something for the end of the patch which uses UM. But requires some more stats than we have available right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the passive talents were underpowered on purpose as it's less to micro manage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I thought the passive talents were underpowered on purpose as it's less to micro manage?
    Not underpowered per se but they’re meant to give somewhat less benefit than a well used active because of the reason you stated.

Basically intent is: If you play bad the passive will be better, if you play well then the passive will be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Basically intent is: If you play bad the passive will be better, if you play well then the passive will be worse.
    This isn't always true. RNG can easily screw you pretty hard. Mirror Images can die (it does happen!), the "Passive" talent of L100 feels a lot more active (and is stronger) than the right L100 talent, Rune of Power and Prismatic Crystal... well, I don't even need to explain those

The ONLY tier of talents where you're correct is L75, which is kinda funny how it's the only talent tier of ours (involving DPS) that is well designed (at least for Frost). All 3 talents do well in their own regard and accomplish what is intended.

Also, UM is weak for Frost specifically because of how bad Frostbolt's base damage is (and why FFB is on the list). If it included Multistrikes (bonus chances to proc from MS), Crits (would crit on crits), and Icicle procs on UM, it'd be a lot better.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    This isn't always true. RNG can easily screw you pretty hard. Mirror Images can die (it does happen!), the "Passive" talent of L100 feels a lot more active (and is stronger) than the right L100 talent, Rune of Power and Prismatic Crystal... well, I don't even need to explain those

The ONLY tier of talents where you're correct is L75, which is kinda funny how it's the only talent tier of ours (involving DPS) that is well designed (at least for Frost). All 3 talents do well in their own regard and accomplish what is intended.

Also, UM is weak for Frost specifically because of how bad Frostbolt's base damage is (and why FFB is on the list). If it included Multistrikes (bonus chances to proc from MS), Crits (would crit on crits), and Icicle procs on UM, it'd be a lot better.

There is no passive talent in the level 100? Thermal Void is semi-passive I guess but requires you to actively lengthen it’s duration to do anything. Crystal is, well crystal, placed wrong it’ll suck. Comet storm is just… Let’s just please not talk about comet because it makes me sad.

As for 90, there’s active MIs, active RoP and passive IF? RoP beats IF when used flawlessly, as intended.

UM is intended to be somewhat weaker than Nova and bomb on average from what I’ve understood, with the caveat that you can’t really fail while using it, though it’s a bit weaker than intended because of the frostbolt nerf.

PS: If any words seem horribly out of place it’s because this pos macbook has a T9ish spellcheck that ”corrects” WoW lingo like procs into words like ”pros” and ”process” and I don’t know how to turn that shite off.