Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just pay your child support shut up and stop complaining. I have to pay it, everyone else who has kids and is divorced or what not pays it. What makes you so special. Why would you want to deny your child their needs. Child support is a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Where are those handed out? A grandma who lives near you, isn't working, is still in great health, and is preferably still alive?
    Let's stop comparing a job that takes years of education to perform to housekeeping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Let's stop comparing a job that takes years of education to perform to housekeeping.
    I dunno... A fine arts degree or a philosophy major, same diff.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Just pay your child support shut up and stop complaining. I have to pay it, everyone else who has kids and is divorced or what not pays it. What makes you so special. Why would you want to deny your child their needs. Child support is a bargain.
    Yeah that's what he asked for. He wants to be the only one who doesn't have to pay it. Read the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I dunno... A fine arts degree or a philosophy major, same diff.
    Neither of which will feed a family.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    lol, child support > the costs you incur when a child lives with you. i have 2 kids with 2 different women, i have custody of one and only get the other one on weekends/holidays

the one i don't have custody of costs me about 28% more per year and we all have the same standard of living. i'm paying for my ex-wife's bills too, not just my child

it's child support with a touch of "poor little helpless woman" mixed in because, you know, equality is just the good stuff, not the "get off your ass and support yourself" part

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    If you look down on stay-at-home moms so much, don't marry a woman who plans on being one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Problem here is that you're looking at the "giving the woman money" aspect as opposed to "supporting your kids." Crazy thought, some parents actually like their children and want the best for them.
    And you really think women spend every dime of that child support they receive on their kids and none on themselves? You must be high. I would like to see a law that all child support money spent by the woman (or in the very rare case man) have itemized receipts showing what it was spent on to ensure its spent on the kids or invested in a bank account of some type in the kid's name

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And you really think women spend every dime of that child support they receive on their kids and none on themselves? You must be high. I would like to see a law that all child support money spent by the woman (or in the very rare case man) have itemized receipts showing what it was spent on to ensure its spent on the kids or invested in a bank account of some type in the kid's name
    As someone who was raised by a single mother since a toddler, yes. I do think that.

Anything else I can help you with?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Nearly everyone in the thread is equating child support with alimony. They aren't the same thing. Not even close. Child support is a percentage because it should be expected that your kids will have the same standard of living after the divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    If you look down on stay-at-home moms so much, don't marry a woman who plans on being one.
    Saying a fast food worker studies less for his job and is not comparable to a neurosurgeon isn't ''looking down'', it's ''common sense''.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    it's reasonable to increase the child support as the father's (if a mother loses the trial for a child, i'm assuming her wage isn't high enough to support a child) wage increases, but up to a limit (somewhere near $100k, Harvard-quality child support) and all the expenses must be justified

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My mother got divorced and by law I can collect ~14k from her from child support which was just the bare minimal amount by law for about 7 years.

Too bad it's like getting blood from a turnip and I'm not a sociopath. Imagine 14k in steam games.

I could buy two whole Warhammer boxes with that and a rulebook.

Wouldn't you have the same issue with a set amount as you have with a flat tax? It fucks with the poor parents more than the rich parents, when the latter needs that money less than the former.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Uchuchu View Post
    Nearly everyone in the thread is equating child support with alimony. They aren't the same thing. Not even close. Child support is a percentage because it should be expected that your kids will have the same standard of living after the divorce.
    in most states, it's a percentage of the combined income of both families (if they remarry, that factors in). so it really rewards the lazier person. if dad is paying child support and loses his job, it can drop to 0. if he gets a raise, child support goes up
    Last edited by sarecho; 2014-12-06 at 01:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Wouldn't you have the same issue with a set amount as you have with a flat tax? It fucks with the poor parents more than the rich parents, when the latter needs that money less than the former.
    But its not supposed to be a punishment, and rich people arent forced to contribute to child support of poor people (nor should they be) so that logic is flawed

But its not supposed to be a punishment, and rich people arent forced to contribute to child support of poor people (nor should they be) so that logic is flawed
    1) That it's not supposed to be a punishment is exactly what I'm saying here: a set amount is essentially a punishment for being poor because your obligation to the child is a much greater part of your paycheck than someone more well off.

2) Why does the "rich parents don't pay for child support of poor people" even have any relevance to what I posted? I'm not talking about people paying for other people's kids, I'm talking about people paying for their own kids, be they rich or poor.

So how is my logic flawed when you totally misunderstood my post on both counts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Sure they are, a single mom with no marketable skill most certainly qualifies as poor people, even if she might've gotten a high living standard by marrying right.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    1) That it's not supposed to be a punishment is exactly what I'm saying here: a set amount is essentially a punishment for being poor because your obligation to the child is a much greater part of your paycheck than someone more well off.
    That's why it should be a choice between flat and %.

Just like how in monopoly you can pay 10% of your cash or a flat 200$.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paying your child support and alimony payments are not "punishments". They're your duty and obligation.

You have an inherent responsibility to your ex-spouse and your children. That responsibility is not set at "basic sustenance", it's set at enabling them to live a lifestyle similar to that they would have had, had you stuck around.

Trying to get out of this is just trying to evade your responsibilities out of sheer, rank greed.