Does Follower level matter when you put him to work?

If you assign a lvl 100 follower to work on a profession building, does it gives you more itens from work orders than if you assign a lvl 90 follower?

Level 90 is a 50% chance and level 100 is 100%. I assume it scales in between.

Quote Originally Posted by sync View Post
    Level 90 is a 50% chance and level 100 is 100%. I assume it scales in between.
    Pretty much this. Also follower item level and rarity do not matter.

So how can I level them if they are at work?

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant. You have to level them first, then put them in a building.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    You cant. You have to level them first, then put them in a building.
    No you don't. I had a 93 follower in my alchemy lab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    What I want to know is whether I wasted so much effort raising my body guard to purple quality and a 649 ilvl to be more efficient in combat.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    He means to get them to level 100 for optimal output.

From what I read the follower bonus activates when you loot the crap from the chest, not when you make the work order, so what you do is level the follower as normal, then set them to work, pick up your crap, take them off the building and level them more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    He asked how he could level them if they are in a building and i said you cant

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    He means to get them to level 100 for optimal output.

From what I read the follower bonus activates when you loot the crap from the chest, not when you make the work order, so what you do is level the follower as normal, then set them to work, pick up your crap, take them off the building and level them more.
    +1
    This works perfectly. Just pop them to work before you pick up the work orders, you can have them on missions all the rest of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    What I want to know is whether I wasted so much effort raising my body guard to purple quality and a 649 ilvl to be more efficient in combat.
    AFAIK, yes, yes you did. They scale with your level.

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Been wondering about this as well. From what I've seen so far the item level of a follower doesn't make him stronger or more effective in real combat. The item level seems to effect follower missions only.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtim View Post
    +1
    This works perfectly. Just pop them to work before you pick up the work orders, you can have them on missions all the rest of the time.
    If you're doing that to your herbalist, make sure they're on duty during daily reset, though. Herbs in the garden won't change once spawned.