Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Worst Game You Have Ever Played

What was the worst game you have ever played?

Rules:
    This has to be a game that you bought without any knowledge of its mediocrity. Example: Games you purchased because they were bad and knew ahead of time they were bad just to see what it was like. (yes some people do that)

And explain why you hated it

Ill go first

Quest 64:
    I was young, and thought hey! A QUEST! FOR MY NINTENDO 64! This could be like Zelda.... said my younger self.... I never even beat the first boss. I hated the game play, the music was bad, the mechanics made no sense and it made me haaate RPGs with a passion until I got older and got into MMOs

World of Warcraft when you play an arcane or fire Mage in WoD.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Master of Orion 3.

First one? Great. Second one? Awesome. Third one? Abysmal, awful.

Elite, because the manual told me I could fly more than one spaceship, going so far as to detail stats, hardpoints, and lore for them. THERE IS ONLY ONE PLAYABLE SHIP IN THE GAME!!!

Spore.

Bought into all the hype which is somewhat rare for me. It's just a trash game that got hyped up by the media because Will "Hyperbole Master" Wright was involved. Instead it was 5 lazy mini games with a select few models to make a generic clusterfuck of a creature.

Um, maybe Heroes of M&M4?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    This has to be a game that you bought without any knowledge of its mediocrity. Example: Games you purchased because they were bad and knew ahead of time they were bad just to see what it was like. (yes some people do that)
    So I can't nominate Britney's Dance Beat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Quest 64:
    I was young, and thought hey! A QUEST! FOR MY NINTENDO 64! This could be like Zelda.... said my younger self.... I never even beat the first boss. I hated the game play, the music was bad, the mechanics made no sense and it made me haaate RPGs with a passion until I got older and got into MMOs
    You think that was hell? You were merely adopting Quest 64, I was born into it.

But seriously, I got to the last boss, couldn't beat it. I actually...enjoyed it somewhat.

Now for seriousness, it's a coin toss between Sonic R, and Remember Me.

Maybe it's not fair to compare them, but Remember Me is the only game I flat out gave up on playing. I actually semi-enjoyed Sonic R as a kid.

Worst game ever: Resistance 1

Most disappointing: Hunted: Demon's Forge.

I don't randomly buy games but I heeded the voices of my friends regarding Borderlands.

I hate it. It's not my cup of tea and I can't stand grab "quest" shoot stuff, grab another, shoot more stuff with that diablo-like loot/game system. I have more fun with the cod campaigns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lakeland, FL or the Temple of Atal Hakkar
    E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial... I spent so much time in the stupid hole in the ground with no way out.
    Proud Troll player.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A game called Mr. Mosquito for PS1. It was basically a Japanese mosquito simulator game where you controlled a mosquito in a hospital and had to suck blood without getting swatted. So bad it was funny. The graphics weren't even bad, it was just a ridiculous idea that they tried to implement seriously which magnified how awful it was. Terrible controls and zero fun in any way. That has to be the all time worst for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You think that was hell? You were merely adopting Quest 64, I was born into it.

But seriously, I got to the last boss, couldn't beat it. I actually...enjoyed it somewhat.

Now for seriousness, it's a coin toss between Sonic R, and Remember Me.

Maybe it's not fair to compare them, but Remember Me is the only game I flat out gave up on playing. I actually semi-enjoyed Sonic R as a kid.
    Omg same. Put so much work into that game as a child, got to the last boss and then couldn't beat it and stopped.
    I actually really liked that game for some reason.... though it was objectively pretty mediocre.

This might be a little weird, but World of Warcraft. Don't get me wrong, I played it for years and loved it, and think it has been a good game from vanilla till now. But every time nostalgia baits me into resubing and I get all hyped, it becomes my new "most disappointing/worst game".

Ride to hell retribution was the last game i ever preordered other then wod
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.

Minority report gor the nintendo gamecube
    2 hours into the game you meet this robot mini boss thingie, that, if you use all your collected ammo up till that point. You take half its hp away,after that you need to punch it dead. Something that was literally impossible..
    I've no idea what to write here.

I'll have to second Spore. It wasn't actually the worst game I've ever played, but it takes number one for taking such an awesome idea and a hefty budget and turning it into a piece of trash. It's in part my fault because it caught my attention when it was first announced and I never really looked into it thereafter, so I just decided to pick it up one day. It was great until I found out my creation was extremely limited, made it's way through natural selection no matter what, and the next thing I knew I was creating equally limited vehicles to take over the galaxy which I had no want or need of doing, so I just stopped.

The game *should* have just focused on the creature creation aspect of it and greatly expanded upon it. The endgame should have been surviving different environments and threats, etc...not taking over the galaxy. But turning that into basically the introduction to the game (and greatly limiting your creativity) and nothing more ruined it for me, and most people that intended to play it, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zisszinthek View Post
    E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial... I spent so much time in the stupid hole in the ground with no way out.
    Extend your neck and fly up man!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 3, ejected the disc about 10 mins in; absolute trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Fallout 3, ejected the disc about 10 mins in; absolute trash.
    wat. Are you just saying that to seem like you're too cool to enjoy games a lot of other people do or do you actually have a reason

10+ Year Old Account
    Ride to Hell: Retribution
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

In terms of just being made very poorly, The You Testament.

In terms of disappointing me to the point of turning me away from a game that I dedicated YEARS to, Cataclysm.

I usually stay well-informed with games and rarely just grab something because I like the box art or whatever, that and I follow a lot of series. I haven't played many awful games because of that. The You Testament is one I saw videos on and thought it looked hilariously bad, and it was.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2014-12-06 at 05:48 AM.