Page 1 of 2
LastLast

this is the dialogue they want (ferguson)

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...35130BLH68FawK

watch then comment. dont comment without watching please...

i know some of you hate when a post doesn't contain a long opinion or some other shit but this post here is to make you think, not show my opinion.

Racial tolerance has been improving in the country for decades. Yet the media is wanting to spin it as if racial issues are a growing problem, which is false.

As far as the specific people in the video, Blacks do typically act more extreme when surrounded by other Blacks.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Blacks do typically act more extreme when surrounded by other Blacks.
    The hood mentality is a crippling disease, it gets in your nervous system.

It makes you nervous of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    The hood mentality is a crippling disease, it gets in your nervous system.
    Yes and were not allowed to say that the culture has any flaws or that it needs improving, so I really don't see why people are expecting any "change".

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care who someone is or what the issue or topic is, humanity needs to own up as individuals and stop being so overly forgiving and excusing of the crap we ourselves do.

They can't be racist because they're black? Oh really? Is it somehow something else besides racism when whites aren't involved? It's funny, I've certainly heard of black people acting racist or prejudiced. Black/Asian racism certainly seems to be a thing in some place. A lifelong Asian friend of mine has seen it herself at her job... and she's not the sort of person who'd ever treat anyone in a manner that called for such rudeness.

And then there was the older woman I used to work with (she's black, I'm white, totally different generations) who was once was quietly commenting to me about the amount of Indian immigrants in our area anymore. She slightly hesitantly referred to people like she and I as "the regular people."

I'm sure she meant no harm by it, but that kind of says a lot now. Black and white... the regular people. Black and white are largely what get the focus while there are Asians and others who are largely sidelined, and yet that fact it ignored. It makes me wonder what they think about all the racial fuss.

I don't care who you are, yes you are capable of acting prejudiced and very likely do in some manner.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-12-06 at 08:50 AM.

There's no excuse for acting like a bunch of thugs and burning your own city down. Nor is there rational for it.

If they wanted a dialogue they should have opened one.

Now they're just annoying.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I couldn't watch it for long... I want out of this place
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

What's everyone expect black people to believe? One of those male black teens walks down the sidewalk and all the white people cross over to the other side as they see him coming? It's like he has cooties? If people did that to you wouldn't you start thinking people didn't like you? And since they don't know you and what a nice guy you are wouldn't you think they didn't like you based on your race?

Even the black intellectuals in this country say that white people are racist.

Now black people saying they're not racist? Technically they might be. But in that case you're comparing mountains to molehills. When was the last time a white guy didn't get a job because a black employer wouldn't hire him?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    What's everyone expect black people to believe? One of those male black teens walks down the sidewalk and all the white people cross over to the other side as they see him coming? It's like he has cooties? If people did that to you wouldn't you start thinking people didn't like you? And since they don't know you and what a nice guy you are wouldn't you think they didn't like you based on your race?

Now black people saying they're not racist? Technically they might be. But in that case you're comparing mountains to molehills. When was the last time a white guy didn't get a job because a black employer wouldn't hire him?
    I dunno, i've never seen that happen but tbf I'm white. I DO cross the street whenever I see a group of young people whatever the race. I've been jumped by white, asian and black; sometimes fought off, but usually curled up on the ground as 6 people pound on me because they thought I had money.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every race in this country has a variation of what is in that video.

Anti-intellectualism + Too proud of your absurdly poor upbringing + relying on 'catching feelings' to dictate their actions + their over-reliance on self-appointed race-baiting religious leaders of their perspective race.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame this thing in NYC has been lumped together with Ferguson. The thing in New York is a different story, and...well...I'm glad I don't live there. One of the benefits of living in a small town is that the police don't act like the gestapo. My sense is that Ferguson protestors are fighting for the right to be a gangsta. NYC protestors are fighting for the right to not be killed during an arrest.

I watched the video, and those people really suck. If it weren't for the fact that I know a lot of black folks who have nothing to do with that shit...watching videos like this all day could easily turn me into a racist.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    I dunno, i've never seen that happen but tbf I'm white. I DO cross the street whenever I see a group of young people whatever the race. I've been jumped by white, asian and black; sometimes fought off, but usually curled up on the ground as 6 people pound on me because they thought I had money.
    Happened to me my first week of college. We had police who walked the streets. One night a bunch of us on my floor were hanging out, turns out all the black guys had been approached (questioned) and tailed by the police at night, none of the white guys. Had a UC try to get me to sell him weed, I don't even smoke. It doesn't happen everyday and you sort of get used to it (as weird as that sounds), definitely can't say that racism isn't a thing in the US.

Hehehe.

Black people can't be racist, hilarious.

*snip*racism apologetics by hubcap*snip*
    You're racist.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2014-12-06 at 09:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Every race in this country has a variation of what is in that video.

Anti-intellectualism + Too proud of your absurdly poor upbringing + relying on 'catching feelings' to dictate their actions + their over-reliance on self-appointed race-baiting religious leaders of their perspective race.
    Every minority group in the US (race, religion, or sex) has/does face adversity. Black people make up the most predominant group (depending on how you count Hispanics), most identifiable, and have been here for quite some time, thus black people are sort of the poster children for race relations in the US. Thats why when you see race issues brought up its usually told from the standpoint of black people. Asians, Latinos, Middle Easterners, etc, catch hell too but black people make up a more vocal group are very experienced in the whole civil rights thing. Tired of people saying the other groups don't have issues with how their respected races are treated, but its harder/discouraging when they see black people still getting the short end of the stick.

The last black "friend" I had sold me a bobby bonds jersey. Took my money and said he was going to get the thing. Never saw him again. When I was 5 or 6 my neighbors were black. I was friends with their sons up to the point where they lured me into their garage and beat me with a belt. To hell with them and the rampant black racism that exists in this country. There are no racists in the states as open and loud about their beliefs as black racists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elhaym View Post
    The last black "friend" I had sold me a bobby bonds jersey. Took my money and said he was going to get the thing. Never saw him again. When I was 5 or 6 my neighbors were black. I was friends with their sons up to the point where they lured me into their garage and beat me with a belt. To hell with them and the rampant black racism that exists in this country. There are no racists in the states as open and loud about their beliefs as black racists.
    I don't know man, I don't see too many black people riding around flying flags associated with a racist group and lynch mobs or boldly going on TV saying that all black/brown people should get out of the country.

Can we just say that they are assholes on both sides without claiming that one is more racist than the other.

And if people can't pick apart the sensationalism in the linked video then FOX News is your channel.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so let me understand this...you want to look like a thug and not have people feel uncomfortable having to walk close to you? Because the only time I really see people of race A get nervous around race B is when race B is dressed like a thug.

Other thugs give wide berth to:

Newsflash: Everyone is racist...the hard part is to start getting everyone to be accountable for themselves in that regard.

Now black people saying they're not racist? Technically they might be. But in that case you're comparing mountains to molehills.
    No, technically they are racist. How is one a mountain and the other a molehill? I don't understand this line of thinking.

When was the last time a white guy didn't get a job because a black employer wouldn't hire him?
    I did get turned down for a job with Toyota Racing Development because I wasn't Mexican...but I just laughed that shit off...it was ultimately their loss.

Ok, so let me understand this...you want to look like a thug and not have people feel uncomfortable having to walk close to you? Because the only time I really see people of race A get nervous around race B is when race B is dressed like a thug.
    Why were there no riots in New York? Could it be that different black communities are different?

And remember that a lot of people who were looking for trouble traveled to Ferguson. There were a lot of people from outside of the community.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    And if people can't pick apart the sensationalism in the linked video then FOX News is your channel.
    Why do you have to go there.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Look like a thug" is such a subjective term.

The people in the 3rd picture wouldn't look like thugs to me if they weren't throwing up signs. Hell, a few of the people in the Nazi picture wouldn't be identifiable as a Nazi if they weren't throwing up a sign. I could go outside in a white t-shirt and jeans (that fit) and be called a thug. Urban attire is often called thuggish but that could be farm from the truth.

So I do take it offense to when people label me a thug when I'm not even trying to be one. Their thoughts are usually grounded in prejudice, willful ignorance, and/or bigotry. Why do I have to be the magical negro to not get called a thug?
    Last edited by PACOX; 2014-12-06 at 10:24 AM. Reason: too drunk to proofread