Poll: How's the UI?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

7+ Year Old Account

[Holy] ElvUI setup!

Loving this new setup with the Skada over the chats and healbot at the bottom. Whatcha all think?
    http://i.imgur.com/EwQeXW3.jpg

EDIT: Changed things up a bit
    http://i.imgur.com/dTItjl8.jpg
    Last edited by Cruxial; 2014-12-07 at 02:54 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're not afraid your raid frames are too far down?
    If I were you I would place them closer to the center of the screen, so you don't have to move your eyes too around the screen.
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

Why not use elvui's raid frames?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I thought about both those, Ive been using healbot forever so I'm a bit scared about switching to raidframes/clique.
    Also thought about that too I might switch where my spells are and unitframes with healbot so its closer to my char. I tunnel vision a lot :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruxial View Post
    Loving this new setup with the Skada over the chats and healbot at the bottom. Whatcha all think?
    That looks pretty good. Mind sharing your WA string?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindevamp View Post
    That looks pretty good. Mind sharing your WA string?
    Weak Auras? I don't have that. Unless you're talking about something else :P I'm using elvUI I can upload my profile though.

Deleted
    I meant the icons between player and target frames or are those your skill frames? =D

7+ Year Old Account
    Action bar frames in elvUI They simply replace the standard blizz action bars.

where exactly would your raid frames be during a raid? I feel like you are wasting a lot of space at the bottom there.
    Hi Sephurik

7+ Year Old Account
    Basically, Healbot is replacing raidframes entirely. Here's some screens of an in-combat UI setup, and out of combat.
    Out of combat: http://imgur.com/oKmkQ9j,DSGVkc7#1
    In combat: http://imgur.com/vSWkYtf

Deleted
    Not bad, liking the skills in the middle. How'd you do that, any specific addon or trick ?

Poll: How's the UI:
    "Meh", mostly due to use of HealBot (VuhDo, shouldn't neex explaining at this point) and you shouldn't really have Skada shown in combat any way as it just takes up screen space and distracts people; having chat shown is useful if you ever PuG or have someone not on voice-coms.

I'm partial to my healing frames more in my view whilst still having my screen clear of everything else. I use the same setup on all my healer chars ~

The frames above are VuhDo's test feature of course, not real players, and the boarder and options top right aren't normally there etc.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-12-07 at 06:21 PM. Reason: To clarify

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Meh, mostly due to use of HealBot and you shouldn't really have Skada shown in combat any way, but having chat shown is useful if you ever PuG or have someone not on voice-coms.

I'm partial to it more in my view whilst still having my screen clear, I use the same setup on all my healer chars ~

VuhDo's test feature of course, the boarder and options top right aren't normally there etc.
    I don't know if what you said makes a lot of sense xD

Anyways more on topic I changed my UI around:
    http://i.imgur.com/dTItjl8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0sJevkNd2U

This is my UI.

I use Vuhdo alone. The functionality is amazing. Most all abilities are hover over macros. I used Grid & Clique in ICC/Firelands. Changed to Vuhdo and have never looked back.
    Excellence, completed by Shyama!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruxial View Post
    I don't know if what you said makes a lot of sense xD
    Which part doesn't make sense? Edited it anyway just to clarify, hopefully.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-12-07 at 06:21 PM.

I'm gonna go off-topic a bit here, but how did you get your skada to work? Mine stopped working at the pre-launch patch and hasn't gotten fixed yet, I assumed it was a problem with regards to elv-ui.
    The issue is not having any modes (dmg, healing, deaths etc etc) so no information is shown

OT: Your revised UI is a lot better than the original, the only concern I would have would be that you can't really see just behind your character too well. Which may hurt you if bads spawn behind you

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anolith View Post
    I'm gonna go off-topic a bit here, but how did you get your skada to work? Mine stopped working at the pre-launch patch and hasn't gotten fixed yet, I assumed it was a problem with regards to elv-ui.
    The issue is not having any modes (dmg, healing, deaths etc etc) so no information is shown

OT: Your revised UI is a lot better than the original, the only concern I would have would be that you can't really see just behind your character too well. Which may hurt you if bads spawn behind you
    I had never used Skada before, I just uninstalled recount and installed skada, works a charm. I'd say you you have something faulty with your addons (Obvisouly) Try uninstalling reinstalling, and if it doesnt work, delete the WoW Interface and WTF Folders. GL!

OT: I did some heroics and it's not too bad, I made so the columns are short as can be and there can only be one group per row.