Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    750ti is a horrible gpu, i see people linking it in new builds all the time. I certainly would not get one if you ever want to play any games other than wow. Which from time to time, im sure we all do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpinuk880 View Post
    750ti is a horrible gpu, i see people linking it in new builds all the time. I certainly would not get one if you ever want to play any games other than wow. Which from time to time, im sure we all do.
    In case you didn't notice, the original build contained that. The recommendation would be to get at least an R9-280, as the prices have generally fallen pretty low for those. However, that may not be possible to obtain, in which case the R9-270X is perfectly adequate.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Take a chill pill. You said it was a little behind, it is not. I can also link you other benchmarks showing other games where it just gets destroyed by the 270x. I also know that in cpu limiting situations, it might indeed be "little" behind the 270x. Still, for Qing he will have a better experience on a 270(x). That all being said, a 270 costs 10-20 euro's more than a 750ti over here. The 750 ti is just not worth considering in my opinion.

And do not think for a minute I don't know how that wow benchmark works Or wow in general and it's impact on gaming systems etc.
    lol Are you guys not reading my posts? I literally suggested Ten's build except to change the GPU to the 270X at minimum if he could afford the extra few dollars. My list went as followed 280X, GTX 760, 270X....which I forgot about the 280 thanks to being so damn hard to find information on it that it slipped my mind but someone pointed that out too. It was a simply additional suggestion to Ten's build and it seems everyone who responded didn't bother reading my post.

And the post wasn't angry. It's sitting here reading ignorance of people wanting to criticize something without reading and with you linking useless benchmarks instead of bothering to understanding why it's not a HUGE upgrade for WoW in general. If CPU bottlenecking wasn't a thing in WoW we'd be having a difference conversation but regardless it seems half of this conversation is based on the lack of people reading what my original post, which wasn't very long at all.

----------NOT RELEVANT TO TOPIC----------

And yea Target, my personal build was irrelevant, but we can make it relevant real quick to point a couple things.
    -Motherboard was a little overkill at the time of purchase but it went along with the black and blue scheme I originally had.
    -PSU unit I have was not the original. Was replaced because the original one's cabling was funky and I needed to replace it. Went through a couple Corsairs and they annoyed me so much I went overkill my choosing Seasonic's most high end so that there was no possible way I could be disappointed with it. I was right. I love that damn thing.
    -Both GPUs were overpriced. I bought one originally after some life problems to play games like BF4 the way I wanted to cope with the problems since my old GPU was getting outdated and I went with that model because at the time I was in the middle of grabbing a triple 144Hz monitor set up and needed the VRAM. Turns out I needed another card for more power so I bought another. No longer have the triple monitor set up, but the 4GB of VRAM still comes in handy. They're both overclocked pretty high as well anyways so not even mad.
    -CPU was good purchase at the time
    -RAM was a good purchase (OC'd to 1866Mhz with 9-9-9-24 timings with ease)
    -Cooler I'm not a fan of but I went for aesthetics that could offer performance in this case.
    -I hate Seagate with a passion but when I bought my original build WDs were around $250-$300 for 1TB due to the floor or whatever so I had a choice to make.
    -850 Pro SSD is well unnecessary but it had a promo so in the end it didn't cost me but a few dollars more than an 840 Evo would have so yea.
    -Love my G930s, hate my G710+ keyboard, and I love my G700s mouse.

Did I get it all or is there something else worth criticizing? I think I got every part. I wouldn't recommend much of this to anyone looking for the most performance on their dollar so my personal purchases are indeed irrelevant. Had this been an entire build that was built all at once the hardware would look differently, especially if half of it wasn't purchased many years ago. Hell I still don't like that I spent that much on my GPUs, but in the end I couldn't predict (or wait even) for the 970s and the 4GB 770s were fail safe for anything that might change or come out later since you couldn't really get 4GB without a Titan. 780tis didn't even exist when I bought those IIRC.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Gtx770s 4GB are fine gpu's. I got myself one on almost same price as the 2gb version. Don't regret it , 780s were 200euro more, wasn't worth it for me. And in before anyone says that is doesn't have the bus, i provided the math before that it does...

Deleted
    I'm not a mod but maybe we should get back on topic and wait for OP to report back. We can always chat about the other stuff here if we like
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-12-08 at 01:59 PM.

http://tweakers.net/categorie/49/vid...czNzQyUYmtrawE
    €177 for the cheapest R280 in the Netherlands. It says €172 but excluding shipping.

http://tweakers.net/categorie/49/vid...cyNDQ2UYmtrawE
    270X

http://tweakers.net/categorie/49/vid...3NjQQCm2trYWAA

http://tweakers.net/categorie/49/vid...3MjCQim2trYWAA
    280x

All the cards around the €125 to €200 mark with the prices for OP's country.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    http://tweakers.net/categorie/49/vid...czNzQyUYmtrawE
    €177 for the cheapest R280 in the Netherlands. It says €172 but excluding shipping.

http://tweakers.net/categorie/49/vid...cyNDQ2UYmtrawE
    270X

http://tweakers.net/categorie/49/vid...3NjQQCm2trYWAA

http://tweakers.net/categorie/49/vid...3MjCQim2trYWAA
    280x

All the cards around the €125 to €200 mark with the prices for OP's country.
    The link to the 280x is copied from the GTX 760, but I can't seem to find a 280X option on that site to correct it. Thanks for taking the time to link it either way. It's weird though that on that site (maybe just the country in general) the prices seem negligible between the 280, 760, and 270X.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I'm not a mod but maybe we should get back on topic and wait for OP to report back. We can always chat about the other stuff here if we like
    You brought it up. I'm just following up on the comments made.

And Kost I agree, the 4GB 770s are damn good GPUs especially when OC'd. Just probably isn't worth the price I paid for it looking back but I had a tough decision to make so I made it. 780s were a little more in price, but somewhere along the lines of less than $100 more. And at the end of the day at least the coolers on them are much higher end looking than the standard ones. A lot more heavy duty. And for the bus comment, I heard that a lot and it almost turned me away, but honestly I figured it was a bunch of bullshit and turns out it's been bullshit so far. It's taken advantage of the full 4GB before with no problem. It almost even handled the Shadow of Mordor (6GB req listed) but it very occasionally had hitches and wasn't worth looking at when it did actually happen. Glad to know you've done the math on it though. I've just been going by eye. Curious, do you have a source to that math or is it just something you cooked up one day and ditched? Would help the next time someone tries for that comment.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-12-08 at 02:44 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    The link to the 280x is copied from the GTX 760, but I can't seem to find a 280X option on that site to correct it. Thanks for taking the time to link it either way. It's weird though that on that site (maybe just the country in general) the prices seem negligible between the 280, 760, and 270X.
    For the 280x Or should be atleast.

And Kost I agree, the 4GB 770s are damn good GPUs especially when OC'd. Just probably isn't worth the price I paid for it looking back but I had a tough decision to make so I made it. 780s were a little more in price, but somewhere along the lines of less than $100 more. And at the end of the day at least the coolers on them are much higher end looking than the standard ones. A lot more heavy duty. And for the bus comment, I heard that a lot and it almost turned me away, but honestly I figured it was a bunch of bullshit and turns out it's been bullshit so far. It's taken advantage of the full 4GB before with no problem. It almost even handled the Shadow of Mordor (6GB req listed) but it very occasionally had hitches and wasn't worth looking at when it did actually happen. Glad to know you've done the math on it though. I've just been going by eye. Curious, do you have a source to that math or is it just something you cooked up one day and ditched? Would help the next time someone tries for that comment.
    Just because the 4 GB fills up, doesnt mean it is used effectively or that it performs better than a 2GB 770. Every review I have seen so far with a comparison with a 2GB vs 4 GB card, showed that there was hardly any difference between the two. Also the 4 GB 770 was in the price range of the 290, making it a useless card (imo) Unless you wanted to stick with Nvidia.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    For the 280x Or should be atleast.

Just because the 4 GB fills up, doesnt mean it is used effectively or that it performs better than a 2GB 770. Every review I have seen so far with a comparison with a 2GB vs 4 GB card, showed that there was hardly any difference between the two. Also the 4 GB 770 was in the price range of the 290, making it a useless card (imo) Unless you wanted to stick with Nvidia.
    I stuck with NVIDIA for Shadowplay and personal preference of just being accustomed to NVIDIA. I'm in no way biased against AMD, it's just sticking with what you know generally. In hindsight, I honestly would have liked to see how well AMD's Eyefinity performs because I was not impressed with NVIDIA's surround. It's why I don't currently have my 3 144Hz monitors anymore. Enabling and disabling it was a pain in the ass and most games I played didn't seem to look as well as I had hoped in the peripheral views.

Deleted
    You brought it up. I'm just following up on the comments made.
    Right and I also said:

I shouldn't have said anything, I didn't really mean to drag this discussion out, it's semi-irellavant to the topic in hand.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Right and I also said:
    But you did. You also showed that you didn't read my initial post on what I recommended if the budget allowed. I never recommended the 750ti.

Deleted
    But you did. You also showed that you didn't read my initial post on what I recommended if the budget allowed. I never recommended the 750ti.
    I read all of it. Can we move on now?

You can post some other comeback if you like to get the last word, I don't really care either way. Not going to clutter the topic with more irellevant stuff. In fact I haven't commented on the GPU debate since page 1 so no need to keep talking about your build and the 750ti anymore.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-12-08 at 04:40 PM.