Deleted

Desperate for help! CLRCMOS booting PC on and off

My computer starts up and then shuts down and does this on repeat automatically. I think I pressed CLRCMOS which I know has something to do with resetting the motherboard. The button that says CLRCMOS is red and stays lit up constantly. I believe my motherboard is a Asrock 77 extreme4.

Please help me out here.

http://www.manualowl.com/m/ASRock/Z7...268129?page=35

Can you check that the jumper on the CLRCMOS1 header is on pins 1+2 and not pins 2+3?

Deleted
    Okay. I've tried the 4 possible positions that the jumper can go in. (I think there is 4 because the 2 sides of the jumper look different

PC does not load up at all when 1 is open and 2 and 3 are short
    PC keeps booting on and off when 1 and 2 are short (jumper cap placed on) and 3 is open

Either way the computer doesn't boot normally. Please, any info you have guys.

(Using really slow net so will edit in a picture when possible) Picture:

- - - Updated - - -

I think I fixed it by taking out one of my RAM sticks and putting it back in. Seems to have done the trick.

When the jumper is over 2+3, it triggers a wipe of the CMOS. The PC will likely refuse to boot at all with that jumper on the "reset" position. It needs to be on 1+2 for the computer to remember CMOS settings when it boots.

I'd do a memory check...best way is to test one stick in at a time.... I like using memtest on a flash drive...but many rigs have onboard tests too....or go into BIO.s...

you want to make sure your not gwetting errors caue it will slowly corrupt your hardrive.