Thread: New Computer

New Computer

Hey, I'm in need of a new laptop and I'm looking for one that i could get cheap that will allow me to play games (WoW) but also be able to do my school work. I have no idea what to get could you guys please help with suggestions if you could post links to the computer that would be great! thanks guys!

Deleted
    What is cheap to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your price limit, what are you looking to do with it, what manufacturers do you like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

i was looking to spend around 700, but I've been seeing a lot of computers are on sale because it's christmas time and the manufacturer doesn't really make a difference to me

Deleted
    Do you have access to a copy of Windows or do you need that to be included in the ~$700?

I'd need it included

Quote Originally Posted by batmansymbol View Post
    Hey, I'm in need of a new laptop and I'm looking for one that i could get cheap that will allow me to play games (WoW) but also be able to do my school work. I have no idea what to get could you guys please help with suggestions if you could post links to the computer that would be great! thanks guys!
    Don't buy a laptop to game with, especially when you're on a budget.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna chime in here to say don't game on a laptop. It's pointless.

-Bad graphics. Parts are made to not be optimized to fit into a small case. You literally sacrificing performance for mobility.
    -I hope you like to spill hot chili in your lap, because that's what it feels like to game on a gaming laptop. It's gets absurdly hot, and usually overheats and turns off.
    -You really are not going to get an enjoyable experience.

My recommendation? Buy a 300 dollar notebook strictly for school, and save up 1k-1.2k (US) for a "I can play whatever the hell I want" tower PC that can scream.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    My recommendation? Buy a 300 dollar notebook strictly for school, and save up 1k-1.2k (US) for a "I can play whatever the hell I want" tower PC that can scream.
    I was going to suggest the same thing. As much as an idea of a mobile gaming computer sounds awesome, a laptop today is not a competitor to a fully functional PC, not even close. Laptop can be bought for next to nothing, say, even for $100 if money is an issue, and as such you have $600 from your budget freed for a gaming PC. Save a bit more and buy a solid rig for $900 - it will perform 10 times better than a laptop for $700.

I have an older asus gaming rig comes with a graphics card and some decent cooling system for a laptop but the thing cost 1700 bucks..lol

for the money desktop is way better and much easier to clean and keep cool.