Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Imperator Mar'gok help and tips please.

My guilds made several pulls on him but never seen the second transition. We make it past the first and then seem to slowly just kinda die off. We seem to do fine with running the arcane wrath outside the raid (we just have effected person run out and our picked mage help them run it far outa the group). Is there any specific notes to dealing with Arcane wrath in different phases besides what we are doing? We are a group of 19 and run 4 healers.

tank him in a corner and taunt him into another corner for every mark of chaos and make sure ranged aren't dying to it either

and for the branded, it always goes to the closest person to you within X yards and there are lines that show you how far you can go, so just have 2 ranged inch out until 4-6 stacks

other than that, it's just on healers to not go oom and dps to take as little damage as possible as almost all damage in this fight, even force nova, can be minimized to very high degrees

and make sure tanks are prepared for the 2nd transition, the add hits like a truck

This fight is proving to be very un-doable. I have made it to 15% many times but healer mana is BONE DRY at that point. This fight currently requires all players to be pulling very good numbers. 18K+ DPS, 20K+ HPS and extreme raid awareness to absolutely minimize raid damage.

Quote Originally Posted by tkbaby13 View Post
    This fight is proving to be very un-doable. I have made it to 15% many times but healer mana is BONE DRY at that point. This fight currently requires all players to be pulling very good numbers. 18K+ DPS, 20K+ HPS and extreme raid awareness to absolutely minimize raid damage.
    ...sounds like a well-designed end boss.

Though, admittedly, he's probably a wee bit overtuned at this point.

It's the first week of raiding. It's a good thing you're having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...sounds like a well-designed end boss.

Though, admittedly, he's probably a wee bit overtuned at this point.
    Well designed but definitely overtuned for normal...

Our best attempts last night were just about 16%, and we really gave it all we got, sadly we didn't get it down because of a tank death.
    The last phase doesn't seem very hard on HC, but the second intermission carries into the fourth phase for us, as we still have a Warmage up by the time the first Aberration spawns, and after that first aberration is dead, we go back on the Warmage, and then a new Aberration spawns. It seems like after you kill that second Aberration, you got it down, unless there's too many people dead in the raid.

Deleted
    Well designed but definitely overtuned for normal...
    Flex garrosh was easier when people would do it in 520 ilvl? Because that's the gap now if you'd have a 635ish team and endboss drops 655 loot.

Well if you got an Aberration problem while a Warmage is still alive, you need more dps.
    Use bloodlust and potion on this intermission. And all your damage dealer should be on them, not cleaving.
    If you can't pass this phase even without a death and all cooldown, you're undergeared or using too many healers.

Deleted
    Drop a healer if at all possible. The HPS requirements on Imperator seem steep, but the fact of the matter is that there's actually relatively little unavoidable damage, and a large part of the unavoidable damage is better dealt with by killing the source quickly than bringing an extra healer.

The only sources of damage that are genuinely unavoidable are pulsing AoE from Abberations, Warmage Fixates, Force Nova, Arcane Wrath, and Volatility Anomalies. Abberations do by far the most of this unavoidable AoE, and Volatile Anomalies are much easier to deal with if you simply kill them at a steady pace. It really is a fight where you want to bring only as many healers as absolutely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    Well if you got an Aberration problem while a Warmage is still alive, you need more dps.
    Use bloodlust and potion on this intermission. And all your damage dealer should be on them, not cleaving.
    If you can't pass this phase even without a death and all cooldown, you're undergeared or using too many healers.
    We use Hero and pots on the Reaver, and single target it down, then we switch to a Warmage, kill it, get the second Warmage to about 50%, then the first Aberration spawns.

And yes, we're a bit undergeared AFAIK.

is this normal or hc we are talking?

some tacs: use aspects/roars in p2 whenever a nova comes to minimize the dmg from it.
    hmm, the obvious one, dont step in mines.
    you seem to be dealing with wrath the right way so no comment there. mage might not be best class thou but thats up to you.
    the mark shouldnt be a problem, in the phase where the tank gets rooted just have the raid move, in all other phases the tank can run off by himself and raid needs not bother.
    Dont overnuke the exploding adds.
    have focused targets run away from the grp in intermission.
    in p3. Have rotation on cds that help heal the raid up, alot of nova dmg in this phase.
    We found that the best place to hero was in the 2nd intermission on the reaver, it hurts as fuck and its nice to have warmages dead be4 replicating aberration spawns.
    IN p4, spread out so you dont splash eachother to death when nova come. adds>boss dps prio.
    Overall, the only issue with this fight whould be the healer mana as intermissions and p3 are all pretty healing heavy.

Was an amazing fight, 10 tries at Normal, then we change difficult, wiped more 20 times, remove about 3-4 players in this whole process and finally kill it 5/12 with 20M.

They key on that fight is movement and spreading, learning who and when "in and out some enemies" helps u pretty much on balacing when to do what u need to do.

It is not overtuned. This fight is very comparable to Garrosh, in terms of end boss tuning, and it should stay where it is (honestly, it's a little easier imo).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Flex garrosh was easier when people would do it in 520 ilvl? Because that's the gap now if you'd have a 635ish team and endboss drops 655 loot.
    You can compare Garrosh to Blackhand, not Imperator ...

People forget this is not the last boss of this tier, far from it.

Deleted
    It's no where near as difficult as you are making it out. It's just a lot harder then the other bosses yes but it's a final boss, you don't need to min-max your raid to kill it. You just need people who 1) Know how to DPS 2) Know how to move out of mines 3) Healers who know how to conserve mana and 4) DPS who know how to save their CDs for intermission phases.

Well as far as tuning goes, I will say Imperator is MUCH more difficult than any other boss in the instance by leaps and bounds. Which i'd say is fine for an end boss, but the difficulty increase is dramatic from all the other bosses, which seems a little off to me.

Also he is much harder to kill than flex garrosh was the first week flex raiding opened in SOO. Like waaay harder. I mean yeah scrubby pug groups you got together might wipe to flex garrosh, but going in with a guild group with full consumables and shit, flex garrosh was a joke, even straight out of the gate, as long as people knew the encounter. Imperator is quite a bit different and far more difficult (relatively speaking).

That said, the fight is entirely doable and just involves minimizing raid damage. When adds spawn, kill them immediately with all DPS to stop their raid-wide damage.

Mark of chaos should never damage anyone if you're doing it right.

Mines should never damage anyone if you're doing it right, gotta watch for the add in phase 2 dying that does a knockback, plus the force wave knock back, gotta be careful with positioning on both to ensure you dont land on a mine.

For us, the hardest part of the whole fight was going between the 2nd transition and phase 4. On the first transition, druid starfall was obliterating the little arcane add dudes and that was good because if you kill all 3 (or at least almost kill all 3) before the next 3 spawn consistently, you only have to deal with a couple of explosions at a time. If you don't aoe them enough during this phase, you'll most likely get to the end of the phase with a bunch of them still alive and from there you'll have problems because cleave is gonna start killing them quickly and blowing up your raid. 2 Druids using starfall seems ideal for dealing with these adds because all your dps are busy killing ogres and can't be bothered to attack adds, so its mostly starfall + tank damage killing them, but that is sufficient to keep them dying at a steady pace to prevent unruly raid damage.

However on the second transition, the game changes. I'm not sure if they have more health (probably) or if the druids are positioned differently so starfall wasnt hitting them or whatever, but at any rate we always ended up in a situation with a bunch of them up at once because they weren't dying fast enough. At this point, nothing to do but single target them down. Coupled with tank swaps on the big melee ogre and so on, this transition phase leading to phase 4 was the hardest part of the fight by far.

Phase 4 it's self is easier than that transition, but still harder than the other phases.

Just keep working at it. Your DPS, tanks, and healers all need to be on the ball for this one.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Well as far as tuning goes, I will say Imperator is MUCH more difficult than any other boss in the instance by leaps and bounds. Which i'd say is fine for an end boss, but the difficulty increase is dramatic from all the other bosses, which seems a little off to me.
    I haven't done him yet because we only start raiding next week, but from this alone, it sounds like another Firelands Ragnaros. Were the whole instance is pretty much on one level of difficulty - and then you get to the endboss, who turns out to be a brickwall in comparison to the other bosses. And I think Blizzard said back then that they wanted a steady increase in difficulty instead of a sudden jump.

I have no problem with hard bosses, I also like end bosses being harder. But if the jump in difficulty is basically like jumping from normal to heroic, then something imo is just off.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    It's no where near as difficult as you are making it out. It's just a lot harder then the other bosses yes but it's a final boss, you don't need to min-max your raid to kill it. You just need people who 1) Know how to DPS 2) Know how to move out of mines 3) Healers who know how to conserve mana and 4) DPS who know how to save their CDs for intermission phases.
    You basically just repeated what I said. Good DPS, good healers, raid awareness to not run out of mana. I don't consider 18K DPS or 20K HPS exceptional numbers...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Also he is much harder to kill than flex garrosh was the first week flex raiding opened in SOO. Like waaay harder. I mean yeah scrubby pug groups you got together might wipe to flex garrosh, but going in with a guild group with full consumables and shit, flex garrosh was a joke, even straight out of the gate, as long as people knew the encounter. Imperator is quite a bit different and far more difficult (relatively speaking).
    Not that hard when you outgear it. Just full normal ToT gear with legendary cloak gave you 535 ilvl and garrosh only dropped 540 gear. Right now the gap is 15-20 ilvls for most groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    You can compare Garrosh to Blackhand, not Imperator ...

People forget this is not the last boss of this tier, far from it.
    Last boss of an instance is always a bump up. Making for example nazgrim hard and then next couple of bosses easier would not make sense.