Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Are you playing "standard" CoP? If you are playing DoTWeave, your Mind Spike dmg is way too high
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Why would dotless CoP be stronger than weaving? I mean, you would lose your VT and pain ticks while flaying, and that's almost 15 seconds per weaving-interval.
    Not really stronger but easy as hell to execute. If you run Mind bender you don't even need to flay at all just pure MS, MB and DP damage. I find it superior to test dps as you don't need to account for sub optimal rotation execution.

With around 17% haste you can do a smooth 3 ms 1 mb rotation.

first off you need gnosis. elvui castbar doesnt account for the added tick on insanity. you will have to edit gnosis in your options->channeled spells-> mind flay + insanity. you have to set the values from 3/4 to 4/5.

then the rotation i am using (which seems to be what most people over at howtopriest.com are running) is:
    MB>MS3x until 4 orbs then
    MS MS SWP MB VT DP INS (1 gcd) MB INS (full channel) DP MB INS(clip at second tick, which is 1 gcd) INS (Full channel) MB MS3x until 4 orbs again.

this should up the %dmg done by insanity quite a bit and reduce the % dmg from mind spike.

obviously rotations change as your haste level changes, but this helped me a lot.

Do you have the Glyph of Mind Harvest thing that gives you 3 orbs on new targets of Mind Blast? It seems that you are not getting nearly enough MB for the MS damage to be higher than your MB damage.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reyu View Post
    then the rotation i am using (which seems to be what most people over at howtopriest.com are running) is:
    MB>MS3x until 4 orbs then
    MS MS SWP MB VT DP INS (1 gcd) MB INS (full channel) DP MB INS(clip at second tick, which is 1 gcd) INS (Full channel) MB MS3x until 4 orbs again.

this should up the %dmg done by insanity quite a bit and reduce the % dmg from mind spike.

obviously rotations change as your haste level changes, but this helped me a lot.
    I'll look into Gnosis - but that aside I'm more or less using the exact same rotation as you, the only thing that's different is that I'm clipping the second Insanity instead of the first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    Do you have the Glyph of Mind Harvest thing that gives you 3 orbs on new targets of Mind Blast? It seems that you are not getting nearly enough MB for the MS damage to be higher than your MB damage.
    No, I'm running Mind Blast, SW and Reflective Shields as major glyphs.

Everyone tells me that MB damage should be higher, but I'm using it on CD and MS ALWAYS ends up on top.

Deleted
    Your gems are wrong, your gear choices are wrong, your enchants are wrong, your talents are wrong, your glyphs are wrong. Now lets talk about why.

Your stat priority for CoP in Highmaul is Haste > Multistrike > Crit = Mastery > Versatility. You are gemming for crit. Why?

Int = 1.0000
    Spell Power = 0.8820
    Crit = 0.5522
    Haste = 0.5796
    Mastery = 0.5210
    Multistrike = 0.5749
    Versatility = 0.4863
    DPS (Pure Damage) = 0.1572

Now lets talk about Glyphs as that pretty much covers your gemming, gear choices and enchants. Why do you have MB glyph when your MB is already instant? Nothing really special to fill the slot but reduces silence CD or higher VE healing is better than useless glyph. Next is your talents, why are you running body and soul? Firstly, you should be careful shielding yourself and others as it will annoy your disc priests and lastly, feathers is better in every single way.

Overall, your probably low on DPS because your have badly optimised your character. I suggest you at least follow the stat priorities above.
    Last edited by mmocfa5c6e7ca4; 2014-12-08 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Shadows the strongest caster right now lol. Not sure how you could be at the bottom of the meters.
    Oh drye, you sly dog.
    You know exactly how :^)
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

And none of the above even comes close to making a difference, compared to him actually playing his char the correct way (referring to post #27).

The more likely explaination is that he has downtimes in his rotation, and/or not casting MB on CD.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2014-12-08 at 11:31 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're casting MSp 3 times between MBs, you're delaying MB. Don't do that.

My favorite explanation so far comes from Piousflea over at H2P, check out this post.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lekiki View Post
    Your gems are wrong, your gear choices are wrong, your enchants are wrong, your talents are wrong, your glyphs are wrong. Now lets talk about why.

Your stat priority for CoP in Highmaul is Haste > Multistrike > Crit = Mastery > Versatility. You are gemming for crit. Why?

Int = 1.0000
    Spell Power = 0.8820
    Crit = 0.5522
    Haste = 0.5796
    Mastery = 0.5210
    Multistrike = 0.5749
    Versatility = 0.4863
    DPS (Pure Damage) = 0.1572

Now lets talk about Glyphs as that pretty much covers your gemming, gear choices and enchants. Why do you have MB glyph when your MB is already instant? Nothing really special to fill the slot but reduces silence CD or higher VE healing is better than useless glyph. Next is your talents, why are you running body and soul? Firstly, you should be careful shielding yourself and others as it will annoy your disc priests and lastly, feathers is better in every single way.

Overall, your probably low on DPS because your have badly optimised your character. I suggest you at least follow the stat priorities above.
    Point taken on the glyphs and talent. I've fixed those up but, like you said, glyphs and talents aren't going to affect DPS.

As for the stat priority - I've been using Icyveins (rightly or wrongly, I'm not sure), and they've recommended Crit and MS for DotWeave COP build.

1.2.2. Clarity of Power Lite, DoT Weaving, or Multiple Target

Intellect;
    Spell Power;
    Multistrike;
    Critical Strike;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    Oh drye, you sly dog.
    You know exactly how :^)
    Aw, cmon. I know I'm doing stuff wrong, that's why I'm asking for help!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zych View Post
    If you're casting MSp 3 times between MBs, you're delaying MB. Don't do that.

My favorite explanation so far comes from Piousflea over at H2P, check out this post.
    I have been considering whether to go 2 or 3 MS before MB, but I find that if I only do 2, I'm waiting a second or so for MB to come off CD.
    I ran my armory page through Simcraft and it recommended 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given enough time, Blizz will break any rule, and the ABC is no exception. Currently I'm waiting less than half a global to MB after my 2nd spike. Never delay your orb generators..

You're correct that your talents & glyphs aren't going to make a huge difference, and neither are your secondaries. I would recommend following the weights that Lekiki posted, those are averaged across all fight styles and overall will work fine, though being mastery heavy in Highmaul isn't a bad thing. Crit is good for AS, but not as good for CoP and at this point we just can't get enough to make it worth stacking. Personally I'm looking for Haste & Mastery gear and grabbing Multi if I can get it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zych View Post
    Given enough time, Blizz will break any rule, and the ABC is no exception. Currently I'm waiting less than half a global to MB after my 2nd spike. Never delay your orb generators.
    So its worth waiting out part of a GCD to get the MB as soon as it comes off CD?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WP1GnrpxM8FCYaQ3#fight=37&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%241628989 83.0.0.Priest%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240

FWIW, these are my logs from a Ko'Ragh kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    God I cannot wait for CoP to fall behind void entropy and/or them to become on-par. I do not like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimsonmyst View Post
    So its worth waiting out part of a GCD to get the MB as soon as it comes off CD?
    No. Do not wait the almost-one GCD for MB. Use the 3rd Mind Spike. Unless Zych can produce any decent logs with that system, it's not worth talking about right now.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ny%24false%240

FWIW, these are my logs from a Ko'Ragh kill.
    Here's some things I saw in your logs:

1. You have far too few uses of Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death. In 7+ minutes, you should have easily 70+ Mind Blast casts. You also only have 6 Shadow Word: Death casts. Shadow Word: Death more, Mind Blast more.

2. On top of not generating as many orbs as you can, you seem to have wasted orbs. Unless for some reason you used Psychic Horror, you used 54 orbs from 18 DP casts, but you generated 65 orbs from Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death. Do not waste orbs.

3. You didn't seem to recast Shadowfiend. Use it more. You should get 3 casts in on a 7 minute fight. This is smaller than the other things, but this is a very easy fix. Replace a Mind Spike with this when you can.

Also, your guildmate Gumbootz isn't weaving correctly, and also seems to hate casting Shadow Word: Death.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Invrnc View Post
    No. Do not wait the almost-one GCD for MB. Use the 3rd Mind Spike. Unless Zych can produce any decent logs with that system, it's not worth talking about right now.

Here's some things I saw in your logs:

1. You have far too few uses of Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death. In 7+ minutes, you should have easily 70+ Mind Blast casts. You also only have 6 Shadow Word: Death casts. Shadow Word: Death more, Mind Blast more.

2. On top of not generating as many orbs as you can, you seem to have wasted orbs. Unless for some reason you used Psychic Horror, you used 54 orbs from 18 DP casts, but you generated 65 orbs from Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death. Do not waste orbs.

3. You didn't seem to recast Shadowfiend. Use it more. You should get 3 casts in on a 7 minute fight. This is smaller than the other things, but this is a very easy fix. Replace a Mind Spike with this when you can.

Also, your guildmate Gumbootz isn't weaving correctly, and also seems to hate casting Shadow Word: Death.
    Thanks for the advice. As an addition to what you've already said about not wasting orbs, should I always wait until 4 to start my weave rotation? Or if it means not wasting them do I burn 3 for DP early?

I wait till 5, start the dots, DP, MB right away to put me back at 3, 2 full insanity channels, DP, MB, 2 full Insanity clears. By the time all this is done, your SW: Pain should be off by the time your MSp is finished casting. I'm not sure if I'm doing the exact same DoTWeave DP/MB/Insanity rotation as others.