Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    I can say for sure that 14 heroic kills won't trigger mythic missions, since that's what happened to me.
    But reading comments across several boards I get the impression that the 1000g bonus for mythic raiders needs less than 15 mythic kills to be triggered.
    Agreed with this - the kill counter was definitely 15. Lots of 14's lost out on the mythic chest.

What mythic requires (who knows it may even be 1 mythic kill?) may be a lot lower due to the gold required, or they may have other criteria that can fulfil such as X amount of weeks of kills, or just have lowered it since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Got 17 Normal kills and today my Highmaul Cache was Heroic

2 weeks ago I had around 7. So the 15 kill theory appears to be legit. Rather its more or less than 15 can be argued. But 17 normal kills, and I only have been doing Karg, Butcher, Tectus, Twins and Bracken. Haven't killed Kor or Impregnator yet (I'm still a newbie)

Still waiting on first HM mission to pop on an alt after soon to be 2 weeks of having multiple 650 followers. dont know whats causing this. main+ another alt got it instantly when they hit 3x 645
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

The RNG is far too high. I spent so much time in my garrison and ran 3 highmaul missions so far, all with 100% so that shows how much effort I put in my followers. 2 mythic items, ring from first boss which I already had and belt which I already had from trash. While other guildies who spend far less effort get socketed trinkets from imperator with their 75%missions they put far less effort in. I really feel you shouldn't be able to get items you already have, feels really annoying having to disenchant both my rewards after spending so much time on it.

Deleted
    The most important question is: do double kills in a single lockout count towards the 15?

With double kills counting, I have 14 hc kills so far (2x Butcher this week) and I would be able to kill Kargath once more to get to the 15 mark this week in order to get the mythic cache after reset.

Otherwise I would have 13 kills and wouldn't be able to get the mythic cache if the mission pops up next week unless I still clear Koragh and Imperator hc this week (no chance on that happening with a pug lol, my guild is on a break until early January)

Anyone who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaeral View Post
    The most important question is: do double kills in a single lockout count towards the 15?
    Yes, double (or more) kills in the same lockout counts towards the 15.

Last saturday I got my mythic cache. It gave me gloves with prismatic socket from the butcher. I got sad at first because I was hoping for a trinket or something more useful and it was a small upgrade but then I remembered it is BoE so I put it on AH. It sold in 2 days for 120k, so I am pretty happy about it
    Last edited by Zaroch; 2014-12-29 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaroch View Post
    Yes, double (or more) kills in the same lockout counts towards the 15.

Last saturday I got my mythic cache. It gave me gloves with prismatic socket from the butcher. I got sad first because I was hoping for a trinket or something more useful and it was a small upgrade but then I remembered it is BoE so I put it on AH. It sold in 2 days for 120k, so I am pretty happy about it
    Sweet! That's great to hear. I will be doing another Kargath hc then in case I get the mission next week (completed my normal one about a week ago iirc)

I don't think this magic "15" number is very accurate.

I counted up all of my Normal kills, and they amounted to 24. Killed Imperator on Normal last night, pushing my total kills up to 25, and when I woke up this morning, I had a Highmaul mission for a Heroic piece.

I haven't killed 15 bosses this lockout, just 7/7 norm and 5/7 heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

I counted up all of my Normal kills, and they amounted to 24. Killed Imperator on Normal last night, pushing my total kills up to 25, and when I woke up this morning, I had a Highmaul mission for a Heroic piece.

What?

You get a highmaul cache every 2 weeks (that time isn't confirmed, some ppl had longer wait times). The quality of that cache is determined by your amount of kills. Since you had >15 normal kills, you got a heroic cache.

Nothing to do with your kill of imp yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Noone said it's per lockout and noone said it would appear immediately after you hit the kill requirement. You are still on the 2 week~ mission cooldown everytime you do highmaul regardless of whether you qualify for a higher tier one midway through the 'cooldown'.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Noone said it's per lockout and noone said it would appear immediately after you hit the kill requirement. You are still on the 2 week~ mission cooldown everytime you do highmaul regardless of whether you qualify for a higher tier one midway through the 'cooldown'.
    True! I went straight from 655 to a 685 mission. Did not even got the heroic because of the 2 week CD.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    What?

You get a highmaul cache every 2 weeks (that time isn't confirmed, some ppl had longer wait times). The quality of that cache is determined by your amount of kills. Since you had >15 normal kills, you got a heroic cache.

Nothing to do with your kill of imp yesterday.
    I'm still really confused about how this whole thing works.

So...you get a Highmaul mission every 2 weeks, and whether it's norm/heroic/mythic depends on how many kills you've had in those difficulties? Total, or per those 2 weeks?

And why did my Highmaul mission not pop up until this morning? Monday isn't reset day, Tuesday is.

As for this week's cache...got a ring. Already had 655/680 rings. Ech.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-12-29 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    So far I have finished two raid missions, and both gave me the very same item
    Annoyingly, the same. My druid got 2x Scales of Doom, the second had a socket, so was slightly better. My rogue for 2x the same cloak, so one got DE'd. Kinda annoying.

Deleted
    I have a question that I can'd find answered anywhere, but can the caches actually contain ANY piece from the raid, or just certain slots? I was told earlier that weapons were not obtainable via the caches, and want to know if there's anyone who can bust that theory.

I have done 3 Highmaul missions so far. 2 100% and one failed 98%. The first I got before we cleared Regular, which was the one that failed for 655. After we cleared regular my next one was for a 655 I got a Helm, which I completed. The last one finished this morning and it was for Heroic 670, which I got the Leather BOE gloves.

Our raid progress is mediocre, 7/7N(2 Clears) 5/7H ( 2x at 5/7)

14x655 Followers 5x 645 Followers 6x 630+ followers, few inactive <100 Followers

I'm still really confused about how this whole thing works.

So...you get a Highmaul mission every 2 weeks, and whether it's norm/heroic/mythic depends on how many kills you've had in those difficulties? Total, or per those 2 weeks?

And why did my Highmaul mission not pop up until this morning? Monday isn't reset day, Tuesday is.

As for this week's cache...got a ring. Already had 655/680 rings. Ech.
    Ok, while we don't currently know if there's any decay (honestly given the kill count requirement I'm tempted to believe there isn't) - but you need a TOTAL of 15 kills on the difficulty ever. You can get them all in 1 week or you can get 1 every week for 15 weeks (in theory), anywhere in between. You do not need to have killed the last boss and infact can have 15 kargath kills if you so choose.

You get your first highmaul mission sometime after you have 2 645 ilvl (or more/higher) followers. This is the earliest, and ofcourse you have a very low chance of success with just that but it's just to be eligible for them to spawn.

Highmaul missions spawn cooldown is 2 weeks. That means once you get one (assuming it's from the time received not the time finished - not sure on this either but I imagine someone else can confirm if its received) you can't get another for 2 weeks at minimum. This is not related to the weekly raid reset at all and in no way interacts with it as far as I'm aware.

As at least one unlucky person has noted (and given mine have arrived on different days) you are not guaranteed to receive a mission every 2 weeks, it is only the minimum.

Deleted
    Not sure if someone has already answered this question but here goes. I just got a highmaul mission for heroic cache and I have 12 HC kills in highmaul currently. Now the question here is does the mission get "upgraded" if I kill 3 or more hc bosses before completing the mission ( I would assume no) or does the mission reappear after 1 week if I fail it (I remember hearing rumors about it)? I have bunch of 670 loot so I would rather make sure I get upgrade after 1 week as mythic loot if it comes after 1 week.

The mission will not upgade once it has appeared if you meet a higher criteria. when I failed it took 2 weeks to reappear still but it could be true (not heard anything about it personally), and I have no idea what happens if you let it expire but assume you have to wait for the next natural 2 week pop up.

Deleted
    For those of you failing the Highmaul missions, I don't know if this has been pointed out yet but this page shows you all of the counters that you will need for those missions.

There are 4 Highmaul missions available and one is picked at random each time you get it. I have followers with all counters necessary for any of the 4 missions so I have a guaranteed 100% success rate on any of those.

If you tailor your gearing process to followers who have the appropriate counters, you can ensure a guaranteed success. It doesn't just have to be the 9 threat counters either, you can play on the traits too; two traits tends to equal one threat counter

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can take this mission and... yeah. 0-4 with this mission all followers I sent had at least 645 gear - 95%, 91%, 83% and 71% all failed. I use the garrison addon to help manage which followers are best suited for each mission. What really pisses me off is that a guy in my guild has had 100% success with 4 missions each mission was no greater than an 80% of success.

I realize this is an RNG issue and some people just have 'bad' luck. What I really believe is going on here is that Blizzard ear marks accounts that perhaps have had issues and you get totally fucked with loot. I've done full clears on normal/heroic the last 3 weeks and, though I don't like it my guild uses a need > greed system, 0 wins on rolls. 0 wins on world bosses and a total of 15 used coins.