Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What is there to learn? Managing anticipation stacks is easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points <--- you guys should all learn new cp mechanics
    Blizzard over and over again just continues to ignore the Rogue Community while coming up with excuses. "More Haste will fix it!" "Rogues are still dealing with changes to CP's!"

Okay Blizzard, you got us.

Quote Originally Posted by keklord View Post
    What is there to learn? Managing anticipation stacks is easy
    it's a reference to the wow dev interview that just happened on twitch. they basically said we're fine, l2p combo points. then they made a joke about how no one's been playing rogue for 3 expansions now and they all laughed together.

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    it's a reference to the wow dev interview that just happened on twitch. they basically said we're fine, l2p combo points. then they made a joke about how no one's been playing rogue for 3 expansions now and they all laughed together.
    Seriously? wow... thank god WoD is a giant stinking pile of horse shit or I might have been offended by that.

Combat needs haste. You no have haste. You no dps. Get more haste. Then more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindr View Post
    Keklord - first of all - Glyph of Energy, 15% haste is very low, you should go for haste and multistrike on your gear.
    Feederino - same as Kek - too little haste, too much mastery, bad trinkets and i'm not so dure about DfA.
    Yeah, had no luck what so ever with trinket drops so far.. No HC dungeons want to drop them for me, and I never get any follower mission with trinket (Except that 615), or from CM cases. And yeah, I was playing Sub, then the axe dropped in normal and then I got the fist on HC so decided to go combat, should I go HC dungeons and just farm out 630 gear with haste on? Would be awesome to up my dps some before next raid.
    Though I am mostly at top dps in my guild (So many slackers..), only a little bit behind on singletarget fights now that I am combat.
    Also, I though DfA was good because of the CP generation from it? (I get 3 CPs total when I land, so that is one/two SS then I can Evi again). But should I just go with Venom Rush?

Also, is Anticipitation better than MoD? I feel I generate CPs so slow that it isn't that useful.. Then again, new to combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I found a significant dps increase when I hit around that 17-18% haste mark. Also DfA is garbage for combat. Pretty sure every sim had it at a dps loss. Try out Shadow Reflection instead. Also the trinket from Everbloom is pretty damn helpful early on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Combat is ONLY good for Cleaves. I am currently playing Combat for anything with cleave and playing Sub for single target fights. If you are playing Combat single target, more or less you are just hogging down your raid group.
    Except butcher is the only pure single target fight in the whole raid. I agree it's much easier to pull bigger numbers with other specs in such fights though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorc View Post
    I found a significant dps increase when I hit around that 17-18% haste mark. Also DfA is garbage for combat. Pretty sure every sim had it at a dps loss. Try out Shadow Reflection instead. Also the trinket from Everbloom is pretty damn helpful early on.
    Venom rush synergizes best with combat afaik, and basically removes the energy regen loss from BF.
    Last edited by mmoc487ac5fab0; 2014-12-08 at 02:54 AM.

Deleted
    SR is a massive on demand burst on a 2min cd, tho it need to be executed well. My personal favorite for raids, be it for combat or assa (that got me a 80k initial burst on Twin Ogron Hc, ended up with something around 28k speced combat, total item level 656 with 646 main hand & 640 off).
    Then again, haste helps a lot, but it's not that good as to pass higher item level gear without. I run combat with over 1k crit, around 800 mastery and ~350 haste only (8% versatility...duh) and like 10% multi. Gotta wear whar you get ^^'

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, combat's gameplay has much more depth than simply " keep up snd and rvs while doing 5cp evis"...
    The spec is about manipulating BG in order to align deep insight with cds. I agree that it is an entire universe easier than it was on mop, since you don't have Blades, AoC and ridiculous haste to let you fit like 10 killing sprees in a single fight, but that one KS that went out of cd the exact second that you've lost your deep insight could've done 50% more damage with a little better control of timers..

Like people said, it's all about planning.

Do you wait with KS and AR for the first red BG? So tempting to just pop it right away..
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Its funny how combat rogues needs haste, but even on our 680 epic ring, there is none. OR at least on mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you don't wait.

Deleted
    I did 21.500 on a recent Butcher HC kill where i died in the end at enrage timer. Will be somewhat higher when I stay alive throughout. That was with VR. I just today switched to SR, which I believe will give abit more.

653 equipped - 22200dps in Shadowcraft
    Last edited by mmoc981c1efc62; 2014-12-08 at 08:51 AM.

Is it true that SR doesnt cleave? even when i have bladefurry on it only does singletarget damage.
    And it's pretty much on par with VR, right?
    If i use SR, should i wait with the second one for deep insight and/or KR?

Isn't it a problem with SR, as AR and KS get reduced CD with the passive thingy that I can't recall what is called, while SR does not? So to time them together, you have to delay other CDs etc. Think I read that somewhere.. Then again, as I've mentiond - rather new to combat rogue, and haven't really played rogue since DS times.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Isn't it a problem with SR, as AR and KS get reduced CD with the passive thingy that I can't recall what is called, while SR does not? So to time them together, you have to delay other CDs etc. Think I read that somewhere.. Then again, as I've mentiond - rather new to combat rogue, and haven't really played rogue since DS times.
    Yes SR's cooldown is not reduced, that is why i am asking, if i should delay it to get into deep insight (or delay that to wait for SR get off cd) or for example wait for Killingspree if it's less than 20s for example

Combat is ONLY good for Cleaves. I am currently playing Combat for anything with cleave and playing Sub for single target fights. If you are playing Combat single target, more or less you are just hogging down your raid group.
    Heroic Butcher with 27 people and 655 daggers, was pulling 21.5 but it was a shitty kill and most of us died at the very endish. Much more dps than I could do Combat at the time before I got my 2nd heroic wep.
    I was pulling 22K dps as combat singletarget with 640 weapons as combat, you really are not "hogging down your raid group" by playing combat rogue, even on singletarget atm because there really isnt that many items in Highmaul that's great for sub, with 655 weapons I could probably do about 1.5k-2k more.

Oh btw, tried VR and Anticipation tonight at HC Butcher, pulled around 19-20k dps. Have to practice my CD management, so I use KS when I got my Deep Insight, and to pile up 4 Anticipation stacks, so I can toss out two quick Evis.
    But yeah, think I gained 1k dps from a couple of hours of raiding tonight, no upgrades or anything, just practice, practice and practice. I totally miss reforge though, would love to be able to get more haste out of my gear.

Deleted
    im in the same situation as OP. Picked up Kargaths Bladefist, but lacking haste. Been getting a few items with haste and the gameplay is starting to feel smoother.

You have, for example, a BoE belt from Highmaul: http://www.wowhead.com/item=119335&bonus=0 it helps if you can afford it. I picked up HC version for 35k.