Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Stop fighting with each other, please, and keep the thread on track
    But we're rage capped.
    But seriously, I'm not even at cap and Shield barrier is so shitty right now.

If it doesn't scale with gear, prot warriors are fucking garbage in unavoidable damage fights now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    But we're rage capped.
    But seriously, I'm not even at cap and Shield barrier is so shitty right now.

If it doesn't scale with gear, prot warriors are fucking garbage in unavoidable damage fights now
    I feel you. My warrior tank never uses it, not even for magic damage. It just does nothing for me. I can't even take a single spell as a full absorb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I feel you. My warrior tank never uses it, not even for magic damage. It just does nothing for me. I can't even take a single spell as a full absorb.
    On the common occasion I have to tank as Fury, my Shield Barrier absorbs 4500 as base. Bosses are hitting me for upwards of 50k. Horrendously inefficient.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    On the common occasion I have to tank as Fury, my Shield Barrier absorbs 4500 as base. Bosses are hitting me for upwards of 50k. Horrendously inefficient.
    Well I would advise tanking as Prot. Barrier seems a *tiny* bit underwhelming but it isn't nearly as bad as some people are making out. It is what it is; a good ability to use between Blocks and to stop magic damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Well I would advise tanking as Prot.
    People don't like me queuing up as DPS Prot without Gladiator gear or a shield... I mean, I often have to tank as Fury because either the tank is dead or not holding aggro.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

People don't like me queuing up as DPS Prot without Gladiator gear or a shield... I mean, I often have to tank as Fury because either the tank is dead or not holding aggro.
    People don't like you queueing in the wrong gear? Can't imagine why...
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Barrier seems a *tiny* bit underwhelming
    By "tiny" you mean "hella", right? Just checking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    By "tiny" you mean "hella", right? Just checking.
    Well if you want it as a replacement for block then sure its only really going to shine on magic heavy fights. They are both situational and yes Block is stronger, I personally don't think having barrier to be able to completely replace block is a good thing *shrug*

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I would advise tanking as Prot. Barrier seems a *tiny* bit underwhelming but it isn't nearly as bad as some people are making out. It is what it is; a good ability to use between Blocks and to stop magic damage
    Underwhelming is an understatement.

Well if you want it as a replacement for block then sure its only really going to shine on magic heavy fights. They are both situational and yes Block is stronger, I personally don't think having barrier to be able to completely replace block is a good thing *shrug*
    Come on, man. You KNOW Barrier is trash right now. It'll only absorb like half of a trash mob's single target spell, if that...and that's assuming you use it at 60 Rage for full viability.

Even Blizzard knows it sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    Come on, man. You KNOW Barrier is trash right now. It'll only absorb like half of a trash mob's single target spell, if that...and that's assuming you use it at 60 Rage for full viability.

Even Blizzard knows it sucks.
    It is pretty bad yes and taking its absorption value up would help a lot in terms of bringing the warrior tanks in line with the others, I wont deny that by any means. I do however think that our "Go to" ability should still be Shield Block for most fights but yeah, it does definitely need buffing.

so I went through a lot of recent threads and I keep getting multiple answers.

fury is now good but it only shines when you reach a certain ilvl/mastery/crit? so if I ding 100, I should stick with glad until I get said stats/ilvl? also, cleave fights i would want to go glad, but single target I want fury. but is that regardless of ilvl/mastery/crit?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    also, cleave fights i would want to go glad, but single target I want fury.
    That's the wrong way round; you want to be Fury on AoE fights.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the wrong way round; you want to be Fury on AoE fights.
    Not in HM, except for Kargath going up in stands.

The fights tend to be low target cleave (Twins, brackenspore), where arms/glad are better than fury.

Maybe tectus, but I havn't done that on mythic yet. But I plan on try arms first for OP executes and rend/WW spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Not in HM, except for Kargath going up in stands.

The fights tend to be low target cleave (Twins, brackenspore), where arms/glad are better than fury.

Maybe tectus, but I havn't done that on mythic yet. But I plan on try arms first for OP executes and rend/WW spam.
    im not well-versed on how to look up top guild players along with their spec (per boss fight), but what is the general consensus on fury after buffs? again, every thread i check has multiple responses =/
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    im not well-versed on how to look up top guild players along with their spec (per boss fight), but what is the general consensus on fury after buffs? again, every thread i check has multiple responses =/
    Better than it was :3

But seriously, my DPR has gone right up with the extra crit on BT, it's helped a lot. It's a bit more enjoyable to play, but then I enjoyed it beforehand anyway.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

I don't want it to replace block. I want it to do the job for which it is designed. It currently does not.