T17 Guardian Set Bonuses.... Weak???

Item - Druid T17 Guardian 2P Bonus - While you have the Tooth and Claw buff, Maul consumes 10 less Rage.
    Item - Druid T17 Guardian 4P Bonus - Applying Tooth and Claw to a target increases the healing of your next Frenzied Regeneration by 10%. Stacks up to 3 times.

Does this just seem incredibly useless to anyone else? The 2 piece seems better than the 4 piece honestly, able to spam maul a bit more for the tooth and claw debuff. But 30% more healing for our self heal after 3 mauls is really not much, with resolve capping at 240%.

Compare this to protection paladin set bonuses.

Item - Paladin T17 Protection 2P Bonus - When you use Avenger's Shield, your block chance is increased by 12% for 5 sec.
    Item - Paladin T17 Protection 4P Bonus - When you block a physical attack, you have a chance to increase your shield block value by 20% for 8 sec. (Approximately 1.55 procs per minute)

These both seem useful and add to survivability in general. Hope these get changed or buffed quite a bit.

Thoughts anyone else?

If anything the paladin bonuses are weak they just provide small improvements to overall mitigation whereas the two druid bonuses are synergistic and allow for stronger on demand answers to boss fight situations. This is why Druids have better TMI than both Warriors and Paladins but may take more overall damage.

Hm good point, I guess the paladin set bonuses aren't actually that super strong (none of the tank ones do, overall). But still 30% more on a heal doesn't seem like much with how spiky resolve can be. I suppose it helps, and once we are in full t17 we should generate more rage to use it more often.

Deleted
    Our Set bonuses seem well balanced. 30% increased healing on FR may be overkill on highend raiding though as you will likely be capped on Resolve and overheal anyways but it will make lower end resolve a bit better to manage.

Assuming you're using all of your T&C procs, 2pc saves 1.6 RPS on average (increased by haste). It's far from a weak bonus.

4pc is weaker, but weaker than a very strong bonus is far from damning. It's not like you won't go for it, secondaries aren't very far apart, so any tier bonus is basically just that, a bonus.

And no, 4pc won't cause overhealing unless you're burning 60 rage FRs above like 60-70% HP, and if you're free to do that, you probably don't care about a defensive bonus anyway. FR isn't healing more than our full health bars anymore.

They are also trying to keep Tanks from being as overpowered as they were in MoP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    And no, 4pc won't cause overhealing unless you're burning 60 rage FRs above like 60-70% HP, and if you're free to do that, you probably don't care about a defensive bonus anyway. FR isn't healing more than our full health bars anymore.
    With full resolve I found my FR to heal my health to full from 20-30% hp so adding 30% to that will result in overhealing.

T&C procs very very often, I doubt anyone uses all of them in normal play, trying to keep savage defence up etc. Though making maul cost only 10 rage we will be able to use more of it of course, and yes FR can heal from 30% to full quite easily, not even capped on resolve im pretty sure, up there though of course. Still being able to keep T&C up more will be nice so yeah I see its not a 'weak' bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamz View Post
    With full resolve I found my FR to heal my health to full from 20-30% hp so adding 30% to that will result in overhealing.
    Largest FR I've had in heroic Highmaul has been 172k, and without buffs/Ursa Major that's still below half my HP. Be that as it may, for all the bosses combined in Highmaul I cast a total of 30 FR's with less than 8% overhealing. I'm fairly confident the overhealing that was done was in a 100 rage situation where I had nothing better to do than use FR to top myself off... otherwise it was exclusively used for sizable deficits in HP.

Perhaps it's my playstyle, but the set bonuses will actually line up well with what I've found works for tanking as a bear. T&C gets used way more than FR (over 6 times more in my logs compared to FR, and that doesn't count stacked T&C applications), and the 4pc will likely just stay 3-stacked and help buff FR for when we need to fill that HP deficit (pretty much the only time I've been needing to use FR is when it won't top me off anyways). The rage savings are actually very useful, as using T&C whenever it procs is only being held back by the need to save rage for something else... lessening the net cost translates into more liberal use of T&C at no cost to SD/FR usage.

Alright, I'll admit the bonuses aren't sexy in terms of what they do, but it's only the first tier... they're supposed to be boring.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville