Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

I hate sweet food

Am I the only one here that hates sweet food? Especially cakes, I can eat a little bit of it, but my threshold for sweet things is so low, more than a bit of sweet food makes me feel sick, I don't know how anyone can eat a whole cake.

I can eat a whole pizza just fine, but a slice of cake? Eurgh.
    I have one teaspoon of sugar in my tea/coffee, I remember when I was a kid I would put like 4+ in because I loved sweet stuff (what kid doesn't?) and ate whole bags of haribo and such (no I wasn't fat, I was and still am skinny)
    One teaspoon of sugar in my tea and one regular sized kitkat and my sweetness threshold has been reached for the next 3 hours.

This doesn't apply to fruit though, just candy, cakes, pies, chocolate etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happened naturally to me as I got older and became more mindful of the sugar content I was consuming. The less sugar you have the lower tolerance you have to it.

Never understood people who don't like sweet things.

My taste buds don't seem to have changed since childhood, sweet is fine but I'm not a fan of bitter. Can't stand coffee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Frosting makes me nauseous, so sort of? My threshold is higher than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexed View Post
    Am I the only one here that hates sweet food? Especially cakes, I can eat a little bit of it, but my threshold for sweet things is so low, more than a bit of sweet food makes me feel sick, I don't know how anyone can eat a whole cake.

I have one teaspoon of sugar in my tea/coffee, I remember when I was a kid I would put like 4+ in because I loved sweet stuff (what kid doesn't?) and ate whole bags of haribo and such (no I wasn't fat, I was and still am skinny)
    One teaspoon of sugar in my tea and one regular sized kitkat and my sweetness threshold has been reached for the next 3 hours.

That's probably good news for your health, but nonetheless, you're not a person I want to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not particularly. But I'm not a huge candy/chocolate fan anymore. I can eat things like cake, but maybe just one or two slices at most, nothing huge. I do drink a lot of Sweet Tea and Dr. Pepper, so I don't think it's specifically the sugar I have issues with.

Chocolate has drastically changed in flavor as I grew up. When I was younger, it used to taste soooo much better. I haven't really looked into why it was changed, or IF it was even changed, but I just don't like chocolate anymore. Specifically talking about like candy bars and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'm in the same boat as you OP. Hate sweet foods. Cakes? Yuck! Chocolate biscuits? Omg they make me sick. Haven't had a dessert in 15 years.

Truth be told though, it's probably just a psychological effect from my body trying to stave off diabetes from drinking too much red bull. An inverse craving, so to speak. Your body can trick your mind into thinking it wants foods you need. I'm sure the reverse is also true.
    Last edited by Janaa; 2014-12-08 at 04:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexed View Post

Damn it buddy... I thought I was alone! *high five*

Among what can be considered sweet, I only like Coca Cola and Dr Pepper, and occasional chocolate. I absolutely cannot stand cakes, candies and such. I even rarely put sugar in my tea (can't drink coffee without sugar, but I apply only a little of it, to "counter" the bitterness).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindahuge View Post
    That's probably good news for your health, but nonetheless, you're not a person I want to know.
    That's uhh, discrimination against uhm low sweet food toleranced peoples!

Btw, the "still am skinny" part... You're under 30 then? If so, get ready for a change in metabolism and gut growth in your 30s. Happens to soooo many who are skinny all through their 20s and don't expect it to ever change. Keep doing crunches, even if you think you don't need to!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    Btw, the "still am skinny" part... You're under 30 then? If so, get ready for a change in metabolism and gut growth in your 30s. Happens to soooo many who are skinny all through their 20s and don't expect it to ever change. Keep doing crunches, even if you think you don't need to!
    Well that maybe true for most people, but I've always eaten healthily and hate over eating, I hate feeling like I have a brick in my stomach, I also go to the gym and swimming every week, so I don't think I'll ever get fat :P

i hate sweet food that is supposed to be salty

unless its spicy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Never understood people who don't like sweet things.

My taste buds don't seem to have changed since childhood, sweet is fine but I'm not a fan of bitter. Can't stand coffee.
    It's not disliking sweet things for me but reduced tolerance for it. I just reach that "sugar peak" much faster. On the other hand though, as my tolerance for sweetness came down my love of extreme bitter/sour/spice went up significantly. I have my coffee really strong and unsweetened!

You're not the only one. I never get dessert and rarely eat sweets.

At a restaurant, that's ok, I can just decline to order a dessert. It sucks when I'm eating at someone's home and they break out the pie or cake they made.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Too bad. I love sweets and sweets and lots of sweets. These makes me happy when I am sad. Maybe all in my mind? But nah! I just feel happy when I have some sweet to nibble.

I used to be a huuuge sweet tooth when I was young, but in my twenties it all went away. I used to devour anything with sugar in it, now I don't even have sugar in my kitchen. I almost never eat something sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the biggest sweet tooth in the world.

Deleted
    I definitely love sweet food.
    On the other hand, I absolutely do not like spicy and bitter food.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-12-08 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    Can't stand haribo and similar stuff. Chocolate aint bad, depends on how it's done and how much exactly. Marispan and popcorn I absolutely love the smell and taste but can't stomach it after a mere 1-3 bites.