Help getting SEF up faster...

Every method I have tried always leaves a lot of time between when I am full dpsing and when I am trying to get my clones out...

Tips, tricks, macros... I am looking for anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    the most effektiv one shoud be a mouseovermakro
    #showtooltip Storm, Earth, and Fire
    /cast [ÄDmouseover] Storm, Earth, and Fire

thats the easyest one and it is good for starters i gues
    what i does if u have a enemy under your mouse and u press this makro it will cast on the enemy without you have to tagret the enemy
    and since sef is no longer on GCD you can start dpsing and get your clones out at the same time

i had to change the [ÄDmouseover] start because im not allowed to post links

10+ Year Old Account
    Best way I've found is with the mouseover macro provided and have enemy plates up for easy casting.

Edited for quick copy pasta.

#showtooltip Storm, Earth, and Fire
    /cast [@mouseover] Storm, Earth, and Fire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    This is how I do it.

If you know you are going to be wiping hard all night you could also make a target macro

/tar nameoftheadd
    /cast Storm, Earth, and Fire
    /targetlasttarget

Then just bind and press when the add appears and is within 40 yards. Easier than a mouseover, esp if your FPS sucks, but won't work if there's more than one thing with that name.

EDIT: Not allowed to quote Fallen Angels macro because reasons..

7+ Year Old Account
    if you are under 10 posts u cant post links the ae counts towarts that

For me, i Select a target i wan to put a spirit on, then Tab cycle to another, and place it.
    then Tab cycle to another clear target.

It's very easy when you have the AddOn "Storm, Earth and Fire", since it shows you a frame that turns red if you already have a spirit on the selected target.

This is my macro, takes some time to get used to it, but it works really fine for me:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, harm, nomod] Storm, Earth, and Fire; [nomod] Storm, Earth, and Fire
    /cancelaura [mod:shift] Storm, Earth, and Fire
    /targetenemy [@mouseover, noexists, nomod]
    What it does:
    Cast SEF @mouseover if it exists and can be attacked, if no mouseover exists cast it at your target.
    Shift + Macro will cancel your clones
    And last line will try to find a new target if first line has casted at your current target (no mouseover exists)

Get a addon or use weakauras to track your clones, so you never hit the same target http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Fire-WeakAura
    Last edited by Clausi; 2014-12-08 at 06:04 PM.

I have seen people suggesting using something like this:

Code:
    /cast [@target] SEF
    /cast [@mouseover] SEF
    So in theory they tab to a target they want to SEF, mouseover another, hit the macro, then tab to the target they want to kill. I can't imagine anything 'faster', but personally, I just use the first suggestion, straight @mouseover and hit it twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have two separate macros for mine namely being:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,exists][]Storm, Earth, and Fire
    and

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@focus]Storm, Earth, and Fire
    If you're raiding and you're stuck on a certain boss with adds and cleaves then you might want to try using another macro with the NPC name in it so you can specifically use SEF on that target.

Quote Originally Posted by Clausi View Post
    This is my macro, takes some time to get used to it, but it works really fine for me:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, harm, nomod] Storm, Earth, and Fire; [nomod] Storm, Earth, and Fire
    /cancelaura [mod:shift] Storm, Earth, and Fire
    /targetenemy [@mouseover, noexists, nomod]
    What it does:
    Cast SEF @mouseover if it exists and can be attacked, if no mouseover exists cast it at your target.
    Shift + Macro will cancel your clones
    And last line will try to find a new target if first line has casted at your current target (no mouseover exists)

Get a addon or use weakauras to track your clones, so you never hit the same target http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Fire-WeakAura
    I like this but I already use ctrl, alt and shift for most of my abilities so don't have anything free for this. Going to be getting a new mouse soon with more buttons so I will probably change my keybinds a bit and give myself room for this one.

on fights like Imperator I just focus whoever is #1 on add dmg in my raid and use:
    Code:
    /cast [@focustarget,harm,nodead, exists] Storm, Earth, and Fire
    which casts SeF at their target whenever they swap to it

Theres also really good addons like Targetassist that lets you track multiple members in your raid and you can make a simple
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,exists] Storm, Earth, and Fire
    and click their target frame.
    Last edited by Prokasa; 2014-12-09 at 08:44 AM.