Poll: Are you happy with Arms?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    they were perfect just the way they were last expansion
    Can't agree with that, sorry. The best base kit was probably around Wrath/ Cata.
    Didn't really follow how Arms was in beta before everything got scrapped (should ask Archimtiros, Collision or Sarri about that), but the consensus was that it was something good.

I mean, anything but this would be better.

My favourite quote from the final boss interview.

"People in chat are saying theres 25% downtime with arms warrior right now"

Blizzard devs say "whats wrong 25%? thats fine"

Deleted
    Anyway, with a good execute phase Arms is still good on many fights and shines on Tectus / Brackenspore (check out warcraftlogs ranking)

I don't think it's horrible, but having to use whirlwind in a single target rotation is just dumb. I'd think adding one or two more abilities would be nice. I see a lot of people calling for overpower to come back and I think that would be a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Arms is fun in BG pvp

Arms if unbareably bad in PvE. like I cannot express how boring it is. I feel like i'm playing vanilla prot warrior. I don't even know why I press WW, it hits so little.

I'm so tired of just bullshit answers and blatent lying. Yes, lying. There is no fucking way you can say people are happy about arms right now. Every single day I see at least 2 threads on the wow forums of how fucking boring arms is, even on here, where the threads are much higher quality I still see people 'complaining' of how fucking shit arms is fun wise (and dps wise)

It is soul crushing beyond belief when you ask a dev why they aren't buffing arms and you get the response "because they're good in the execute phase". Give me a fuckin break, honestly. We are sat down and told they're sick of burst such as enhs doing 1.5mil burst for 45 sec at the start of every boss in SoO hc. We're sat down and told that they're sick of cooldown stacking.

What do we see? Frost mages with 4 cooldowns all stackable. Meanwhile others have 1 or 0.
    What do we see? MM hunter burst disgusting beyond words, meanwhile other class burst BARELY EVEN NOTICEABLE.

What the actual fuck is going through their heads? You have to be willfully ignorant or a liar to not be able to recognize the problems that face warriors right now even as a casual player. What faith can we even hope to muster if a casual can do that yet the people WHOSE JOB IT IS TO SIT DOWN AND LOOK AT THIS SHIT ALL DAY aren't smart enough to NERF GLADIATOR STANCE FROM 20% TO X% instead of nerfing fucking shield slam and revenge, dickslapping the worst tank in the game in terms of dps by collateral dmg.

We are all truly fucked for the rest of this expansion if they don't make big changes fast
    You are right man! I'm one of those tanks.. I'm still pissed.

Most boring spec to play as Warrior at the moment.

My original plan was to play arms warrior as main in WoD...

... but not after I tried it in ptr.

- - - Updated - - -

So boring right now

Deleted
    Whatever blizzard is smoking i want some.

On a more serious note i am not happy with the state of arms. I feel like we need less downtime or a filler spell.

Deleted
    Feels so slow and unsatisfying

7+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, where exactly can I see this being said? Would love to see it with my own eyes, tbh. lol
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    i purposely made the thread's title a little misleading to make a point

they say in the Final Boss interview "we get a lot of positive feedback about arms from players who are coming back from bc and tell us that it feels the same as they left it". nonetheless, that day, i was feeling particularly irritable and annoyed about the changes to my favorite spec and set out to prove that a lot of players have a problem with how unfinished it feels.

I'm fairly confident we'll see some mechanical changes toward the next major content patch.
    Blizzard have been adamant in giving warrior feedback the blind eye, but there are limits to how much negative feedback they can recieve.

Deleted
    a lot of players have a problem with how unfinished it feels.
    And it's true.

Besides, I'd like to talk with anybody who played Warrior in the expansions long past by (pre Cata) to hear what exactly are they feeling "the same as they left".
    If I was to come back from TBC, I'd not know how to play it:
    no Berserker Stance;
    abilities forcefully changing my stance;
    no Slam, since taking it makes no difference and Slamweave is nonexistant;
    the concept of WW doing padding damage in PvP and being spammable in PvE being out of the world, it used to be in our burst sequence by pooling;
    lacking Heroic Strike to make the pooling worthwile inside procs/ Death Wish;
    all my burst tied to an attack that can be parried;
    Rend being necessary to do damage;
    no Blood Rage;
    no Intercept, CHARGE ROOTS.

If I was to come back from Wrath, I'd not know what to do with my globals:
    Rend has no purpose besides doing damage or giving me Rage, if talented, and it's not the usual Taste for Blood anyway;
    Overpower being removed;
    ~25% downtime when Arms needed to globalcap to be competitive;
    losing the utility an Arms could bring without gimping its dps too much.

And I'm purposely leaving out stuff, because this last point could be expanded to no ends.

Arms gets somewhat fun only when there's enough (4+) targets, and the enjoyment comes from sheer numbers since everyone else gets blown the hell out of the meters.

At this point, given the quality of hotfixes and unattended promises, all I'm waiting for is a 6.1 release date and first datamines.
    There's a range of things that can be done to keep Arms in check, keeping Whirlwind and whatnot, but nothing gets done and we're left into shallowness.
    Repost for greater justice, but still: http://t.co/nxTPoRm4BQ
    Last edited by mmoca7e1e78f4f; 2014-12-17 at 08:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    wheres my MoP arms, or even my cata Arms!?!
    Where is everything? Where is arms?!!

I feel the choices of unhappy/happy are skewed in the favour of unhappy as it is much easier to achieve. Because I am not whole heartedly unhappy with how it plays atm and I believe with a few tweaks it could achieve "happy". So in my case being unhappy with arms doesn't mean I want a complete over haul. But I guess in what I've said it's pretty easy to just chuck me into the unhappy category since technically I would like to see a few changes. Maybe if there was a 3rd option to view a middle ground of an opinion like mine you'd get a better view on who is truly "unhappy".

So as such choosing between Yes or No I found myself with no option, yes or no leaves little room for what's in between, also what's with showing everyone's name? Seems like a good way to get people harassed for their opinions.
    Last edited by Ryanite; 2014-12-17 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    I'd take a few tweaks aswell to have a fun tool to play with.
    Arms as it stands is not that fun, has no tools to work with and lives on its broken cleave damage because WW has no place in a 2014 rotation.

Using Whirlwind as the only rage dump is downright insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back Cata arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    lambs to the slaughter can go die in a fucking fire

it will be too soon if i never see it return to the game