Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i ended up buying oblivion for the console because initially back in 2005 my pc wouldn't run it. ran for awhile on my xbox360 but after awhile it just stopped working.
    i would be able to play for 10 minutes and then the game would freeze and lock up. tried it with several different discs same result.
    It'd be a nightmare on Skyrim. I had one or two situations where I had to solve a quest through console command because I couldn't get past a point due to a glitch.

In hindsight, I'm surprised it wasn't slammed as a buggy pos. I guess you can look over it if you already had 100+ hours clocked in. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    It'd be a nightmare on Skyrim. I had one or two situations where I had to solve a quest through console command because I couldn't get past a point due to a glitch.
    i only had to do that once luckily can't remember what it was for. when i was able to play oblivion on the xbox 360 the skingrad butler tended to either get killed or spawn dead on the ground.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i only had to do that once luckily can't remember what it was for. when i was able to play oblivion on the xbox 360 the skingrad butler tended to either get killed or spawn dead on the ground.
    Oblivion was less buggy though. I don't think I ever had a gamebreaking bug in vanilla oblivion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oblivion was less buggy though. I don't think I ever had a gamebreaking bug in vanilla oblivion.
    that was honestly the only one i ever encountered. it was sort of hilarious.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Just avoid titles on Origin and Uplay, both will die out in a couple of years just like GFWL did. Origin has improved but still has a long road ahead from stepping up to be a decent client or store.
    I realise people hate both of them but they are not going to die off in a year or two unless EA and Ubisoft goes out of business, which is even more unlikely as long as people keep buying their yearly releases by the masses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I realise people hate both of them but they are not going to die off in a year or two unless EA and Ubisoft goes out of business, which is even more unlikely as long as people keep buying their yearly releases by the masses.
    Well EA is taking the right foot towards bankruptcy by having Anita sarkeesian consultant for the Mirror's Edge game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well EA is taking the right foot towards bankruptcy by having Anita sarkeesian consultant for the Mirror's Edge game.
    People are overestimating how much Mirror's edge really means to a company like EA in finances, its a niche title that have never been much of a cash cow with its last release 6 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    People are overestimating how much Mirror's edge really means to a company like EA in finances, its a niche title that have never been much of a cash cow with its last release 6 years ago.
    It was just a joke. I doubt one failure would tank them, assuming it even fails. Maybe Anita will come up with the best female protagonist ever or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised nobody mentioned GoG. It doesn't use a program, DRM free, and they curate their stuff.

And if for some reason you're not satisfied, you get a refund grace period for like a month or something.
    Agreed. If a game is on GoG - i'll get it there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    Agreed. If a game is on GoG - i'll get it there.
    i pretty much get as many games as i can from gog.

SimCity 2000 is currently free on Origin.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you're right. New Vegas was pretty awesome.

It's pretty damn silly because all it really does is punishing the consumer for wanting to buy your game.

Batman: Arkham asylum, for example has GFWL on it or had at some point and you could probably get a DRM-free version through illegal means. Sounds good, but it's illegal so don't ever do that.

The worst thing is it's probably not even the developers that want it in. It's probably the out of touch suits you meet in the cons that barely picked up a game in their life.
    I'm missing something here. I have that game and have no issues playing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    always a special person

for 99.99% of the masses steam is the best digital sales platform - sure GoG and humblebundle have their uses but origin, uplay and the now dead gfwl are total garbage.

So that must be why my friends list on origin is at cap while steam I only have about 10 people? (half of those never log on anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Just avoid titles on Origin and Uplay, both will die out in a couple of years just like GFWL did. Origin has improved but still has a long road ahead from stepping up to be a decent client or store.
    People said the same things about steam and look at it now.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    SimCity 2000 is currently free on Origin.
    B-But, I... that was the first SimCity game I ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I'm missing something here. I have that game and have no issues playing it.
    I can't remember if it was Asylum or City, but part way through playing I did a Windows reinstall. That's when I discovered GFWL has (had?) a stupid system where saves are associated with a file that gets installed on your system, so you can't just ship saves from one machine to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    this applies only to third world countries like the USA.

every halfway decent country has laws in place that grants you the actual ownership over the software you buy.
    Actually know, the ownership is always with the publisher no matter where you are. It is all part of the terms and conditions of installing. Which by accepting is actually signing a legal contract with the publisher of such software.

Unless you are an indi developer or the owner of a publishing company you have never owned a piece of software ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    People just jump on the hate train all the time. Most of them don't even know why they are hating Origin or EA. I haven't had a problem with any company or origin/uplay when I've used it.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators