Thread: Lock Buffs?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    After seeing that finalboss interview I'm full well expecting *something* to be done with destructions ember generation and or rain of fire. Whether or not they do tradeoffs there instead of flat out buffing something I have no idea.

Beyond that I'm just happy if we go through a tuning round with nothing of ours getting nerfed... that in and of itself is practically a buff with how things have been all beta to current.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapelusz View Post
    I may have compared myself to the shamans in my raid who have been very good players in the past.
    Yeah, that was my point. I think you were seeing the results in your raid and extrapolating them, without taking into account the ilvl difference. I'm sure your shaman are good players. I think if the gear disparity wasn't there, you'd have seen different results and have a different perspective.

just using sims as a guide, at ilvl 630 the estimate is around 18k dps, by the time you get to 665 the estimate is around 30K. +35 ilvls is a 66% increase in damage done.

Given that you were about 10 ilvls ahead of your shaman buddy and assuming equal skill, even if you were 20% ahead it's reasonable to conclude that it's consistent with what the rest of us are seeing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    You need to come off that shit you are on. All three specs can still use a little more tweaking to keep up with the Rets, Monks, and Hunters. We should not have to "come to terms with it".

Side note, when are they going to be posting the changes? FIgured it would have been done by now.
    Or the Rets Monks Hunters can just be brought down a bit? Why adjust 15 specs when it's 3 that are problematic?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we need any buffs at all. I think that there should be a playability change to Rain of Fire. We don't need buffs, we don't need nerfs, we don't need anything as far as hard numbers tuning goes. I think several of our talents need to be thrown out, and I think that several of our abilities need to be thrown out as well that are not talents. Demonic Gateway: gone. Level 100 talents are problems. Ember Tap: gone. Supremacy: gone, and all supreme pets made baseline, replace supremacy with new talent. Mannorth's Fury: Gone, replaced with something else. Charred remains: replaced entirely.

Warlocks don't need buffs, or nerfs. It needs retooling.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganshlogan View Post
    Any guesses on whether locks will experience any buffs in the upcoming "class tuning" hotfixes? If so, what spec?
    With the way this expansion has been going for us? Here's my guess:

2% buff to Affliction DoTs.
    25% nerf to Chaos Bolt damage because "PvP."
    50% nerf to Demonic Servitude Pets (Hey, they have to find a way, one that doesn't include buffing Charred Remains, to FORCE you to use their awesome Charred Remains talent!)
    Increase the Ember cost of Fire and Brimstone by 100% because "fuck Destro's OP AoE."
    33% damage reduction to Demon Bolt, because "PvP" with a 2% buff to Shadow bolt to compensate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    and all supreme pets made baseline
    I can hear the hysterical screams from RPers already.

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    Yeah, that was my point. I think you were seeing the results in your raid and extrapolating them, without taking into account the ilvl difference. I'm sure your shaman are good players. I think if the gear disparity wasn't there, you'd have seen different results and have a different perspective.

just using sims as a guide, at ilvl 630 the estimate is around 18k dps, by the time you get to 665 the estimate is around 30K. +35 ilvls is a 66% increase in damage done.

Given that you were about 10 ilvls ahead of your shaman buddy and assuming equal skill, even if you were 20% ahead it's reasonable to conclude that it's consistent with what the rest of us are seeing.

- - - Updated - - -

Or the Rets Monks Hunters can just be brought down a bit? Why adjust 15 specs when it's 3 that are problematic?
    I'd be fine with that. I don't HAVE to be the biggest fighter in the ring. I just want to be able to go in there and compete for number 1. Let the best players win in my opinion.

Having just done a trial in a 30 man raid with a 95+ percentile guild and multiple top 20 rankings I can safely say they need to buff Warlock.

I was the single token warlock in a 30 man raid and it honestly felt like I was back in Naxx doing COE for the mages, summoning people and dropping healthstones while they just brought in other better classes for the DPS spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Having just done a trial in a 30 man raid with a 95+ percentile guild and multiple top 20 rankings I can safely say they need to buff Warlock.

I was the single token warlock in a 30 man raid and it honestly felt like I was back in Naxx doing COE for the mages, summoning people and dropping healthstones while they just brought in other better classes for the DPS spots.
    thank you for your input, as there are too many white knights with the l2p excuses around here
    Last edited by Zharradan; 2014-12-08 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post

Warlocks are top tier imo on Tectus (demo + Cata), Brackenspore ( Destro) and Imperator (Destro) and overall probably the strongest caster behind boomkin (not like any caster class is amazing though but yeah.) Our warlocks ended 1st and 2nd on Imperator hc today which doesn't prove much but it's something. Honestly, you must be doing something wrong if you struggle beating mages or there was a major gear difference.

That said, I'd appreciate some buffs for Demo single target buffs because it just doesn't make sense that the other 3 button specs beat it when Blizzard clearly stated themselves that the more skill requiring specs should be able to pull ahead if played at their maximum potential.

All Destro needs is embers back from Rain of Fire, sadly Affliction needs more than just % changes to be attractive until people get the gear for it and buffing it now might cause it to scale too well later on.
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2014-12-08 at 11:31 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    thank you for your input, as there are too many white knights with the l2p excuses around here
    Because you should really learn to play. Warlocks are in a decent place and I will be very surprised if we receive any significant buff.

Deleted
    If we don't get a bugfix for Glyph of Dark Soul I swear I'll make an account on Twitter and tweetbomb Celestalon to all hell!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    If we don't get a bugfix for Glyph of Dark Soul I swear I'll make an account on Twitter and tweetbomb Celestalon to all hell!
    That's pretty much the only thing I want personally.

IMO: They will tweak some of the lock level 100 talents. Destro will probably get a RoF buff for AoE (my money is on it generating embers in an AoE situation, such as hitting 3+ mobs).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    I don't think we need any buffs at all. I think that there should be a playability change to Rain of Fire. We don't need buffs, we don't need nerfs, we don't need anything as far as hard numbers tuning goes. I think several of our talents need to be thrown out, and I think that several of our abilities need to be thrown out as well that are not talents. Demonic Gateway: gone. Level 100 talents are problems. Ember Tap: gone. Supremacy: gone, and all supreme pets made baseline, replace supremacy with new talent. Mannorth's Fury: Gone, replaced with something else. Charred remains: replaced entirely.

Warlocks don't need buffs, or nerfs. It needs retooling.
    This. (Although have to disagree about sup pets being base line). I'd settle for getting health funnel/drain life back for drestro & the bugs fixed. Oh and for the love of god felflame back even if was crapy dps/none ember generating, just give me something to do when running!

Well, so much for expecting them to fix the shit they did with Rain of Fire.

And still no Dark Soul fix.
    And still no DS: Knowledge fix.
    And still no Fel Imp dispell fix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelm View Post
    For now. I certainly hope something more than "Rain of fire damage increased by 80%" is coming our way.

Nothing is coming on our way. Mages ofc buffed like fuck.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

On the bright side, now we don't have to deal DS glyph bugging out if they overbuffed Demo :^)
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

Well so far we didn't even get a mention. But I did notice they buffed many other classes. They only lowered a bit of damage for hunters and monks. Situation normal I guess.

I'm disapointed. We all should be used to it by now but it's inevitable to think they will address some of our bugs, specially AD + glyph.
    And i'm assuming they didn't, since there's no bugfix listed.