Thread: Lock Buffs?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ok. I'm officially out, already got my alt mage to 100, will gear it to mythics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I'm disapointed. We all should be used to it by now but it's inevitable to think they will address some of our bugs, specially AD + glyph.
    And i'm assuming they didn't, since there's no bugfix listed.
    This pretty much sums up what I think.

No changes or bug fixes, can't say I'm surprised. We need to suffer through the majority of this expansion due to the devs inability to balance us in MoP.

I've been excited for this all day.

I was hoping that we would at least get a mention and be told that things were coming our way in the form of bug fixes or slight buffs. But no, not even a mention. This is truly a disappointing time to be a Warlock.

I am literally in disbelief there wasn't a single warlock change. I keep reading the notes looking for a line I missed. I haven't considered rerolling in a long time, but this is the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not disappointed. If I were a optimistic warlock, i would be, along with infuriated. Rather, i am the warlock that knows that I am the most hated class in wow, not just by all the classes, from the previous expansion, but also by blizzard, because they can never balance a class, and would rather just keep one nerfed.

Sooo, I guess, fuck em?

What BS, the least they could have done is revert the RoF nerf until they can figure out what to do. Mages just got a massive buff, even though they really didn't need much love at all.

Unbelievable... I honestly just don't even...

Going by https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6/ all the changes, or lack of them in some cases, I believe seem justified and we need time to see what the changes do for Eles and Mages. Remember we should be comparing ourselves to the other casters and not melee but that is a whole another discussion... All our specs being so close to one another as well is positive though it is making the choice of MS/OS for me rather difficult! However, I am disappointed by no bugs being fixed and the recent change in Destro AoE without a decent warning.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2014-12-09 at 01:52 AM.

Angry

Still no fix for rain of fire so i guess our aoe is dead now . Watch the interview it shows that the lead designer hates warlocks complaining about them in mob and there all round use.This is bullshit i love my warlock and do not want to have to start one of my alts till they fix warlocks dps and rain of fire.This is terrible please blizzard explain why the nerf bat to rain of fire without thinking it thru first just bam no embers 60% less damage see you later.

Deleted
    Tbh, I didn't even expect any buffs, if you spend 50-200k on Copeland's Clarity then lock is in middle of the pack, on some bosses we are higher, but we can never top damage on any boss with competent raiders because there are always better classes for every situations.

Gotta wait and see till Mythic progression starts where we have all of our best dps in 20man raid, instead of doing 30man 50-50 alts/mains.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Going by https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6/ all the changes, or lack of them in some cases, I believe seem justified and we need time to see what the changes do for Eles and Mages. Remember we should be comparing ourselves to the other casters and not melee but that is a whole another discussion... All our specs being so close to one another as well is positive though it is making the choice of MS/OS for me rather difficult! However, I am disappointed by no bugs being fixed and the recent change in Destro AoE without a decent warning.
    Why are you looking at 50th percentile and all bosses?

Deleted
    They're really not in a hurry with lvl 100 talents having serious balance problems, but won't be fixed until 6.1 6.2 or even next expansion.
    Then again, look what a few hours can do to a trinket.

You are looking at it all wrong. Buffs to mages make NO sense in this context:

90th Percentile, Patchwork (butcher), Ilvl 648-662. (I.e. people who are ready to start Mythic Progression.)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=90

Well I'm an average player so for me the 50th makes sense. What would you suggest to look at? I did have a flip through before posting and after the first few I don't see many changes from the lowest to the highest where warlocks are concerned. As to all bosses well I hope I will be able to kill all so overall performance in full raid is more important than one fight that I may excel or be weak on.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2014-12-09 at 02:08 AM.

Well I'm an average player so for me the 50th makes sense. What would you suggest to look at? I did have a flip through before posting and after the first few I don't see many changes from the lowest to the highest where warlocks are concerned. As to all bosses well I hope I will be able to kill all so overall performance in full whole raid is ore important than one fight that I may excel or be weak on.
    You should be looking at 90th percentile as that is where balance changes are made.

not even bugfixes
    just wow

not saying wl needed big buffs, but buffing other classes make us less valuable then we already are
    Last edited by Violetti; 2014-12-09 at 02:13 AM.

The problem is at 50% percentile warlocks, destruction in particular, are so F#$(ing easy to play that you are already playing it to almost its full damage potential compared to similarly average skilled people who are playing classes / specs that are not as easy and therefore not playing close to their full potential. Therefore Warlock damage looks inflated.

Switch over to 90th percentile and you are comparing people can all play their classes / specs to their full potential and getting a clear image of the maximum damage your likely to achieve based on balance. Here its pretty clear that Warlock is far behind in single target, and behind in 2 target cleave (only affliction is doing OK) and really behind on high movement fights like Tectus (Destro is LAST place out of all class spec).

Either at 50, all, or 90th percentile...they buffed every class below us and some above us. We will be the literal lowest damage in class post changes - in all likelihood.

Nothing.

Just nothing.

Bleah.