Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Don't worry, Everburning Candle is still over 100 intellect overbudget, you didn't 'waste' your money at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are people still crying that they wasted their money?

This item is still 100 int over budget in addition to the mana basically being several hundred spirit on use.

If you've gotten your BiS trinket out of mythic highmaul and replaced your candle then feel free to whine, otherwise I bet most people in here are still using it because of how over budget it is.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Why are people still crying that they wasted their money?

This item is still 100 int over budget in addition to the mana basically being several hundred spirit on use.

If you've gotten your BiS trinket out of mythic highmaul and replaced your candle then feel free to whine, otherwise I bet most people in here are still using it because of how over budget it is.
    the candle is better than anything out of mythic and the level 3 scribe trinket is better than anything else pre mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Don't worry, Everburning Candle is still over 100 intellect overbudget, you didn't 'waste' your money at all.
    Not sure how this isn't obvious, but the price of an item on the AH is dynamic. While the trinket may be worth X gold now, that doesn't mean that someone didn't waste the gold that they spent in excess of X amount when it was even more powerful. There was also some value in being 'set' in a particular slot for an entire tier--now that the piece will be replaced it loses that value as well.

I bought the trinket yesterday anyways, it was half price that what it was last week, but it's still the best trinket you can get this tier so far.

But it's really shitty that our BIS trinket is a world drop, that doesn't make sense.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

It is not horridly overbudget as it once was.

665 ilvl
    334 int
    436 mp5 casting = ~215 spirit
    "549 stat points"

670 Runestone
    262 int
    154 haste
    154 multi
    "570 stat points"

margok's healer trinket (I forget the name)
    154 haste
    154 vers
    346 spirit

"654 stat points" but take into account lack of INT.

Take into account 5+ ilvls and you will see its really not horribly overbudgeted.

The power of course comes from the ridiculous amount of int (which makes it so ridiculously good) while still having a decent amount of spirit regen (or in this case mana on use which is equivalent) rather than a trinket like margoks which is crap because of the 154 vers even with its whopping 346 spirit which is miles ahead in terms of regen of the everburning candle or even the dmf upgraded trinket which is about 300 spirit at 3/3.

Because of how powerful int is appearing and how every fight outside of imperator is not seeming to exceed 7-8 minutes (even on mythic), I am sticking with double int for now. Kargath mythic is ~6-7 mins. Twins ~7 mins enrage mythic. Butcher ~5 mins enrage. Brackenspore is infinite mana. Not sure on koragh or tectus.

Personally I bonus rolled the margok's int trinket and so sticking with it instead of using a second mana trinket (I am still going to keep a spirit trinket (probably winged hourglass) on hand in case a fight becomes unbearable but not equipping it for now). All the spirit trinkets are pretty awful due to no raw int on them (on use haste to be fair is pretty damn strong but I am not a big fan of the imperator one). DMF 3/3 is underbudgeted, despite it being an int / spirit trinket.
    Last edited by Gardiff; 2014-12-10 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    "Devs didn't know 6.1 wouldn't have flying".

U wot Blizz.
    What's difficult to understand about that?

Developers aren't the ones making decisions about the design of the game or the direction of the franchise. Those decisions get made by creative directors, senior or executive producers or other creative leads. Developers write, debug and optimize code. They don't design games.

Quote Originally Posted by gillai View Post
    Why wouldn't you want to keep the trinket ? It is better than all the healing trinkets from Highmaul which are completely shit ?
    Oh it's still amazing and I'd love to have one. But saying it wouldn't be nerfed artificially inflated ah prices. It's still good but it's value ( gold wise) has gone down with the nerf ( everything has a price) and it's not fair to those to bought it during the time in between the tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantworm View Post
    However you frame it, Blizzards internal communication failed in a way that upset a lot ot people. As any organisation should do when something like this occurs, I'm sure Blizzard will look at where they failed, and how not to fail in such a manner again.
    Kinda like when GC wrote a big blog about how 5-man heroics in Cataclysm were fine and didn't need a nerf, and then all of them got heavily nerfed a few days later? Because clearly they didn't learn how do prevent this situation that time.