When to use 'on use' trinkets as a Shadow Priest

Hey all,

I recently got shard of nothing trinket and I'm also currently using Sandman's Pouch. I was curious, and I do apologize if this has been answered already, when I would want to use the trinket? Do I use it when Sandman's Pouch procs or do I save it for dot-weaving etc?

Thanks for you guy's help!

Quote Originally Posted by Threaded View Post
    Hey all,

I recently got shard of nothing trinket and I'm also currently using Sandman's Pouch. I was curious, and I do apologize if this has been answered already, when I would want to use the trinket? Do I use it when Sandman's Pouch procs or do I save it for dot-weaving etc?

Thanks for you guy's help!
    I pop shard after applying devouring plague so buff is max length but can get more insanity in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixe View Post
    I pop shard after applying devouring plague so buff is max length but can get more insanity in.
    I dont actually know but wouldn't the extra haste ticks on DP outweigh the increased insanity uptime?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponkster View Post
    I dont actually know but wouldn't the extra haste ticks on DP outweigh the increased insanity uptime?
    I really don't know either, it just seemed the appropriate place to use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponkster View Post
    DP benefits from haste by being applied more frequently due to the lowered MB CD, its duration is reduced as haste increases to fit the same number of ticks in, otherwise it would be double dipping

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an interesting question to me since I'm currently rockin 2 use trinkets, Copelands & Shards. My instinct is that I'd gain more damage using the haste trinket during the weave, but I'm often guilty of using it just to burn thru the orb building phase asap.

Anyone else got any feed back?

Found using Shards during my weave flowed with the CoP rotation much better than using it during the build up.