Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pepe2c View Post
    against the fury warr that probably will get my spot on the core xD
    ...then you should maybe consider changing guilds. ahaha sry i had to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chintz View Post
    then there is that other opinion that gearing tanks as top priority is a thing from the past since tank survivability is in most cases not a big issue anymore (there sure are exceptions like with everything though) and that increasing the dmg of dps is more valuable, because fight doesnt last longer, less to heal, no oom healer and so on.
    I'm not too fond of this argument, because:

• The worse gear the tank has, the more HPS do healers need. Needing higher HPS translates to healers using less mana efficient heals, draining them OOM earlier.
    • A well equipped tank can allow you to replace a healer with another damage dealer entirely, or at least allow present healers to use offensive spells as well.
    • The less attention a tank needs from healers, the more time healers can spend on others, making room for mistakes and allowing more cheaper spells.
    • Tank DPS is relevant as well. It obviously doesn't convert to as much damage as if a damage dealer got the item, but there's still a relevant DPS increase.

As you say, there are exceptions to every rule, but lately I've seen a lot of people argue about tank gear as if they're worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    As you say, there are exceptions to every rule, but lately I've seen a lot of people argue about tank gear as if they're worthless.
    True and that ppl is going 2 hit a brick wall when going mythic xD

Im not upset bcause of the changes im upset bcause i dont know when blizzard is going 2 bash to the ground a class/spec. I could reroll fury for the rest of the exp, but how do i know its not going 2 get nerfed next patch? or break gladiator just like they broke WWmonks from ToT to WoD...
    Last edited by pepe2c; 2014-12-09 at 02:48 PM.

Our tanks gear up from the AH and BMAH at the beginning of the x-pac using the guild bank (830k for a 701 item? sold!). Except for some tank specific loot, DPS always has the priority on drops.

UNGH. I hope it's true. I've been playing fury and keeping up pretty well with my Gladiator guildie. I played gladiator a bit and just wasn't too familiar with it as the first time I really used it was in raid, but I am excited about being full-time fury again.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Arms is still left in the dust T-T
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    It's generally only an issue if you're #1 by a mile. The 'overpowered' fury doesn't really show up until 680-690~ ilevel, and Fury has always looked good on those charts because Warrior action lists are polished like a crown jewel.
    Not really polished like a crown jewel. I changed a couple things myself and gained a small amount of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by pepe2c View Post
    True and that ppl is going 2 hit a brick wall when going mythic xD

Im not upset bcause of the changes im upset bcause i dont know when blizzard is going 2 bash to de ground a class/spec. I could reroll fury for the rest of the exp, but how do i know its not going 2 get nerfed next patch? or break gladiator just like they broke WWmonks from ToT to WoD...
    a lot of ppl across these boards see everything just black and white. i play gladiator and continue to play it because i like it very much and its fun for me. nothing in this game is so bad that its outright unplayable in raids and if it tends to be to far on the bottom things get hotfixed like seen with fury yesterday. im also pretty sure me playing glad wont hinder me and the guild i play in to clear mythic in a reasonable amount of time. not in a world first guild or something though, but all skilled players.
    Last edited by Chintz; 2014-12-09 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Arms is still left in the dust T-T
    No it isn't
    Check World of Logs
    Arms are most of the time infront of Gladiator - They don't need buffs.
    5/7 Bosses in Highmaul aren't static Butcher/Patchwerk fights - The reality from Sims is different.
    Glads have no chance against an Arms in 5/7 fights in the current Raid.
    And buffing Arms in Single Target without making it even stronger in those 5 bosses it recks Glads already is pretty hard to do so cause everything is kinda connected at this Specc.

Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    UNGH. I hope it's true. I've been playing fury and keeping up pretty well with my Gladiator guildie. I played gladiator a bit and just wasn't too familiar with it as the first time I really used it was in raid, but I am excited about being full-time fury again.
    I think arms will outperform fury in cleave fights even with the fury buff.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mages get nerfed for the first time in ages, whine for a few weeks, and now back on top with 2 specs. They really needed buffs in sphere and frostbolt for pvp too. I'm glad to see glad stance take a back seat for fury to improve as gear improves.

Just a side note on the simcraft data, they are using sudden death for their talents/rotation. This may not be optimal and the Sims could be higher..... If someone who isn't at work could test this it would be appreciated.

Was hitting the dummy and I still do better as Glad then Fury although my gear for Fury is meh due to pieces of bonus armor I've picked up. It's a pretty big gap though considering it's only 3 pieces with bonus armor. Hmmm. . Of course I wasn't raid buffed however which makes a difference due to Crit buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the changes are actually live yet are they?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    I don't think the changes are actually live yet are they?
    They're very much live.

Quote Originally Posted by Minti - Lightbringer View Post
    They're very much live.
    For EU aswell?

7+ Year Old Account
    The problem with simcraft is that it is highly inaccurate and people take it like it's the bible or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    The problem with simcraft is that it is highly inaccurate and people take it like it's the bible or something.
    It's undoubtedly better than the tarot cards you're reading to play beastmastery/survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    I'm not too fond of this argument, because:

• The worse gear the tank has, the more HPS do healers need. Needing higher HPS translates to healers using less mana efficient heals, draining them OOM earlier.
    • A well equipped tank can allow you to replace a healer with another damage dealer entirely, or at least allow present healers to use offensive spells as well.
    • The less attention a tank needs from healers, the more time healers can spend on others, making room for mistakes and allowing more cheaper spells.
    • Tank DPS is relevant as well. It obviously doesn't convert to as much damage as if a damage dealer got the item, but there's still a relevant DPS increase.

I'm glad you said this. It's really easy to get caught up in the DPS argument. There's a reason it's called the holy trinity or trifecta. Beefing up any one or two of the three does no good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    Yay. I'm so glad I missed the BiS, warforged, Heroic ring yesterday on Tectus on my tank to a Glad warrior that's going to respec Fury tonight.

Not like I told him and the raidleader that twice or anything.
    It's really silly, I told all the other warriors there is no way Blizz are going to let Fury go into Mythic in such a state