Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    It's Bush, he is absolved of everything, remember Jeb needs a fair shot at presidency. Even for the 9/11 commission, his testimony was not transcribed, was done in his home and was not under oath. The only other person to get treated like this was Dick Chaney...
    and everyone knows what a lovely character dick is
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yeah, it was awesome. Stewart is just fucking fantastic - his stuff is brilliant. Of course Bush knew, but he was "absolved" in the report, for whatever that's worth.
    Wait, why would a highly partisan report "absolve" Bush? I can't keep up with all the bullshit.

Maybe it's just a report/evaluation afterall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Wait, why would a highly partisan report "absolve" Bush? I can't keep up with all the bullshit.

Maybe it's just a report/evaluation afterall.
    its part of the secret democratic plan to try to elect jeb bush president, they are hedging their bets to avoid the crazies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I believe the CIA directors over the politicians because, you know, politicians.
    People who oversaw war crimes say it was ok. Case closed guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Torture them more for killing and hurting those countless innocents!

All terrorists should be slaughtered; think of those recently decapitated, they didn't follow the Geneva Convention.
    The law isn't something people "deserve" or "don't deserve". Torture is illegal. Its a war crime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The law isn't something people "deserve" or "don't deserve". Torture is illegal. Its a war crime.
    Nuremberg Trials and investigation were just a partisan attack on the one and only fuhrer. I believe SS over liberals.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Nuremberg Trials and investigation were just a partisan attack on the one and only fuhrer. I believe SS over liberals.
    Its just nuts when someone says they believe professional spooks over politicians because its politicians who lie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nuremberg trials tried war criminals from the third reich who among other things killed and tortured people.

Your bias is showing.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    General expectations and detailed information are very different things.
    Yea.

One stems from naivety, the other stems from knowledge of the industry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Nuremberg trials tried war criminals from the third reich who among other things killed and tortured people.

Your bias is showing.
    in the light of the recent bill that finally got rid of social security for nazis living oversea this whole thing becomes even more ridiculous
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Also, they were only following orders, and if Nuremburg taught us anything, it's that you can't prosecute someone that was only following orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Also, they were only following orders, and if Nuremburg taught us anything, it's that you can't prosecute someone that was only following orders.
    Listen, the 40s were a scary time and Shirō Ishii was just doing what he felt was necessary for his country's safety.

Listen, the 40s were a scary time and Shirō Ishii was just doing what he felt was necessary for his country's safety.
    I wish people didn't conflate Godwin's Rule with stating that someone's wrong - the logic applied by the CIA is fundamentally the same as the logic applied by the SS, Stasi, and every other brutal group charged with "national security" ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Totally, and rectal feeding actually has more health benefits than actually oral feeding, so there.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    those horrible iraqi people were such partisans when they strung poor saddam hussein and lynched him. i believe saddam hussein's claims of innocence. so ungrateful. he built so many palaces for them too.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

They should've lost their rights when they committed it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

Your bias is showing.
    Nuremburg trials were a tragedy for justice, the only thing they accomplished was punishing a few nazis and allowing the soviets to pass off all of the horrible they did to the Germans. The nazis should have either been shot in the head or tried in a real court, but dont act like Nuremburg was some legitimate thing.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    but dont act like Nuremburg was some legitimate thing.
    real politick is real politick.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, now we know what torture is "good for":
    "Ex-Bush Official: U.S. Tortured Prisoners to Produce False Intel that Built Case for Iraq War"

And, from the NY Times' op-ed pages, a step in the right direction: "Prosecute Torturers and Their Bosses"
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)