serious help needed with flamethrowers on brack...

for three days now ive been trying to down brackenspore for the bow (im a hunter). Ive spent roughly 4-8 hours each day getting in and out of pugs with NONE being able to kill him. I just left a pug that 1 shot tectus so I was sure we had brackenspore no problem. We wiped on him for 2 hours....... I normally get flamethrower duty so Ive tried pretty much every possible tactic with it. I always do the on then right back off again after the gcd method. I tried only clearing a bit around the shrooms/stack area but I always get overwhelmed by the time brack hits about 50% hp there is so much moss my gun cant keep up. Ive tried starting clearing real early at the edges and just trying to pace myself through out the fight but I still end up overheating trying to keep up with the moss..... I just don't know what to do anymore Im at a loss...

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect that the reason why it is hard to keep the moss at bay is cause the groups DPS is subpar at best. Cause the soft enrage of the boss is the moss which overtakes all after certain time.

If you have a second guy on flamethrower as well then firstly you should make clear of which area who keeps clean of moss. Makes it easier.

Secondly you should IDD prioritize the boss area and the stacking area for shrooms and if you have some juice left over, make sure you use it on all the remaining moss you can.

One handy tip floating around is that you can cancel your flamethrower by pressing the ESC-key on keyboard. That way when you have to move and have no moss anywhere near you don't waste your juice and have more left before the gun over heats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop overheating, you end up losing 10 seconds of cooldown time each time you overheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    You should have told us how long it took to get brackenspore to 50%. No matter how good the flamethrower users are, you can only keep the moss at bay for so long, it's a soft enrage and gets faster over time. If the DPS sucks (either because of shitty dps or because blue shrooms are not handled properly), it won't matter if you use your flamethrower 100% perfectly. From what I've seen in logs, it seems you can possibly keep the moss away for almost 10 minutes if you do it perfectly, but it seems more realistic to keep it away for 7-8 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    From what I've seen in logs, it seems you can possibly keep the moss away for almost 10 minutes if you do it perfectly, but it seems more realistic to keep it away for 7-8 minutes.
    I think the estimate seems right but I think the max you can last is 9 minutes actually. Cause we took 8.57 minutes (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...J9pMC#fight=11) to kill it and in all fairness by the 8th minute the dps stack was standing in moss more or less and the only area we managed barely to keep clean was the boss location, but few seconds more and it would've started to heal.

we had some problems at first with the most (dps not good enough). then we used 2 classes with speed cd's on the flamethrower.. its was damn easy that way.. in one sprint or whatever go you can remove way more moss than a player without speed buff it seems^^

on a sidenote... dont forget to stand in the blue mushrooms

15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure your tanks are pulling the big add right onto the boss INTO the blue shrooms. If you're losing a lot of cleave damage, or worse if your melee are forced to stand outside shrooms to hit either of them, you'll hit soft enrage.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

In normal we were a group of 11 and had 2 ranged dps (hunter and lock, haha) on the flamethrowers and had no major issues though ilvl and dps was pretty decent. By the kill (really cannot remember how long it took) about 2/3 of the area was covered in moss. Not saying this is right but this is how we did it. So both flamethrowers started on the boss to get a good opening and some HP gone. Once the moss started appearing we took a few bits out to start the cooling down of the flamethrower early. Then every now and again we would go blast some moss in different areas but only up to about 80% heat (never overheating as you may need it quickly) then back on the boss or adds if they are up. Is your group utilising the blue mushroom correctly? That is the key to better raid dps and ideally you also want to be in it as much as possible rather than flame throwing at the time. Are you keeping an eye on your burning dps buff? Don't let that fall off. Probably obvious but make sure your tanks aren't letting the boss or adds stand on the moss.

Good luck