10+ Year Old Account

is this product legitimate?

so i was looking for the game project because it looks like its a fun game to kill a few hours and cause some really fun crashes and stuff with bridges plus i get to have fun designing my own bridge. i looked on steam where its apparently sold and its $20.00 but it's also being sold apparently on amazon for $10.00 as a download which to me is a more acceptable price point. however i get the feeling that this might be either.....A.a "used" copy of a steam key someone is trying to sell on amazon in which case isn't that useless? i thought you could only trade games on steam? or B. a fake in which case i not only wasted my money but now i have to contact amazon about it being a fraud and possibly the bank as well. it has the same specs as the one on steam listed but that doesn't convince me. there are only 2 reviews for it so i don't know if it's actually fake or not. it doesn't seem to be from the 2 reviews.

i hope its just me being paranoid cause i really want the game but ill pass if it's $20.00

i've used amazon's digital services a couple times but this game i'm not sure about.

this is the link to the game in question: http://www.amazon.com/Libredia-Bridg...bridge+project
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Amazon isn't eBay. There's always a time and place to be cautious, but Amazon typically is reputable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Amazon isn't eBay. There's always a time and place to be cautious, but Amazon typically is reputable.
    if i buy it and it is a fraudulent purchase would they issue a refund in the case of a downloadable game?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

I've never lost anything buying form "Amazon Associates" but I think the big leverage Amazon has over these companies is they'll kick them out from under the Amazon umbrella if they misbehave.

Does seem too good a price to be true.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I've never lost anything buying form "Amazon Associates" but I think the big leverage Amazon has over these companies is they'll kick them out from under the Amazon umbrella if they misbehave.

Does seem too good a price to be true.
    i kind of agree with the price being too good. usually simulator games aren't cheap unless they are over a decade old or just plain suck.

why not torrent, skidrow etc. and get it for free o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alex14 View Post
    because i have morals. and thats illegal.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Libredia-...uct/B009YKVSXA

It looks like the game MSRPs at $20, and frequently goes on sale for $10.

Steam probably isn't having a sale right now for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    because i have morals. and thats illegal.
    People confuse fear of getting caught for morals. Not sayin' you do. Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    http://camelcamelcamel.com/Libredia-...uct/B009YKVSXA

It looks like the game MSRPs at $20, and frequently goes on sale for $10.

Steam probably isn't having a sale right now for this game.
    no it isn't is amazon allowed to sell steam games though? i haven't heard of it being offered for sale on any other platform than steam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    People confuse fear of getting caught for morals. Not sayin' you do. Just sayin'.
    piracy is the digital equivalent of theft. your not going to convince me otherwise so don't try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alex14 View Post
    Because some people actually aren't douchebags and want to pay for the product they're using?

OT: It'll be fine man, just buy it if you want it via Amazon. Amazon is fine, they obviously obtained cheaper codes while it was on sale or something, and are selling them now at that price. You won't get scammed, I've bought gaming codes off them and it's been fine.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Because some people actually aren't douchebags and want to pay for the product they're using?

OT: It'll be fine man, just buy it if you want it via Amazon. Amazon is fine, they obviously obtained cheaper codes while it was on sale or something, and are selling them now at that price. You won't get scammed, I've bought gaming codes off them and it's been fine.
    so how will it work then if its from steam will i have to activate via steam? not that i have any problem with that i've just never bought anything from steam off amazon.

10+ Year Old Account
    no it isn't is amazon allowed to sell steam games though? i haven't heard of it being offered for sale on any other platform than steam.
    You obviously don't buy many gaming cds ever off sites?
    A lot of games now use Steam to keep their game, so Steam (and others companies through the help of steam) provides keys for sale that can be used on Steam, and they work just like buying it off steam.
    I've used gaming key websites (legal ones) for years because they're usually 40-50% cheaper than buying it at AU$ prices on Steam.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

This is a 10 year old game, that has recently been rehashed and offered on Steam. Either its a standalone version or its a Steam key. Either way, "fulfilled by Amazon" (e.g. Amazon Digital Services) is a trusted transaction.

I've used gaming key websites (legal ones) for years because they're usually 40-50% cheaper than buying it at AU$ prices on Steam.
    They probably buy a bunch of keys during Steam sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    so how will it work then if its from steam will i have to activate via steam? not that i have any problem with that i've just never bought anything from steam off amazon.
    Quickly skimming it seems like it's just a direct copy off of Amazon's servers.
    But if they send you a steam code, then yeah, you just log into your Steam, and apply the code, and bam it'll be in your account.

It's a download and since you've already used this kind of thing before I'm sure it's legit. Even thought Steam is a large (if not the largest) provider of digitally downloadable games, their pricing is not the word of god. Like even though Wal-Mart has a lot of stuff and usually goes for the cheapest, there will always be another store (somewhere, somehow) selling the same thing at a lower price. Now excuse me while I curl up in horror realizing I just compared Steam to Wal-Mart.

But if they send you a steam code, then yeah, you just log into your Steam, and apply the code, and bam it'll be in your account.
    It's off their servers. You can download the game any time on any computer since it's attached to your account after you buy it. Unlike Steam, though, it won't save any game data or save files you make.
    Last edited by Hardkorr; 2014-12-10 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    You obviously don't buy many gaming cds ever off sites?
    A lot of games now use Steam to keep their game, so Steam (and others companies through the help of steam) provides keys for sale that can be used on Steam, and they work just like buying it off steam.
    the gaming cd's i do buy off amazon don't require steam since i mostly buy much older titles off steam. usually one from around the early 90's to early 2000's. i love buying retro games.
    have never used any of the gaming key websites.

- - - Updated - - -

okay thanks for the info. im off to build bridges and drive trains off failing bridges then.

Amazon sells steam games all the time, and often has sales on them, sometimes even better than the steam winter/summer sale prices.

Source: Self, have purchased steam games from Amazon before.