Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Do they get to practice these bosses in Beta? that was always my understanding ... that would give them a heck of a head start.

Quote Originally Posted by nam42 View Post
    european guilds and players are superior. Not sure why that is, but there is no doubt it is this way.
    Umm... false. The best guild might be European.. but it in NO way means that European players are better than American Players. I've grouped with plenty of Euros who have played like they have a hole in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Yes they take it into account World first is credited to the guild who down it in the fastest time from their regions release.
    Really? I don't remember any significant World First that went to US, but I guess it seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Pretty sure Butcher is just a gear-wall, nothing skillful about beating that boss you simply need big enough numbers.
    This is exactly it. Butcher is going to have extremely high requirements for everyone in the raid in terms of output. That is the point of a Patchwerk boss. Prevent progression by forcing you to upgrade your gear. Once you have the gear to beat it it becomes faceroll. Other bosses may not have as stringent gear requirements, but mess up one mechanic and it's a wipe even when you outgear it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprophecy2186 View Post
    Umm... false. The best guild might be European.. but it in NO way means that European players are better than American Players. I've grouped with plenty of Euros who have played like they have a hole in the head.
    Why even bother humouring that with a reply?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Dat logic man! Dat freaking logic!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I was obviously taking about the best european players/guilds vs the best american players/guilds.

Who cares about the average american/european players anyway .

Oh man, solid proof that US is better than EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Method is shit and always will be.

Damn fanboys.
    it's always funny to follow these threads

maybe you'll down mythic butcher

like 3 months from now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    it's always funny to follow these threads

maybe you'll down mythic butcher

like 3 months from now lol
    Not to mention how he's bashing the guild that's undisputably the best in the world lately. There is literally no guild that is less shit than Method, going by MoP progression.

I'm kind of surprised so many people think the EU guilds are so much better when they're just watching the live streams of the top US guilds to pickup the tactics they see working, scrap what they see not working, and know which bosses aren't worth wasting time on (butcher).

It's kinda like saying a guild where everyone watched a Fatboss Guide on how to kill a boss is infinitely more skilled than the guild who went in there first and wiped a bit coming up with the tactics to use that everyone else will use for the forseeable future.

Now that method is "caught up", their progress will not be as rapid relative to everyone else anymore.

I'm not saying method is bad, obviously they aren't, but seeing others blaze the trail gives them an advantage.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TherealNerz View Post
    Of course everyone knows that..... How many times did you post this shit today?

Method IS doubtless a lot better than the US/OC Guilds atm. Thats a Fact.

Of course the race hasnt finished jet, but imho the only real competition for Method will be Paragon. The rest are just not good enough.
    Not enough times, obviously, because there are still people making conclusions from first few bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I'm kind of surprised so many people think the EU guilds are so much better when they're just watching the live streams of the top US guilds to pickup the tactics they see working, scrap what they see not working, and know which bosses aren't worth wasting time on (butcher).
    God this is a stupid excuse. If this was really the reason Method was vastly superior to US guilds, the US guilds would just stop streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    This is exactly it. Butcher is going to have extremely high requirements for everyone in the raid in terms of output. That is the point of a Patchwerk boss. Prevent progression by forcing you to upgrade your gear. Once you have the gear to beat it it becomes faceroll. Other bosses may not have as stringent gear requirements, but mess up one mechanic and it's a wipe even when you outgear it.
    This is what I found very weird.

Ultimately a boss with more mobility will require lower output to kill before enrage, meaning that the top guilds can get past these bosses with lower than expected ilvl as they can pull perfect dps even while avoiding everything. Fights like patchwerk, the butcher are put in to prevent these guilds clearing half the bosses week 1 but the simple fact you can walk around the butcher makes me question his existence as other than preventing under-geared progression what point does a patchwerk style fight have?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

It's kinda like saying a guild where everyone watched a Fatboss Guide on how to kill a boss is infinitely more skilled than the guild who went in there first and wiped a bit coming up with the tactics to use that everyone else will use for the forseeable future.

Now that method is "caught up", their progress will not be as rapid relative to everyone else anymore.

I'm not saying method is bad, obviously they aren't, but seeing others blaze the trail gives them an advantage.

You really think any of the top guilds would be live streaming if it meant that it would help their competition? now that is funny

NO top guild US/EU is even streaming. THis is a bullshit post.

Right now treckie (method) is restreaming their kills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nam42 View Post
    Mistakes were made!

You took american guilds (2/7-4/7 after many hours of wiping) and compared them to european guilds. One cannot do that, european guilds and players are superior. Not sure why that is, but there is no doubt it is this way.
    Not superior, just don't have to work 3 full time jobs just to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Yes they take it into account World first is credited to the guild who down it in the fastest time from their regions release.

- - - Updated - - -

Well they obviously are not "shit" or anything even close to it.

Damn haters
    No, it isn't. Never has been. World first is the first one to kill a boss, regardless of when it was released in their region. The only distinction there used to be was that Asian guilds weren't really counted during MoP because of different lockouts and itemlevels.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-12-10 at 03:15 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

judging from armory, Paragon have been busy all day getting the last pieces of gear from heroic.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are the optional bosses still optional in Mythic? and if they aren't then why are they doing them if nobody cares about any boss but the last? Chance for gear?