Do you use PvE gear in PvP?

I haven't done any PvP in WoW for years and haven't kept up with the latest info regarding WoD so I'm a bit lost at the moment. It appears that resilience is completely gone this expansion and the only benefit of PvP gear is a little bit more stamina and some weird mechanic that boosts your ilvl in PvP. If you have raid-level gear that is far better than the ilvl 600 or 620 PvP gear do you guys just use that?

Afaik the current pvp gear (honor) gets scaled to 675 or something in pvp combat, (at least arenas, BGs, etc), while any other gear gets scaled (up or down) to a set value (lower than pvp gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Tomed View Post
    I haven't done any PvP in WoW for years and haven't kept up with the latest info regarding WoD so I'm a bit lost at the moment. It appears that resilience is completely gone this expansion and the only benefit of PvP gear is a little bit more stamina and some weird mechanic that boosts your ilvl in PvP. If you have raid-level gear that is far better than the ilvl 600 or 620 PvP gear do you guys just use that?
    It's not that "weird" really. The 600 and 620 PvP gear will scale to nearly 700 in PvP. Why use ilvl 640-660 PvE gear if you have the option to use the better suited PvP gear? PvE gear scales to 650 in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Afaik the current pvp gear (honor) gets scaled to 675 or something in pvp combat, (at least arenas, BGs, etc), while any other gear gets scaled (up or down) to a set value (lower than pvp gear).
    I see. So when an item says it gets scaled to 675 that means its stats get increased too? I thought it meant that it just boosted your displayed ilvl for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedative View Post
    It's not that "weird" really. The 600 and 620 PvP gear will scale to nearly 700 in PvP. Why use ilvl 640-660 PvE gear if you have the option to use the better suited PvP gear? PvE gear scales to 650 in PvP.
    The text says nothing about increasing the stats on the item, just the item level. It's kind of obvious in retrospect but I didn't know that scaling ilvl implied that all of the stats increased as well. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomed View Post
    I see. So when an item says it gets scaled to 675 that means its stats get increased too? I thought it meant that it just boosted your displayed ilvl for whatever reason.
    Yes. Stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pvp gear gets boosted to 675 (rare) or 690 (epic) in pvp environments. Pve gear is only worth using if you have 680+ items that aren't covered by epics or warforged blues. Pve items above 690 get nerfed to 690 in arena, and conquest gear cant be warforged, effectively giving you full 690 in arena when fully equipped.

E: I'm not 100% sure on the exact ilvls though so take it with a pinch of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.