Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

12-Year-Old Boy Cheerleader Commits Suicide Because Of Classmates

http://www.queerty.com/bullied-to-de...rleadersuicide

Parenting fail. I would not let my boy be a cheerleader.

Now hate me for what I said, but I am aware of the consequences. You can only change one thing here and bullying doesn't stop magically just because you wish so.

So better be safe than sorry and pull that kid out / don't allow him to join in the first place.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2014-12-10 at 10:46 PM.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. I'd let my son cheerlead but I'd let him know that he'll probably be called a faggot and you may need to bloody a nose or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    http://www.queerty.com/bullied-to-de...rleadersuicide

Parenting fail. I would not let my boy be a cheerleader.

Now hate me for what I said, but I am aware of the consquences which I am unable to change. So better be safe than sorry.
    You know if you refuse him something like that, he'll just do something you consider worse because teenager.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... What a great way to start the thread. I think I'm going to sit this one out.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a surprising amount of guys doing cheerleading here at university. I questioned this when chatting to a female friend and she explained that for some of the more artistic and gymnastic type throws and catches and stuff, they need the muscle.

But then the difference between being 12 and being 18-21 is quite a lot.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Yeah... What a great way to start the thread. I think I'm going to sit this one out.
    Sorry for not joining the politcally correct crowd this time. I know the correct MMO response should have been "ooh the school system should do something about bullying yada"

Deleted
    12 year olds now commit suicide? da fuq?

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    There's a surprising amount of guys doing cheerleading here at university. I questioned this when chatting to a female friend and she explained that for some of the more artistic and gymnastic type throws and catches and stuff, they need the muscle.

But then the difference between being 12 and being 18-21 is quite a lot.
    Exactly. If my 20 years old son wants to join cheerleading, I'd let him go for it. By that time everyone knows that this has some... benefits... to it. Maybe.

But at this age, if you aren't into cars and boxing, you will be bullied. Why let your child go through this?

Exactly. If my 20 years old son wants to join cheerleading, I'd let him go for it. By that time everyone knows that this has some... benefits... to it. Maybe.

But at this age, if you aren't into cars and boxing, you will be bullied. Why let your child go through this?
    really? because my younger sibling says its cool for people to play COD and Minecraft, this 2014 not 20 years ago.

Deleted
    If I failed to raise a child capable of the strength to put up with bullying, then I wouldn't allow them to put themselves in the line of fire.

Sorry for not joining the politcally correct crowd this time. I know the correct MMO response should have been "ooh the school system should do something about bullying yada"
    It's not the kids fault. It's the parents.

How come their kids think that being gay is bad? Even tho he wasn't gay. They were saying it as an insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Parenting fail.
    Yes, but not for the reasons you stated. His parents should have taught him to stand by his choices no matter the bullying. If he wants to be a cheerleader then let him be one. People are going to criticize others no matter what and that's a lesson that's learned the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

How come their kids think that being gay is bad? Even tho he wasn't gay. They were saying it as an insult.
    So your solution is to.... educate the parents? good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Apolaan View Post
    really? because my younger sibling says its cool for people to play COD and Minecraft, this 2014 not 20 years ago.
    Cod and minecraft are still not something that's usually played exclusively by girls

look at the post, look at the location were OP is from. nothing new
    Christopher W "Garage House Screen."

Quote Originally Posted by minnnlinz View Post
    look at the post, look at the location were OP is from. nothing new
    What's your point exactly? What's not new?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

To some people, it is bad. Shocking, I know, different views and all. Not that it deserves bullying.

You can't really just start cheering at 20. It takes a lot of training to be able to tumble and do throws. I know several college cheerleader males who have been doing it for 10+ years.

Naive parents are to blame. They shouldn't have let him join the cheerleaders because this was predictable. It does not matter what is wrong or right, what matters is what IS. These parents actively chose this life for their child, they should have put a stop to certain habbits/behavoirs that leads to this kind of thing, if they couldn't do that they should have at least kept him off the cheer leading team.

Believing a black neighbor hood turned ghetto shouldn't be a dangerous place doesn't change the reality that you're at risk. The truth is not manipulated by your damned feelings, this is just as much the parents fault as the students. This was preventable. Having a trophy "progressive" child isn't exactly easy.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    To some people, it is bad. Shocking, I know, different views and all. Not that it deserves bullying.
    That's a new line of rhetoric I haven't seen before.

"Damn gays, but lets not bully them." I live in a crazy world sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    You can't really just start cheering at 20. It takes a lot of training to be able to tumble and do throws. I know several college cheerleader males who have been doing it for 10+ years.
    If my child really wanted to do this, I'd let him start with acrobatics first. It's virtually the same, you just don't cheer at some other people while they play a game. Let children mature first