Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Seeing the Rate of Progress in Highmail.... How will Blackrock Foundry go?

If you guys have been looking at the progress of Mythic Highmaul (www.wowprogress.com) you might see that only a few select guilds are advancing, but are currently stuck on either The Butcher or the Imperator Mar'Gok

Considering Blackrock Foundry is supposed to be somewhat harder, how do you think progression in BRF will go?

A bit too early to be discussing this ? It depends on how fast mythic HM can be put on farm and how BRF will be tuned ..
    Mew!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    A bit too early to be discussing this ? It depends on how fast mythic HM can be put on farm and how BRF will be tuned ..
    Beta testers may have some insight if they tried both

Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    And guaranteed, the big guilds have done both.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic guilds will be closer to the tuning point for Foundry than they were for the first week of Highmaul so the easier/mid bosses in Foundry will probably drop quickly before the guilds get to the wall bosses.

Ppl will get stuck for ages on the Iron Maidens, its probablt the hardest boss on the tier, its this tiers Blackfuse or Paragon of the Klaxxi (depending if it was a 10 man or 25 man guild). Blast Furnace might be a big road block as well, the other bosses all seen manageable, Gruul and Oregorger are going to be loot pinatas probably.

Something is realy wrong with Highmauls tunning tough. The Butcher beeing harder than Koragh is totaly wrong.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2014-12-11 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Ppl will get stuck for ages on the Iron Maidens, its probablt the hardest boss on the tier, its this tiers Blackfuse or Paragon of the Klaxxi (depending if it was a 10 man or 25 man guild). Blast Furnace might be a big road block as well, the other bosses all seen manageable, Gruul and Oregorger are going to be loot pinatas probably.

Something is realy wrong with Highmauls tunning tough. The Butcher beeing harder than Koragh is totaly wrong.
    butcher will probably get nerfed, from waht i hear the dps requirement is not realistic. That said, i always felt like requiring more than 1 weeek of gearing up for boss killing wouldnt be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post

The butcher isn't hard per se, its just a gear wall in a game where gear walls just haven't been in the game in a long time. Its simple specifically because it wants you to have the ilevels to beat it more than say, Twin Ogrons, which is 99% mechanics. I don't really see why it would get nerfed since its basically saying to people "have this much gear to receive loot", though I haven't done it on mythic yet.

If you guys have been looking at the progress of Mythic Highmaul (www.wowprogress.com) you might see that only a few select guilds are advancing, but are currently stuck on either The Butcher or the Imperator Mar'Gok

Considering Blackrock Foundry is supposed to be somewhat harder, how do you think progression in BRF will go?
    Probably faster because people will have a month of farming Mythic Highmaul gear when they get in, and can fill in the gaps with heroic BRF gear.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who said highmaul will be easier than blackrock? I don't ever recall this being stated by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Who said highmaul will be easier than blackrock? I don't ever recall this being stated by Blizzard.
    The ten item level difference may be an indicator.

The nice thing is that they'll be going in with Highmaul gear, and while poorly optimized, is still probably a dps increase. In contrast, at the start of Highmaul, there was gear, but not nearly as much.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Isn't Highmaul only half a tier? Am I right assuming that the next raid is just finishing tier 17 not been counted as a new tier? If so I kind of assumed this, 2 bosses holding up top guilds sounds about right, as I'd expect 2 or 3 to do the same in the next raid. There is never more then 3 or so bosses that take 100+ tries for these guilds and they can do that many pulls in two or so days or hard progression. So ya seems right, I mean look at ICC 1 boss that took over 20 tries let alone 100+

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Isn't Highmaul only half a tier? Am I right assuming that the next raid is just finishing tier 17 not been counted as a new tier? If so I kind of assumed this, 2 bosses holding up top guilds sounds about right, as I'd expect 2 or 3 to do the same in the next raid. There is never more then 3 or so bosses that take 100+ tries for these guilds and they can do that many pulls in two or so days or hard progression. So ya seems right, I mean look at ICC 1 boss that took over 20 tries let alone 100+
    Yes Highmaul is the first part of the raid tier, the next part of the raid tier (which will have the tier sets) will be released in January.

Deleted
    Does anybody have any numbers for the Butcher? How much hp does the boss have?

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    Yes Highmaul is the first part of the raid tier, the next part of the raid tier (which will have the tier sets) will be released in January.
    No release date for BRF has been announced yet. Ballpark estimates and speculation is all that is out there at this point.
    Last edited by Gliff; 2014-12-11 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone64 View Post
    The butcher isn't hard per se, its just a gear wall in a game where gear walls just haven't been in the game in a long time. Its simple specifically because it wants you to have the ilevels to beat it more than say, Twin Ogrons, which is 99% mechanics. I don't really see why it would get nerfed since its basically saying to people "have this much gear to receive loot", though I haven't done it on mythic yet.
    Well I havent tried him in Mythic for obvious reasons but from my calculations, using 14 DPS you need 32k DPS per player to beat him, thats not a gear check thats unrealistic, you basicaly need way too much gear to get to that, its not very well balanced for a boss that can be done right after the first one in the tier.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2014-12-11 at 12:17 PM.

Deleted
    The race for foundry will be a lot tighter because guilds with a normal raid schedule won't be lagging behind on gear as much as these guilds that cleared heroic 12 times within a week before mythic.

I don't have an issue with things not being cleared the first week or with the usual top end approaches (class stacking, weird trinket/effect combinations, etc.). From what I've heard, Butcher on mythic hits too hard on tanks and has too high a DPS requirement at the moment, which other than the world first race doesn't really bother me because it's likely balanced around weeks of farming Heroic for gear, not jumping into it undergeared as the top guilds usually do. If it's actually overtuned then it should be nerfed, but it shouldn't be nerfed just so the world first race can be over in one week.

Raids will always be cleared this quickly. Top guilds are so good that they can handle anything thrown at them that is mathematically reasonable.

If they tune it so that top guild struggle for months then the mortals that attempt mythic have got no chance. Mythic is already something of a niche, it doesn't make much sense to make it cater to an even smaller minority.