View Poll Results: iPhone 6 or Note 4

Voters
23. This poll is closed
  • iPhone 6

7 30.43%
  • Note 4

16 69.57%

iPhone 6 vs Note 4

So I am currently with Verizon and will be switching to T-Mobile this weekend I currently also have the iPhone 6 and have always loved iPhones. I've never really had a great Android and there for never liked them. I had some random LG with MetroPcs and than a Motorola Droid Maxx with Verizon. Now that I am moving to T-Mobile I will be able to get a new phone. I'll either just get another iPhone 6 or I might get the Samsung Note 4 a shot. What is everyone's opinions on the two??

15+ Year Old Account
    The Galaxy series is amazing in my personal experience. If you have an iphone, like it, and it works for you stick with it.

Also, incoming 30 page Android vs Apple thread.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Just be prepared with T Mobile to spend $500+ up front for the phone if you have anything less than flawless credit.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    iPhones are joke spec wise for the price. Andriod, and the notes in particular are a lot better.
    But honestly its just up to you. If you've had a iphone in the past (didn't read your text) then you may already have apps bought that you can just reinstall without having to pay for the android version. And even I think the iphone UI is much simpler and nicer to use, but I still have a Samsung S5 and don't regret it.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    You already have the iPhone 6 and are happy with it, so stick with it. No point changing ecosystems unless you have a problem with what you currently have.

I'd only suggest possibly considering the switch if you were on an older iPhone model, cause at least then you can excuse it as a phone upgrade.

As someone with experience in both ecosystems, I'd say go with the iPhone. People will talk about Android phones having better "specs" but it's apples and oranges, since iOS is a much less resource-intensive operating system. Plus a lot of great apps are only available on the iPhone, not on Android.

And honestly, the iPhone just feels and looks better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    As someone with experience in both ecosystems, I'd say go with the iPhone. People will talk about Android phones having better "specs" but it's apples and oranges, since iOS is a much less resource-intensive operating system. Plus a lot of great apps are only available on the iPhone, not on Android.

And honestly, the iPhone just feels and looks better.
    Same thing, specs only come into play if you're experiencing a slow OS, which shouldn't happen on an iPhone 6. Also, comparing specs between both systems is pointless, as this hardware will not be used the same way at all between bots OS.

Comparing iPhone 5 specs vs iPhone 6 specs makes sense, same with 2 Android phones, now comparing one Android and one iPhone on the specs alone is just some terrible idea (very pushed forward by Android marketers)

What's important is just "what do you think about both systems?". Both are fine, the only thing that matters is which one fit your needs and feels the best to you.

Though I'd go with Windows Phone personally.
    Oh, hi.

T-Mobile you don't have to pay for the phone up front you can do monthly payments. Also ya I'll probably just get another iPhone 6. But I'll still be considering the Note worse if I don't like it I just get it half way paided off and go back to an iPhone. In the end I guess not a huge difference. I just always experienced Android being slower, but like I said I never had such a great Android phone and I heard the new Lollipop is pretty nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a Note 4 on T-Mobile.

Some observations:

-I didnt think Id really use the pen, but I do.

-I didnt think Id really use the dual application mode, but I do.

-Without a case it feels light to me, and fits well in my hand, of course people will vastly differ on that. With my Spigen case its a bit big, bit heavy, but thats the trade off I make for drop protection and a kickstand.

-Its never felt slow, or under powered.

-The battery is a total beast, and the fast charger is pretty insane. I dont worry about it anymore. I used to always worry about charging every night. I dont have to now. Even if it was super low and I forget to plug it in, by the time I take a shower and have breakfast it will be back to like 85-90% and last a whole work day. 30min charge = 50% battery = full day of mixed usage, pretty much.

-The screen is the best display I have ever seen. AMOLED is pretty insane in comparison to the LED LCD type setups people are used to. Black is black. Its not like with my monitor, where if I turn off the lights and put a black image on it, it glows slightly grey. No with the --Note 4 screen, black image = no light. Which is weirdly awesome, and makes images really pop.

Samsung's flavor of Android I have no issue with. The only software issue I do have is that some apps, even though they are on android, are not available for it. Most notably, Microsoft Office.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2014-12-11 at 08:05 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    1 answer. The OnePlus One. It's your Note or iPhone+ for less then half the prize and brings more to the table anyway. But if you're happy with Apple, simply keep it.

Deleted
    Depends on what you want.

1. The Iphone 6 will have a much better value when you will sell it.
    2. The Iphone 6 has much better build quality than the Note
    3. The Iphone 6 vs Note 4 spec vs spec is not a valid comparison, i can tell you that both are so fast that you cant actually slow them down
    4. The Note 4 has more customization ( because android ) and with Touchwizz extra's you might find it a better phone for your needs.
    5. The Note 4 has much better battery life and a better screen
    5. The Note 4 will get much slower updates and will get dropped from the support before the Iphone 6, if you care about this things
    6. Iphone will lock you in their ecosystem , the Note will lock you in the Google one, my personal opinion is both are great, just think before you put sensitive info on the cloud on either of them, better safe than sorry.

My final point is, would you rather have a phone that has the same brand as your washing machine or vacuum cleaner or the brand of a highly known and respectable manufacturer, all within the same ecosystem.

I switched to the Iphone 6 after being a frequent user of Android devices, from almost every manufacturer.

When there will be a android phone no bigger than 5", running mostly stock OS, with good specs, decent battery life, superb camera and a fingerprint sensor that works without the awkwardness of the one in the samsungs, while also being designed with style in mind, i would go back, but i'm not going to the 5.5" phones?! with 2.7 Ghz quads that are still being smoked by my 1.4 dual core, getting incredibly hot and with a jerky OS becuase TouchWizz
    Last edited by mmocb18462e7dd; 2014-12-11 at 12:34 PM.